Whats wrong with Kelowna transit?

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Whats wrong with Kelowna transit?

Post by Fancy »

50-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:Fancy have you tried the busses?

Yes but a long time ago. It's disheartening to hear all the stories from inconsiderate drivers to missed stops.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Fancy wrote:Yes but a long time ago. It's disheartening to hear all the stories from inconsiderate drivers to missed stops.

You should hear the disheartening stories from the bus drivers when they have to deal with inconsiderate passengers, from the ones who are cussed at for doing their jobs, the ones who are spit at or even beat up in some cases because someone feels that he or she doesn't have to pay full fare, or a fare at all. And its not just lowlife scum that beak out at the drivers, even sweet old ladies let the driver know that they're an idiot when BC Transit or the city makes a schedule change.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Jim Dixon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Jim Dixon »

Wow! It is interesting to see just how fast a topic gets so divided in a short period of time.

Everyone has an opinion on one side or the other. But, there are THREE side to every story - there is His, Hers, and then there is the Truth.

Paying passengers and bus drivers are human beings and individuals and neither can be excused for anything simply based on a wide generalization.

The union is the one that is looking to be the dumbest of the bunch - led by Les Milton, President of Amalgamated Transit Union local 1722. But, he thinks he is befuddling the lemmings with gobbledegook. If Milton believes drivers are afraid of being caught on camera; then drivers - do not do anything that you fear of being caught in the act of! Protecting the drivers indeed. It's a very sorry attempt at backing drivers.

If the Union boss says the passenger worries them, then there must be something to the story of being denied service.

There are good drivers, and there are lousy drivers. You only have to talk to passengers using the transit just how a few bad bus drivers can make them all look bad too. You only have to look at the rules for passengers to know just how bad some passengers can and have been. One passenger spits towards a bus driver, and all passengers be spatters too so a new draconian rule is made.

Each case should be viewed independently. But one thing that has come out is just how stupid the union leader Les Milton thinks the public is. It is one thing to protect union members, but another thing to use verbal vomit to paint the black white.

But, that's not why I dropped by, I just came to borrow a smiley :sillygrin:

Remember... were it not for Christmas, there would be no holidays - happy or otherwise.
WARNING::: Anything you say can and will be taken out of context by many and used against you in a Court of Social Media.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

"Jim Dixon"The union is the one that is looking to be the dumbest of the bunch - led by Les Milton, President of Amalgamated Transit Union local 1722. But, he thinks he is befuddling the lemmings with gobbledegook. If Milton believes drivers are afraid of being caught on camera; then drivers - do not do anything that you fear of being caught in the act of! Protecting the drivers indeed. It's a very sorry attempt at backing drivers.

This is very well stated. If not true, we wouldn't be speaking of this incident today.
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

"Jim Dixon"The union is the one that is looking to be the dumbest of the bunch - led by Les Milton, President of Amalgamated Transit Union local 1722. But, he thinks he is befuddling the lemmings with gobbledegook. If Milton believes drivers are afraid of being caught on camera; then drivers - do not do anything that you fear of being caught in the act of! Protecting the drivers indeed. It's a very sorry attempt at backing drivers.

Ken7 wrote:This is very well stated. If not true, we wouldn't be speaking of this incident today.

It looks like more of an anti-union rant to me. I have no trouble understanding why people might be made nervous by having cameras trained on them.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Dizzy1 wrote:You should hear the disheartening stories from the bus drivers when they have to deal with inconsiderate passengers, from the ones who are cussed at for doing their jobs, the ones who are spit at or even beat up in some cases because someone feels that he or she doesn't have to pay full fare, or a fare at all. And its not just lowlife scum that beak out at the drivers, even sweet old ladies let the driver know that they're an idiot when BC Transit or the city makes a schedule change.

I know a couple of drivers (heard their stories) but never witnessed anything remotely like what's happening these days when I was a daily passenger.
Jim Dixon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Jim Dixon »

"crooked member"
I am all for unions. I disagree when union leaders use such propaganda blended with bullock fertilizer to condone such driver behavior.

Maybe, like school buses, transit should have cameras in every bus. Just think like all the self-appointed do-gooders and imagine how much safer it will be for bus drivers if cameras are there to protect them. I mean, if the expense of the cameras saves just one bus driver from being spat on or otherwise abused by passengers, then it is all worth it - is it not?

Using the same method of propaganda as Mr. Milton, We could say that the cameras are there for the protection of it's union members. But like everything that is for anyone's protection, we know what it really does.

Well crooked member, everything that disagrees with your concepts is a "rant". Perhaps you should read what Mr. Milton has been saying. You might then stay with the befuddled, gobbledegooked lemmings and fall for the verbal vomit, which you seem to support, or you'd apologize for being just like him - distorting the truth, mincing words, splitting hairs, and twisting what is said so you do have something to say - even though groundless.

If the bus drivers and passengers do nothing wrong, why fear the camera?

Have a good one crooked...

j

Ken7 wrote:This is very well stated. If not true, we wouldn't be speaking of this incident today.

crookedmember wrote:It looks like more of an anti-union rant to me. I have no trouble understanding why people might be made nervous by having cameras trained on them.
WARNING::: Anything you say can and will be taken out of context by many and used against you in a Court of Social Media.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

I Got to agree that If the drivers conducted themselves properly whenever on the job, they. Should not worry about the camera, it would make them look great if they excellent at their work.

Myself I am not so fond of being filmed downtown, but being paid , while being filmed would make it worthwhile..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

There, the silly-posts are removed. Try again without the personal attacks, unless, of course, you like to see your posts deleted.
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

Drivers kicking riders off buses, cops kicking guys in the head, bylaw officers kicking homeless out of garden sheds and Castanet posters kicking Gallagher's Canyon dead.

Sure got a whole mess of kicking going on in this town.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
1life2live

Post by 1life2live »

*off-topic/Jo*
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

Jim Dixon wrote:...do nothing wrong, why fear the camera?

This is not an argument.
Your bias suits you.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Having security cameras installed is one thing- they're there to protect employees and customers and help in an investigation if neede. But having an individual who very well might not know the rules or polices start videoing an incident to latet edit it and post it on youtube or something to make it look like that they are the victim can ne very decietful. In the case of the Kelowna driver, he clearly broke company policy but in the Kamloops case we don't know the whole story- we only see what the person taping wants us to see. What happened before? Did they even ring the buzzer? Did they ring the buzzer in time for the driver to safely stop in time?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I don't have a problem with transit...Some drivers need some time in "charm school" ,but that's thier problem..

As for camera's ...the time will soon come that all humans will be micro chipped and required to "log in" to Big Brother before they leave thier own yard. To say they're needed on transit busses only speaks to the hysteria with which we now live in ..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Camera's are on lots of transit systems - I don't have a problem with that. Do have a problem with cameras "in your face" and then posted on youtube without permission.

Return to “Central Okanagan”