Man tasered after fighting with RCMP officers

cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Man tasered after fighting with RCMP officers

Post by cutter7 »

jaybyrd, It's not about convincing me of anything I would like all the stories so I can figure out the truth before I comment.

Feel free to blindly follow police statements as you please, personally I would like all the details.
nextimeround
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by nextimeround »

cutter7 wrote:It would be interesting to hear the suspects version of the incident , I don't buy the police version.

I'm not saying this guy isn't criminal and didn't deserve to be tasered , I just know from experience police reports often resemble a fairy tale more than the truth.

You're so full of crap. I don't believe you and expect only the very blind or ignorant do. My experience on these forums shows me that your posts resemble fairy tales and your view of truth is obviously skewed. Spare me your bulls@$t please.
nextimeround
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by nextimeround »

Graham Adder wrote:Yes. To confim:
You did hear that the cops made the bad guy stand in a puddle before they tasered him.
At least, that's what I read.

Where did you read this? I'd like to see this for myself. Doesn't even sound plausible. The guy was trying to flee. He was fighting with the police, it's hard to visualize how they would have had him stand in a puddle then taser him when they had to use the taser to subdue him.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Aha....the clot thickens....
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
nextimeround
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by nextimeround »

Cutter7:

I didn't read that they were not chasing him. I assume they were coordinating via radio. The suspect had no regard for anyone or anything, that's made clear by his actions. I wouldn't believe anything he had to say and do believe that the vast majority of police are truthful and do their best to document the facts of any particular situation. That's one of the key parts of their job so, yes I trust them for the most part. Unless you are a complete conspiracy theory person there's not much in the way of motivation for them to make any of this up.

Most importantly, I don't need your help with anything thank you. I like where my head is - it keeps my ears warm.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

cutter7 wrote:Cant do it. I don't hold authority as the the truth .. you find honesty as cop bashing?

No...the police here were in a struggle, the taser was deployed so the officers were not harmed when it was apparent that harm was eminent. This individual made a choice to fight and he was treated accordingly. All cops want to home at night without being injured or worse. No where does it say that the men and women that suit up each and every day need to go home injured. This individual made the choice to fight and the officers made a choice to subdue him with one of the tools they are equipped with. The end result was this individual made the wrong choice.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

"Trunk-Monkey"
No...the police here were in a struggle, the taser was deployed so the officers were not harmed when it was apparent that harm was eminent. This individual made a choice to fight and he was treated accordingly. All cops want to home at night without being injured or worse. No where does it say that the men and women that suit up each and every day need to go home injured. This individual made the choice to fight and the officers made a choice to subdue him with one of the tools they are equipped with. The end result was this individual made the wrong choice.

The truth of the mater is with the evolution of Police equipment such as, pepper spray, asp, and taser. The occurrences were arrests which required a higher level of force are required other then verbal or soft handed techniques, the numbers of complaints of excessive force and the number of actual physical injuries has dropped. This is all due to the availability of such tools and it impacts both Officer and the accused who is not then injured.

I can not give you the numbers but will say the best tool I was ever given which was an advancement from the days of the old 38 cal Smith & Wesson was pepper spray!!
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

cutter7 wrote:It would be interesting to hear the suspects version of the incident , I don't buy the police version.

Why? What lines did you read between that made you think this? Or as principle do you always question what the police do?
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

I agree with it. Taze him and get him down if needed, sounds like he was a risk to keep going.

As far as the bit about standing him in a puddle,,, I think it was a joke but I dont think it would make a difference??? Could be wrong. The tazer has two prongs and they are meant to shoot a shock from one into the skin and to the other prong if I remember right. Its more a nerve reaction that it is sending to the brain through nerve paths then a shock to the whole body, can anyone correct me if I am wrong?
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

making up a story that the cops made the low life stand in the puddle before they tazerd him,just gives a chance for all the cop haters to keep on hateing,they love to make sh---t up
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

I would not worry about the opinion of someone that was so stupid that they could not see that was a joke.
Black Dogs Matter
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Trunk-Monkey wrote:Not fishing for anything...just wanted to know what the gen pub feels about it.

I think you might have it all wrong here, the public is generally "for" seeing a criminal go down, get arrested, and charged, we just didnt like the kick where it seems a guy "was" down.
This guy seemed to pose a risk to keep on truckin as was explained in the story written. A tazer is equipment used for the officers safety. Imagine, he/she didnt have to go up to the guy, didnt have to take a running motion towards to make contact and didnt even have to risk breaking a leg or being pulled down should a suspect see the foot coming and grab it. This cop probably yelled he was gonna taze if suspect moved, suspect moved and Zing,,, perfect if thats what happened.
Big difference here from our other interesting case. I can already see that without the need of a video assuming the story is correctly written. So if it is correctly written then we can assume the reporter wasnt after twisting hate to the RCMP which is also a bonus here.
Now here is a question for you? Tazers are IMO a great tool, what about rubber bullets? Are they any good? Not that you guys should be without real ones but what impact would there be as far as help if you also were to carry a weapon with rubber bullets? I know you guys already have lots on yer tool belt so maybe thats just not possible. I believe they use em in riot control, either here or maybe other countries.

In one type of case where a suicidal type tries to force the cops to kill him,,,, being pelted with rubber bullets might be a way of allowing you to be a reason the guy in this case lives but he would likely think he was shot if enough of them hit him and brought him down,,, same with someone fighting,,, I think if one hit me right in the chest I would quit long enough to be jumped on.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
process99
Board Meister

Post by process99 »

crookedmember wrote:Someone--perhaps me--should come up with conductive clothing that would short the barbs and prevent shocks. I'm basing my designs on the tin foil hats the smart meter folks wear.

Put away the tin hat for this one. Tazer resistant clothing already exists and is being sold as just such. The garments are fitted with metal conductive fibers within the fabric. When the probes strike the clothing they conduct the energy through the garment instead of the individual. They work extremely well and don't wear any different than any other normal pants/shirt.
The result of this is most if not all of the HV portion of the charge is not allowed to use the skin as its conductor so it uses the shirt or whatever garment you have selected. Only mild heating of the area between the probes was felt during testing.
It would be very easy to adapt a standard weight bearing or bullet resistant vest to be Tazer proof. If you understand how the Tazer or any conductive energy weapon actaully works on its victims then you also know just how easily you can defeat one for cheap DIY. DONT use polyester fabrics for your garment folks, just don't do it..

Its like putting your body in a Faraday cage.
It should also work for the EMF sensitive people as well, but only if they wear the tinfoil head gear too.. ;)

P99
Charles Whitman II
Board Meister

Post by Charles Whitman II »

I'm prepared for the flames...

Tazers are an instrument of torture.

These, and all the other "non-lethal" weapons were introduced as an alternative to pulling their guns. They should only be deployed if the officer would have put a slug into the perp if he didn't have another choice. They use these things like toys for compliance.. as well as the mace.... how many strapping RCMP officers does it require to take down one guy?
Yours Truly,
The son of a 27 year member.
I have no problem with the "Force" just they way it applied in this day and age.
"If you're going to be crazy, find a way to get paid for it, or they're gonna lock you up." - HST
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

how many strapping RCMP officers does it require to take down one guy?

Depends on how much of what kind of dope they're on....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .

Return to “Central Okanagan”