3 Arrested for Shooting in Hill!

KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Re: 3 Arrested for Shooting in Hill!

Post by KL3-Something »

Ya...No big deal....except for the handgun thing maybe. Or if the "rifle" was actually a prohibited weapon. Like say...a fully automatic rifle, maybe?
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

The news had said that someone had reported that they heard numerous rapid shots in a row and they thought it was more than just a handgun.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Probably why the rifle was confiscated too?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Full auto rifle? Totally jealous.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Pretty pathetic when this makes news and a bunch of posts on a forum, Im sure some person walking their dog or hiking heard the shots and over reacted and embelished the story when they phoned in thus the response from police. Hello the hills are for all types of recreational use and shooting is one of those. Like whoever called new they had a handgun and didnt just hear gunshots on their big adventure into the wilderness, maybe they were chopping down a xmas tree illegaly. No handgun use is not permitted other than a range but I somehow dought that was the nature of the call. Where are the useless conservation officers parked up in the hills hiding out all day waiting for the clock to run out on their day or driving way up in the bush somewhere? everyone sure knows how to over react these days. Maybe a helicopter and multiple car response for an in town machine gun shooting or one of the many other in town shots fired but way up gillard seriously?
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Lore wrote:The news had said that someone had reported that they heard numerous rapid shots in a row and they thought it was more than just a handgun.

its called semi auto pull the trigger as fast as you can and unload!
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

Lore wrote:The news had said that someone had reported that they heard numerous rapid shots in a row and they thought it was more than just a handgun.

Yea I was thinking the same thing but that said they apparently seized 2 long guns so if they were shooting at the same time, small cal like a .22 it may sound like "rapid gun fire". You can pop off a lot of rounds with some of the newer .22 with large mags.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Hey Trunk.. Is it ok to shoot a few beer cans with my pellet gun when I go camping in the bushes ???

Seems to me the news article is pretty vague and I wouldn't mind knowing wht the Queens Cowboys will let the people actually DO now a days.....

Seems you gots ALL the answers...
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

fall wrote:Pretty pathetic when this makes news and a bunch of posts on a forum, Im sure some person walking their dog or hiking heard the shots and over reacted and embelished the story when they phoned in thus the response from police. Hello the hills are for all types of recreational use and shooting is one of those. Like whoever called new they had a handgun and didnt just hear gunshots on their big adventure into the wilderness, maybe they were chopping down a xmas tree illegaly. No handgun use is not permitted other than a range but I somehow dought that was the nature of the call. Where are the useless conservation officers parked up in the hills hiding out all day waiting for the clock to run out on their day or driving way up in the bush somewhere? everyone sure knows how to over react these days. Maybe a helicopter and multiple car response for an in town machine gun shooting or one of the many other in town shots fired but way up gillard seriously?

Did you not want to recheck your post before submitting it?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

MAPearce wrote:Hey Trunk.. Is it ok to shoot a few beer cans with my pellet gun when I go camping in the bushes ???

Seems to me the news article is pretty vague and I wouldn't mind knowing wht the Queens Cowboys will let the people actually DO now a days.....

Seems you gots ALL the answers...

Well it depends on where you are camping and if the beer cans are empty...
If not its a beerable offense. :sillygrin:
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

Lore wrote:Story is at the 4:24 mark.
http://www.chbcnews.ca/video/chbc+news+ ... s=dd#video

According to this story nothing was seized...interesting.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

wondered what was going on, saw the speeding cars and the the helicopter, thought something big was going down in whoville
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Well, the Wednesday morning update didn't materialize I guess. I wonder if anything actually was confiscated.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

JayByrd wrote:Well, the Wednesday morning update didn't materialize I guess. I wonder if anything actually was confiscated.

OH, you posted just a little to soon.
Here is an update.
http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... .htm#84097

Return to “Central Okanagan”