Teen Set Of Fire At House Party

RacerChic
Generalissimo Postalot

Teen Set Of Fire At House Party

Post by RacerChic »

I dont know how to post the link to the Castanet Story that I read today but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I recently went to a reunion in Calgary, and my former classmates asked why I decided to leave Calgary,,,,,,my answer was
"The day I decided to move, was the day that a child was set on fire for his lunch money and I decided I would NOT raise my children in the big City"
I can NOT understand the mentality of some kids these days,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?!!! gawd, this story disturbs me on SO MANY LEVELS!
Parents must be so proud of the little arses,,,,,,,,,,,,,just sayin
I swear some people slipped into the gene pool that had no lifEguard.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Re: Teen Set Of Fire At House Party

Post by ferri »

http://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/84 ... ouse-party there you go. i just read this. i'm really at a loss for words.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

So the pair has been charged with Aggravated Assault. Hmmm. Why not attempted murder?
Considering that the victim was unconscious, I would think his ability to defend himself would have been severly compromised.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
AllthatFunk
Board Meister

Post by AllthatFunk »

Not sure if we are allowed to use names of the accused but the one with initials MSG is obviously an idiot. He didn't bother to make his FB private. He's got an album of pics titled "stoned pyro bro's" that include 28 pictures of him and friends with different parts of their clothes on fire. Clearly they have a bit of risk taking idiots in them.

I'm pretty sure the police already got ahold of those pictures. I say idiots like these two should be locked up for good.

I hope that the victim recovers and chooses who he associates with more wisely from now on....and no I'm not blaming the victim at all. Just saying that nice guys can end up in the wrong place when they get drunk.
I'd rather live with regrets than regret not living.
juz516
Board Meister

Post by juz516 »

I have said it many many times....a lot of kids these days are waaaayyyy out of control...no sense of responsibility, no respect for each other or anyone else. Scarey!
steelrules
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by steelrules »

This should be attempted murder, how sick has this society become that someone would think this is funny or a prank?
What kind of parenting, what lack of morals in todays youth.
It's time for biblical justice "An eye for an eye"
"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves"
Edward R Murrow
Now a proud member of the NRA & Canadian Sport Shooting Association.
Sic Semper Tyrannis
AllthatFunk
Board Meister

Post by AllthatFunk »

steelrules wrote:This should be attempted murder, how sick has this society become that someone would think this is funny or a prank?
What kind of parenting, what lack of morals in todays youth.
It's time for biblical justice "An eye for an eye"

Parenting would be questionable for the kid I mentioned in my last post. There is a pictiure of his step dad getting stoned with him in the "stoned pyro bros" album I saw on his FB. Clearly a great way to set an example.
I'd rather live with regrets than regret not living.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I'm speechless
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

AllthatFunk wrote:Parenting would be questionable for the kid I mentioned in my last post. There is a pictiure of his step dad getting stoned with him in the "stoned pyro bros" album I saw on his FB. Clearly a great way to set an example.

Backward hats - check
Skull tattoos - check
MJ smoking and drug paraphernalia - check
Sweatpants wearing dad's "girlfriend" - check
Flipping the bird while striking a tough hood pose - check

Stereotype overload.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

The names of the accused were in the press release so I am pretty sure we can post them here.

Teen set on fire at house party

by Jennifer Zielinski - Story: 84512
Dec 13, 2012 / 9:11 am

Two men are in police custody following an incident at a house party where another man was set on fire.

RCMP were advised, on Dec 8, that an 18-year-old man received second and third degree burns to most of his back after being intentionally set on fire Friday night.

According to Cst. Kris Clark, the man apparently had fallen asleep on the kitchen floor during the early morning hours.

"One man allegedly poured a liquid on the victim's back and lit him on fire while the other filmed the incident."

During the course of the investigation into the incident, police believe this may not be the first time one of the accused had lit someone on fire who had been incapacitated by drugs or alcohol.

Mathew Sweet-Grant, 20 and Joshua McWhirter, 18, both of Kelowna have been charged with aggravated assault. They remain in custody and are scheduled to appear in court Thursday morning.

Police are asking anyone with information regarding this incident or previous incidents to contact the Kelowna RCMP General Investigations Section at 250-762-3300.

I had a look at MSG's FB page ... pretty freakin' stupid.

Wonder why its just Aggravated Assault they are charged with and not Attempted Murder. Would it makes a diff if the one who was burned is also the one who is in the FB pics voluntarily on fire?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

My teen hates me. I don’t allow her to attend any gatherings where proper parents or guardians are not present, I creep Facebook pages, and I speak with parents before any visits. One time she was invited to a ‘sleepover’ at a house where I knew the parents were on vacation. I told her I’d let her go after I call the parents to verify this ‘sleepover’ was okay with them; she decided to decline the invitation. At present, I am deeply resented for this policy, but I hold out hope that one day she’ll thank me.

Parents: Get other parents’ cell phone/emergency numbers; we all have to stick together here.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

grammafreddy wrote:Wonder why its just Aggravated Assault they are charged with and not Attempted Murder.

Burden of proof. A prosecutor needs to prove intent. Far simpler to garner a conviction on an assault charge.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

One of his FB pics has this title:
"i drew this in juvy almost 2 years ago"
Looks like he didn't learn to much while there and that this isn't his first encounter with the law
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Captain Awesome"]
AllthatFunk wrote:Parenting would be questionable for the kid I mentioned in my last post. There is a pictiure of his step dad getting stoned with him in the "stoned pyro bros" album I saw on his FB. Clearly a great way to set an example.

Backward hats - check
Skull tattoos - check
MJ smoking and drug paraphernalia - check
Sweatpants wearing dad's "girlfriend" - check
Flipping the bird while striking a tough hood pose - check

Stereotype overload.[/quote]

father has mostly done time in jail -check
son will be going to jail -check
what a waste of human skin-check
Last edited by the truth on Dec 13th, 2012, 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
janalta
Übergod

Post by janalta »

grammafreddy wrote:Wonder why its just Aggravated Assault they are charged with and not Attempted Murder.

By the looks of the photos, I would guess there was absolutely no intent to do any real harm to their 'victim'.
They obviously regularly get high and light fires on each other and themselves...and escaping any serious injury, probably just did it to take more stoned fire pics.
I mean, the kid's nickname is Pyro. :137:
Wise enough to know better.
Old enough to care less.

Return to “Central Okanagan”