Plows ready to roll in West Kelowna

Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Plows ready to roll in West Kelowna

Post by Catz »

prairieflower wrote:My biggest rant over this whole snow removal is the idiots who live just north of the mail box on the westside of McIver @ McTaggart. They keep parking their fricking cars on the road and never get ticketed, nor towed and the plows just go around them.........over and over and over!!! What ever happened to "Bylaw?" There are enough City of WK trucks that drive around our Glenrosa neighbourhood that they should know about these vehicles. Is it not stated somewhere that it is a bylaw to have vehicles removed from the street during snow? It is the idiots like this that screw up a good plow like in the old days, when we had a company with real snow plows and snow removal equipment......not the farmer John's the district hired in their pickups with plows.

Rant over :D

I have to drive around them all the time!!! The road is small enough as it is.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

Today i was driving up the already narrow road in our subdivision and it became apparent that now there was so much snow piled up where people normally park and many vehicles are buried the new place to park is on the cleared section of road. Now i'm coming up the hill and finding a vehicle on my side as it was driving around the parked car!!!
Freaking dummys, i mean maybe the guy/girl wasn't there for long but there was nobody in the car and the driveways of both homes it was outside were clear enough for another vehicle.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Anyone with a name of a snow blower, plow in Peachland area who has reasonable rates. PM me thanks, have a friend who may need a plow.

TY
mbois

Post by mbois »

The snow removal in Rose valley is a joke. Rosealee court has not been touched since the snow started. They skipped over the cup-de-sac and just ploughed rosealee lane when they first came into the neighbourhood. Ive been leaving my car off the street so there is no issues for the snow plough all week and tonight he came by again but never actually cleared out rosealee court. He just up Rosealee lane again, a road in my opinion does not need to ploughed right now. Who do you call to complain about this?
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

prairieflower wrote:My biggest rant over this whole snow removal is the idiots who live just north of the mail box on the westside of McIver @ McTaggart. They keep parking their fricking cars on the road and never get ticketed, nor towed and the plows just go around them.........over and over and over!!! What ever happened to "Bylaw?" There are enough City of WK trucks that drive around our Glenrosa neighbourhood that they should know about these vehicles. Is it not stated somewhere that it is a bylaw to have vehicles removed from the street during snow? It is the idiots like this that screw up a good plow like in the old days, when we had a company with real snow plows and snow removal equipment......not the farmer John's the district hired in their pickups with plows.

Rant over :D

Saw cops and tow trucks today :)
prairieflower
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by prairieflower »

wow! where was this?
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

On McIver just off of McCallister and headed to McTaggert. I was stopped and then asked about the people parking and how long they have been there. Yesterday was a nightmare as we all had to pull over and stop and go around, buses included. It's hard when you have to stop then have to go up that small hill with kids, dogs, etc. There was 2 police cars.
reidabix

Post by reidabix »

This is the plow in Casa Loma, one of my neighbours clearing Campbell Road.
[url][/url]Image
Last Snowfall it was my neighbour with a snow blower. Awesome stuff DWK!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

well someone has to do it,lol
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Central Okanagan”