Street racer pleads guilty

dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Street racer pleads guilty

Post by dirtybiker »

sulchie wrote:

Why are you defending this clown, he does not deserve it.

I'm in no way defending him, he was, by all accounts, driving like an idjit.
Speeding; definitely. Excesive speed; possibly. Dangerous driving; maybe.
BUT, Dangerous driving causing death...No way, no how!

I am only trying to point out that IMO he is not responsibe for his friends death,
his friend is responsible for his own death and the injuries of his passengers.

They were in seperate vehicles after all, and , as far as I know they never
had a collision causing the BMW to leave the road. He wasn't run off the road,
he left the road all on his own.
How is that Mr. Porches fault?

Mr. BMW was in no way obligated to attempt to keep pace with Boxter buddy, that
was a personal choice, and a bad one at that.

"Oh, I crashed because the guy I was following was speeding!" :spinball:

Does that make any sense to any of you?
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

dirtybiker wrote:"Oh, I crashed because the guy I was following was speeding!" :spinball:

"Oh, I crashed because my friend and I were racing!"

Does that make any sense to you?
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Is that 18 month ban Canada wide...or only in BC?
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
dcipher
Übergod

Post by dcipher »

SpeedyIAm wrote:Ok I had a post here earlier but I deleted.
So for one thing, you do not know what happened only what the news tells you, they were not side by side like the news said so with the technicalitys it was not street racing. Yes they were driving fast, but when you think about it...what person has not done this? You also have to think of it from his side, he lost a friend that day, don't you think thats its hard enough on him and that everyone is making him the bad guy. He did not make his friend speed, it was his own choice. So why dont you leave him alone, find something better with your time rather then bringing people down.

This is a wonderful post. A perfect example of people lacking the intellectual ability to think through their actions, nor the moral reasoning necessary to take responsibility.

I shall make this post simple, for the benefit of these people:

Their "friend" is dead, but still, their concern is with defending their actions, and self-entitled attitude.

It is quite true, the man who died, was an idiot: yes, an IDIOT. We can be thankful that he did not kill other drivers or pedestrians.

The man who was on trial is also an IDIOT. He committed the SAME OFFENSES AGAINST ALL OF US. Yes, ALL OF US...anyone who drives, or walks near a street. Anyone who has loved ones who engage in those actions. One is NOT FREE to drive in any manner they like.

To the idiot who wrote the post above: I am not interested in your friend's moral culpability for the dead man, except as a mechanism by which to serve justice on your friend. It is a PLOY only. Frankly, in terms of the GREATER moral good, I'd just as soon see him charged with the murder of Nicole Brown Simpson, if a greater sentence could be applied.

The fact is, the law is weak and inappropriate here. The MOMENT, your friends chose to drive at that speed (not 10km, not 20km, not even 30km over the limit, but well BEYOND that), the moment they chose to swerve over centerlines, the moment they chose to ignore stop signs, was the moment, that I feel their license should have been taken away FOR LIFE. UNSAFE. We do NOT want you on the road. You lack the responsibility.

On a personal note, my car did not cost nearly as much as your Porsche. On the other hand, my car handles as well, and though you would NEVER know it, my car is now faster than your Porsche. I've race motorized vehicles, and I've had that car on a track. I can drive you into the ground. Nevertheless, were I to drive those speeds, down those roads, though I would easily be capable of it, were a deer...oh there's lot of them out there.....or a child....or a pedestrian.....happen to pop out at the right time, I would be dead; the drivers and pedestrians around me: in great jeopardy.

We are in general, very forgiving. We are sympathetic. We don't like to speak ill of the dead. However, in light of your asinine attempt to rationalize, I will speak the harsh truth:

Justice was served for only one man: the dead man. He killed only himself although he endangered the lives of everyone who drives (yes, ALL of you, you didn't have to be there that day, he was not selective, he didn't choose to do it because you were not there, any one of you might have been there that day, in a car going the other way, or taking a walk down the road(as people frequently do on those roads). What happened was easily foreseeable, and on the positive side: we will never have to worry about this man endangering the lives of other people again.

The other man committed the SAME offense, the same endangerment, but lost his license for a little while. Justice? Not even close.
dcipher
Übergod

Post by dcipher »

dirtybiker wrote:I'm in no way defending him, he was, by all accounts, driving like an idjit.
Speeding; definitely. Excesive speed; possibly. Dangerous driving; maybe.
BUT, Dangerous driving causing death...No way, no how!

I am only trying to point out that IMO he is not responsibe for his friends death,
his friend is responsible for his own death and the injuries of his passengers.

They were in seperate vehicles after all, and , as far as I know they never
had a collision causing the BMW to leave the road. He wasn't run off the road,
he left the road all on his own.
How is that Mr. Porches fault?

Mr. BMW was in no way obligated to attempt to keep pace with Boxter buddy, that
was a personal choice, and a bad one at that.

"Oh, I crashed because the guy I was following was speeding!" :spinball:

You are absolutely correct, in asserting that ultimate moral responsibility must go to the dead man. There is however, the question of whether he is morally responsible for encouraging the man to engage in this action, possibly (and quite likely) through willful psychological pressure, and certainly by example. That is a legitimate arugment and something for which may well bear some moral responsibility.

As a legal ploy, I am disappointed it garnered such an injustice in sentencing. (the legal system is not, unfortunately, strongly representative of moral justice anyways)
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

Found this at the bottom of page B14 Kelowna Capital News Friday Dec 21st.
I`m just pulling out some of the sentences.

Civil Forfeiture Act.

On April 10 2009 at or near Boucherie Road and Green Bay Road. Peace officers of the RCMP South East traffic,
seized at the time indicated the subject property described as: a 2008 Porsche Boxter Alberta licence "Spendee"
on or about 1300 hours.

The subject property was seized because there was evidence that the subject property had been used in the commision of an offence (or offences) under criminal code of Canada
Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle
Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle Causing bodily harm
Dangerour operation of a motor vehicle causing death.

The cars owner has 60 days to file a dispute on the forfeiture

Return to “Central Okanagan”