Who was a better mayor?

Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Who was a better mayor?

Post by Gilchy »

George+ wrote:Walter still calls an area of Kelowna, "Hootervile"
and tells really bad Will Rogers jokes about women, publicly.
He lives in his growing up years-1950s?

Sharon is much more current and connected to the people.
She does not get testy with those who diagree with her and maintains her dignity.
She should run again, with a slate of candidates.

Disagree, but regardless, we should have new blood. We've only had 2 mayors over how long now?
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Gilchy wrote:Disagree, but regardless, we should have new blood. We've only had 2 mayors over how long now?

So you favor a revolving door policy with regard to Council ?
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

Yes, we should have an entirely new council every election. :127:

Good lord, is it really that extreme- can't have a new mayor ever vs revolving door? How about: I think both of them genuinely want the best for this city, and have had some good ideas, but it may be time for something new.

Between the two of them, I think I prefer Walter, but there are options outside them them.

In summation, Cal for mayor ;).
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

So you favor a revolving door policy with regard to Council ?

I think no we should always keep good members of council ,ones that work hard for kelowna. People generally get better with experience. We do need good leadership that provides an image that is welcoming internationally,who is politically correct .who will flow with political currents rather than push against them. Walter needs a" makeover "he looks and sounds like boss hog. The council does need youth input .not follow along like a puppy teenager type or the Angie Reid extreme left that goes against the grain.every election it should be tweaked for the better .im so glad i found the council audio recordings.everyone should listen.
his worship.jpg

http://www.castanet.net/kelownacouncil/
Peace be with you.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

I wanted to congratulate Jim Stuart on his diamond jubilee medal thanks for your service sir.Thanks for honouring him Walter.I hope you got some sun in Scottsdale.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Eliz ... ilee_Medal
Last edited by kibbs on Feb 9th, 2013, 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peace be with you.
Leader

Post by Leader »

I don't vote because I think all forms of government are corrupt and greedy, but if I were to vote, I would pick Sharon Sheppard. Walter keeps disrupting the bus services. Upper Glenrosa bus finishes @ 5pm on Sundays? REALLY??? He has been invited to ride transit for a week instead of driving but he dodges that invite. Wonder why???
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

to ride transit for a week instead of driving but he dodges that invite. Wonder why???

Maybe his dodge (dont really know what kind of car he drives)is too inviting.The bus system is what is .Its not Van .I find they are constantly making adjustment for a city designed for cars.
Peace be with you.

Return to “Central Okanagan”