Dull development moving forward

cv23
Guru

Re: Dull development moving forward

Post by cv23 »

kibbs wrote:This project is obviously green stamped and it would seem most agree that is just another unneeded boring thing

"This project is obviously green stamped" what does this mean?
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

This project is obviously green stamped" what does this mean?

As far as the development at the corner of 97 & 33 is concerned the City has not quashed the present proposal and will likely not be able to do so

sorry, was using you as a source, green stamp was too much. how about "unresisted"
Last edited by kibbs on Dec 29th, 2012, 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Peace be with you.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Amazing what a few commas could do to make a sentence understandable.

"sorry, was using you as a source, green stamp was too much, how about unresisted"
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Bsuds wrote:Amazing what a few commas could do to make a sentence understandable.

"sorry, was using you as a source, green stamp was too much, how about unresisted"

:dyinglaughing: (and totally off topic)

"Sorry, was using you. As a source, green stamp was too much. How about "unresisted"?"
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

Kelowna is all hyped up and over rated, past its best and the reality is there for all to see. Falling real estate prices, foreclosures, an exodus of youth, no jobs or career prospects for trades or professionals. Hell, you can't even give away a house in Kelowna right now. A city of mean cotton tops and people wondering what they're going to do now they're saddled with a $3k mortgage and $100k in LOC and credit card debit.

Show me any house being given away in Kelowna, I am interested! Real estate prices have fallen all over North America not just Kelowna. I bought in Kelowna in 1981 and in the next few years interest rates had climbed to 20.5% and real estate prices had fallen 30% so I was in a tight spot. I believed in Kelowna and was in it for the long haul. My wife and me had four daughters to raise and we simply worked harder, planted more garden, did my own auto repairs, walked for entertainment, didn't eat out, shopped at the Sally Ann and yard sales. We bought discounted food where we could, my wife baked bread from wheat we ground ourselves.We kept the heat turned down to conserve, baled out my own septic tank, dug my own root cellar, juiced and canned our own apple juice , rode my bike to work and survived it all. Young people today expect good jobs as drop outs and feel that the world owes them a living. They can't stay off their phones. If you think the older generation is "mean" it is because they are tired of giving handouts to lazy louts who think they are too good to pick apples, mow lawns or shovel snow. I didn't have a credit card and stayed within my means. Buy a house that needs a lot of work instead of something newer and you will avoid the high interest LOC. My first house was a fixer and I had 3 mortgages on it none of which were from a bank because it did not have a proper foundation. I feel I have earned everything I have which is mortgage free and I am dept free with money in the bank. I continue to make improvements to my property virtually every day except today because I am sitting on the Mexican border writing this.
Waste not
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

Where did you dump your septic waste?
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

Dug a hole, buried it, not unlike an outhouse. I also hand dug an extension to my septic system field as it was totally inadequate for 6 people.
Waste not
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Amazing what a few commas could do to make a sentence understandable.

Ouch .That hurt.Sorry grammar guru's.You have humbled me once again. :hailjo:
Peace be with you.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

rices had fallen 30% so I was in a tight spot. I believed in Kelowna and was in it for the long haul. My wife and me had four daughters to raise and we simply worked harder, planted more garden, did my own auto repair

I am so impressed with you dude,Many people are not as resourceful,my parents split up under similar circumstances .I wonder, are your kids all living in kelowna with homes and good jobs?this dull development is part reason for the exodus.
Last edited by kibbs on Dec 29th, 2012, 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peace be with you.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

(and totally off topic)

i was not, i was clarifying something i said about the development, all this grammar chat is :offtopic:feel free to pm me
Peace be with you.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

kibbs wrote:sorry, was using you as a source, green stamp was too much. how about "unresisted"

In addition to learning more than a Romper Room command of the English language you should make your self somewhat aware of topics before you make nonsensical posts about then and further learn how to read as I said nothing of the sort of what you seem to think I said.
The development proposal in question is actually being opposed by Council about as much as they realistically can. If a developer, as in this case, puts forward a proposal that meets the city zoning requirements and city bylaws about all Council can do is what they are doing by complaining about the visual esthetics.
I am guessing the term you were intending was "rubber stamped" and if that was the case construction would likely have already begun as it would have already been approved by Council not held up by them as it presently is.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

(and totally off topic)

kibbs wrote:i was not ....

No, kibbs, you weren't. I was and so was Sudsy.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

I am so impressed with you dude,Many people are not as resourceful,my parents split up under similar circumstances .I wonder, are your kids all living in kelowna with homes and good jobs?this dull development is part reason for the exodus.

Thanks for the support. I owe it all to my good wife who worked with me through the worst times and now enjoys the better times. She left her home town in Ontario because of no opportunity (there is still no opportunity 50 years later). She had grade 7 education when she left and through the years bettered herself with education and became an RN and worked at KGH after our youngest was old enough. With the hospital, schools and city hall there are plenty of good jobs to be had. I know several of my daughters school mates have such jobs. They got an education and qualified for the jobs. I know that there are much better paying jobs in Calgary but I personally don't like the climate as much as Kelowna. Only one daughter lives in Kelowna, my wife helped her create her own job and she works as much as she wants to. This is "development" an a micro scale. It is a business that could grow to national proportions. She has sold her product as far away as NFLD.
Waste not
GenuinelyInterested
Board Meister

Post by GenuinelyInterested »

kibbs wrote:this dull development is part reason for the exodus.

How is this development part of the reason? How do you know this development has had any affect upon people leaving Kelowna?

According to the census, we have added 18,000 people since 2006 or to look at it another way, grown by 10%.
http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recen ... m=&TABID=1

Compare 10% growth to a city like Vancouver that had only a 4.4% growth in the same time period. Even with all they have to offer, Kelowna still doubled their growth rate.

21% are between 0-19 years old, compared to over 50% between 20 and 64.

Lots to do in Kelowna for all age groups and supported by our tax $$$
http://www.kelowna.ca/CM/Page172.aspx
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

According to the census, we have added 18,000 people since 2006 or to look at it another way, grown by 10%.

I
n 2006 people were still coming and for some time after. now 6 years later a lot has changed .people type on small hand helds and ignore grammer.! half of this very hard working dudes family has left town for better opportunity and 1 is trying to make a go with this awesome dudes help.MY kids think this place is boring and sucks . Thats all the reason they need to leave. nothing to do with jobs.This one more dull thing that is in Kelowna ,is one less thing that doesn't suck."Its time to say goodbye .I see Granny Freddy and Krusty and all you nice grammer gurus" Thankyou again i think your awesome
Peace be with you.

Return to “Central Okanagan”