3 Arrested for Shooting in Hill!

JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Re: 3 Arrested for Shooting in Hill!

Post by JayByrd »

Haha so I did!
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
andrewstober

Post by andrewstober »

Edited
Last edited by andrewstober on Dec 6th, 2012, 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Fancy wrote:I sure as heck hope the police will respond to shots fired.

just dont kick them in the head... actually its probably best for the cops not to engage with the shooters but just keep in their cars....or they may end up in court!
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

andrewstober wrote:A lot of police resources were ill-used (not the police's fault but ours) I genuinely feel bad about that. I really hope I get the guns back though! That would be a lot of money down the drain.
But ya, lesson learned here. Be careful where and what you shoot!

Lesson is...Kelowna has a lot of Curtain twitchers...
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Sn0man
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Sn0man »

andrewstober wrote:Ya, we were way beyond city limits in a totally isolated area in the bush. We had a completely safe backdrop to shoot at. There were no fully auto weapons (they were semi-auto). All firearms confiscated were legally registered and we provided a valid RPAL to back it up.
People could hear the shots, they got scared, so they called the cops.
We weren't arrested, and we willingly went to the station to sort everything out.
Discharging a restricted firearm (handgun) outside of a designated range was illegal (but completely safe, lets be real here).
Also, a rivet was removed from a magazine allowing more than 5 shots to be fired in succession (illegal to modify), but again, whether or not 5 or 10 shots are fired, no one was in danger... Except for the handful of pop cans we nailed ;)

No one was in any danger whatsoever, and everyone shooting handled the firearms with extreme care.
A lot of police resources were ill-used (not the police's fault but ours) I genuinely feel bad about that. I really hope I get the guns back though! That would be a lot of money down the drain.

Sorry to hear they took your guns. Hope you get them back.

No fun allowed in Kelowna.
Sunshine tax rebate recipient
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

They got off lucky if all the police did was confiscate the gun!!
Last edited by fall on Dec 5th, 2012, 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

andrewstober wrote:But ya, lesson learned here. Be careful where and what you shoot!

What rifles did you shoot?
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

So they admitted they had illegal weapons. Nice. Sounds like a group of really responsible, grown ups.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

I just read the shooters post a little more thorough, so they were shooting a glock! that would explain the confiscation for sure and who knows what other penalty. The att is from a to b for some people or any range in bc and yukon for others. He wont be getting the gun back. They take pistols way more serious than rifles an shotguns.
Last edited by fall on Dec 5th, 2012, 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

The revolver was registered, it was the fact they weren't shooting it at a range that was illegal. The clip on the semi automatic rifle (was it an SKS?) was modified so it could shoot 10 rounds instead of 5 which is also illegal. None of this was harmful to the public but was still illegal.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
TazzTheCat
Fledgling

Post by TazzTheCat »

andrewstober wrote:Ya, we were way beyond city limits in a totally isolated area in the bush. We had a completely safe backdrop to shoot at. There were no fully auto weapons (they were semi-auto). All firearms confiscated were legally registered and we provided a valid RPAL to back it up.
People could hear the shots, they got scared, so they called the cops.
We weren't arrested, and we willingly went to the station to sort everything out.
Discharging a restricted firearm (handgun) outside of a designated range was illegal (but completely safe, lets be real here).
Also, a rivet was removed from a magazine allowing more than 5 shots to be fired in succession (illegal to modify), but again, whether or not 5 or 10 shots are fired, no one was in danger... Except for the handful of pop cans we nailed ;)

No one was in any danger whatsoever, and everyone shooting handled the firearms with extreme care.
A lot of police resources were ill-used (not the police's fault but ours) I genuinely feel bad about that. I really hope I get the guns back though! That would be a lot of money down the drain.

Some advice that could be helpful in a situation such as yours.... never speak about an 'almost legal/illegal matter' on a forum such a this...The cops in this town are a little on the sloppy side.... and if they were to catch wind of you making comments on here, about a seemingly innocent situation that resulted in a confiscation, they could very quickly turn it into a much bigger problem for you. Do what you will with the advice... but deleting your post should be high on your priority list :) Just saying.
Last edited by TazzTheCat on Dec 5th, 2012, 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The floggings will continue, until morale improves.
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

LOL.

Modified weapons and no charges?
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Last edited by gardengirl on Dec 5th, 2012, 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

SurplusElect wrote:LOL.

Modified weapons and no charges?

The glock would be the big no no the modification is minor in the scheme of things
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

fall wrote:...the modification is minor in the scheme of things

...because having to reload (5/10 rounds) in a crowded area has no effect on the amount of people you can harm in a small amount of time?

I'm not talking jail time, but a "talking to"? Can they still go out and buy more weapons - to obviously modify?

Kinda black comedy at this point. Not looking to debate this.

Return to “Central Okanagan”