Teen Set Of Fire At House Party

keeny
Fledgling

Re: Teen Set Of Fire At House Party

Post by keeny »

36Drew wrote:
I notice Castanet has updated the story with photos from FB. I wonder where they got permission from to republish those photographs?

You don't need permission.. If you're too stupid to make your profile private from complete strangers, you are granting permission for your images to be used and spread at the will and discretion of whomever chooses to do so.
motorhomebabe
Lord of the Board

Post by motorhomebabe »

If l ocation has anything to do with it ,RCMP should be putting two and two togeather in regards to neighbour hood arsons.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

Pyro and his colleague can actually walk upright and communicate without barking?
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Cumungala wrote:They just showed it on the news. It looks like the guy lives at that Vecchio's Villa complex on the highway near Leathead. You know, the place with those derelict pink duplexes that was probably once a motel.

Room 7. What is amazing to me is would there be others there?? Maybe someone might have enough common sense to say WOW; these are not right and wake the guy up or stop the assault?

I just don't understand where this stupidly comes from....
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

keeny wrote:You don't need permission.. If you're too stupid to make your profile private from complete strangers, you are granting permission for your images to be used and spread at the will and discretion of whomever chooses to do so.

Just because a photographer has freely published their photos online doesn't mean they've given license for those photos to be taken and published elsewhere. I'm not defending the actions of this kid - I'm just curious about copyright infringement carried out by an entity that should know better.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

36Drew wrote:
Just because a photographer has freely published their photos online doesn't mean they've given license for those photos to be taken and published elsewhere. I'm not defending the actions of this kid - I'm just curious about copyright infringement carried out by an entity that should know better.

When you post pictures on facebook, under fb's current terms, you grant facebook and others the right to use your content for free.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

Ken7 wrote:

Room 7. What is amazing to me is would there be others there?? Maybe someone might have enough common sense to say WOW; these are not right and wake the guy up or stop the assault?

I just don't understand where this stupidly comes from....

It's astonishing that something like this could happen in such a classy place. Probably the others weren't in much better shape than the burnee.

Where does the stupidity come from? My guess is the parents aren't much better than the kids.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

crookedmember wrote:When you post pictures on facebook, under fb's current terms, you grant facebook and others the right to use your content for free.

Not quite - you give FB permission to use the photo in as much that they're able to display it and use it within their service.

C-Net republished a photo of mine earlier this year without permission (and it wasn't taken from Facebook) - hence my questioning of them using these photos.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
PDT
Fledgling

Post by PDT »

According to Facebook's terms:
4. When you publish content or information using the Public setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of Facebook, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
AllthatFunk
Board Meister

Post by AllthatFunk »

JayByrd wrote:The FB photos of people on fire appear to be photoshop jobs. Either way, these "stoned pyro bros" are getting a reality check. Unfortunately, it seems that idiotic behaviour and brushes with the law are celebrated among this crowd.

No its not a photoshop job, as you put it. This is something very common amongst teen boys. The palms of fire trick was something guys were doing when I was in high school. I've watched from my kitchen window as young boys pull the same stunt lighting their shirts and hats on fire. Boys and some men seem to think this type of behavior is funny, even macho. It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye right? Well, in this case a couple layers of skin. I honestly have no idea why guys find it so amusing to physically punish themselves and their friends in such dangerous ways.
I'd rather live with regrets than regret not living.
metallica
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by metallica »

AllthatFunk wrote: I honestly have no idea why guys find it so amusing to physically punish themselves and their friends in such dangerous ways.
Probably watched those JackAss movies too many times.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

crookedmember wrote:His fb also lists his employer. Now I know who not to call to fix a hole where the rain gets in
and stops my mind from wandering . . .

YA THINK
i will make sure to let everyone i know not to call this company, how nice would it be to have this punk work on your home .
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

kibbs wrote:must be new extreme snooze ya lose.this town needs something for our youth to do.good on ya good mom ,fallow your daughta home

Huh?
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Huh?

in my younger day we use to play a game called snooze ya lose if someone drank too much they were pranked
this town seriously lacks affordable well supervised places for youth to go with out religious affiliation(not that god is bad just not everyone is that into him)
my comment "falla your daughta home "was from a song and i was giving praise to the lady who was watching her daughter closely saying she 'hated her for it'.you cant win she would hate you more if you didn't care . i call it the molting stage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkUfCRiB-wg
Last edited by kibbs on Dec 14th, 2012, 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peace be with you.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

What has happened to our youth's sense of humor?

Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.

Return to “Central Okanagan”