Man tasered after fighting with RCMP officers

Roadster
Time waster at work

Re: Man tasered after fighting with RCMP officers

Post by Roadster »

I have to agree with you next timearound,,, mace and tazers are a standard and for safety.

And no, as mentioned by someone else earlier, criminals are not like they used to be IMO, drugs are quite different from what they may have been many years ago, and more varieties of them and criminals IMO are more then what they used to be, more of them as population grows. Also I think guns are easier to get then many years ago, we see more gang action even in our little city and I wouldnt want to be a cop today, it just seems like its a lot more dangerous today then it was years ago compared. Yes a knife is still a knife but I think they come out a lot more then they used to even with teens now. Used to be a day when most of us respected and obided by the law. Its not like that anymore.
Stress being, I think, a major cause of most crime adding more prescribed drug use, you see even younger people killing someone and actually getting away with it because they spent many years on some drugs dealing with their phychological issues. Look at all them drugs,,, "If you have suicidal thoughts seek medical advice" yikes! And many of those are available on the street like they werent many years ago, doctors are pushing them for bonuses they can recieve. Bath salts, now there is something scary,,, look at the size of smuggling seizures, in the millions of dollars and yet when one is crushed there are just that many more happening and we want pot legalized? arent we buzzed enough?

What makes me mad is prit near everyone is on some drug, medical or recreational and yet there are so many natural products that can help, even for most pain but people go with their doc's advice because he is the smart one. He/she is changing our values I think because it is all about drugs. Our kids are on them drugs because they got mad at school a few times and the teachers dont like that and those kids are supposed to be our great leaders some day. Its not at all like it used to be. I wouldnt want to be a cop dealing with all of this stuff today. A tazer is a good tool IMO and so is mace.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
Charles Whitman II
Board Meister

Post by Charles Whitman II »

It''s been a fun debate folks, but when your teenage daughter or son gets the prongs while not "dispursing quick enough" from a house party, you can tell them they got what they deserved.

It's a tool, but one that was designed be non lethal alt. to a pistol. And it isn't being used that way.
"If you're going to be crazy, find a way to get paid for it, or they're gonna lock you up." - HST
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Charles Whitman II wrote:It''s been a fun debate folks, but when your teenage daughter or son gets the prongs while not "dispursing quick enough" from a house party, you can tell them they got what they deserved.

It's a tool, but one that was designed be non lethal alt. to a pistol. And it isn't being used that way.

They gotta watch that they arent using them that way and lets not forget, cameras and not so far a few anymore, they will be seen doing that and it will be curbed if its not being curbed already, the public will make sure of that when they are spotted doing something wrong with them tools as we are seeing happening more and more with a camera in nearly everyones pocket. Cameras are our best friend for almost everything, accidents, crimes, even just for fun.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

Charles Whitman II wrote:It''s been a fun debate folks, but when your teenage daughter or son gets the prongs while not "dispursing quick enough" from a house party, you can tell them they got what they deserved.

This is not what this tool is designed for nor used for. You should really consider the men and women behind the tool...and in the examples you are providing...you are not.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

Roadster wrote:They gotta watch that they arent using them that way and lets not forget, cameras and not so far a few anymore, they will be seen doing that and it will be curbed if its not being curbed already, the public will make sure of that when they are spotted doing something wrong with them tools as we are seeing happening more and more with a camera in nearly everyones pocket. Cameras are our best friend for almost everything, accidents, crimes, even just for fun.

Couldnt agree more. I would like to add that as much as cameras have made society in general more accountable, remember camera phots are just one split second in time. The do not and cannot address a persons actions prior to the picture being taken. Videos are good as well but again they can only capture what the lense sees. This too can present some misconceptions regarding what is really taking place at the time. Food for thought.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Trunk-Monkey wrote:This is not what this tool is designed for nor used for. You should really consider the men and women behind the tool...and in the examples you are providing...you are not.

You are partly right but they have been used wrongly in the past, its why there was question of their need a while back,,, lets not deny that, I watched a video of a woman somewhere being tazed again and again in the back of a cruiser, cant remember where, and the Vancouver incident,,, likely more we dont know about but ya, they would be great for whats intended, not a toy.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

Roadster wrote:You are partly right but they have been used wrongly in the past, its why there was question of their need a while back,,, lets not deny that, I watched a video of a woman somewhere being tazed again and again in the back of a cruiser, cant remember where, and the Vancouver incident,,, likely more we dont know about but ya, they would be great for whats intended, not a toy.

Yes they have been used incorrectly in the past, no one is forgetting that. That said any tool on a duty belt could be used incorrectly and or at the incorrect time resulting in personal injury or worse. There is not a tool on a cops duty belt that is not lethal and the ECW is no different. The are rules as to how each tool should be used and when...again the ECW is no different. It is not a torcher device as someone said it was...

Return to “Central Okanagan”