WFN rights

zzontar
Guru

Re: WFN rights

Post by zzontar »

Captain Awesome wrote:Yes, in a sense that you don't care what happened between this country and native population years ago - it wasn't you involved here, it wasn't your parents, so in that sense it's not your problem, but neither is the solution worked out between natives and this country.

I was born in this country and both the problem and the solution affect me directly, so I care.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

zzontar wrote:I was born in this country and both the problem and the solution affect me directly, so I care.

You can care all you want. The events in questions took place, the solution has been worked out, you were born into this reality, so you opinion (and so is mine - since I came to this country not too while ago) is meaningless.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

hey z have u ever worked or lived up north or on the prairies ?
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

theyeti wrote:hey z have u ever worked or lived up north or on the prairies ?

I have.
I have never seen a more 3rd world country within a country like I did on northern reserves.
Nor have I seen a more whiny people with a sense of entitlement from Ottawa, who feels they shouldnt lift a finger to keep themselves from freezing or starving. Its all Ottawa's job.I have never met lazier people anywhere. And, yes, I spent years there.
Billions are shovelled at these people and for the most part, they wont even try to insulate their homes, but they will freeze before they try.
They complain about how little they have. What the hell did we have when we showed up here? Less than they did.
Go anywhere you want in the world, land is owned. Its expensive. Go back hundreds of years, and yes, in sparsley populated areas, it was a free for all. Its not like that any longer.
They no longer have to die from scurvy or smallpox, or eat their dogs in winter, or spend every waking hour looking for food.
Now they can lay in front of a tv, eating candy, smoking cigs, getting diabetes, and relying on us to care for them.
They have houses, food, medicine, television, computers, personal mobility, education, warmth, etc, etc.
Yet they still blame the white man.
I suggest this:
Quit blaming anyone.
If you dont like what the white man's created and provided, get off your *bleep* and go back to the good ol days. I recommend Ottawa give them a choice- your way or our way. Go live in a teepee, eat your dog, grovel for food and warmth.
When you get sick, dont come crying to me.
Stay off the roads we built. Hell, get rid of your car, we built that too. Make your own clothes out of twigs and birchbark. Go hunting with a spear. Tear down the countless thousands of homes that we, the people you blame, built for you.
Make your own medicine. When your eyesight fails, go blind. You cant use our technology. Go back to spending a week to travel 20 miles in the winter, and risk dying to do so.
See where Im going here?
Its either that, our assimilate yourselves into modern world society, start contributing, start paying taxes, get off the taxpayers teat, and quit complaining about how bad a great life is.

I am so done with these people blockading railways, roads, halting progress, and living off my dime.
I see a very small percentage of them actually trying to contribute, all they do is complain.
IMO, they can all move to quebec, they can become their own country, create their own currency, and govern themselves.
I'd like to see them pay off their fair share of the govt debt before they go.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Disneyland

Post by Disneyland »

Babbitman wrote:I am so done with these people blockading railways, roads, halting progress, and living off my dime.
I see a very small percentage of them actually trying to contribute, all they do is complain.
IMO, they can all move to quebec, they can become their own country, create their own currency, and govern themselves.
I'd like to see them pay off their fair share of the govt debt before they go.

Merry Christmas from a blockading, diabetic, sitting front of my TV, governing myself WFN Member. I guess I am going to have to become fluent in French.
sulchie
Fledgling

Post by sulchie »

Captain Awesome wrote:You can care all you want. The events in questions took place, the solution has been worked out, you were born into this reality, so you opinion (and so is mine - since I came to this country not too while ago) is meaningless.

It's amazing the amount of people on here who don't want to listen others, but want everyone to hear them...

If you admit your opinion is meaningless, why give it all!
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

amazing how i get attacked for sticking up for the wfn . ive never had a thing to do with wfn. i just think they r probably the best run native band i know of . for that reason i respect them . i feel they r doing a good job at getting ppl in school and keeping them outta gangs .

a little bit of respect on both sides will go a long way.

hurling insults at ppl u dont know is often not a good strategy .

merry christmas .
sulchie
Fledgling

Post by sulchie »

Babbitman wrote:If you dont like what the white man's created and provided, get off your *bleep* and go back to the good ol days. I

Ah, to have a flux-capacitor equiped DeLorean...
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

now were talking babbitman, :rate10: well said,no truer words have ever been spoken.
and on a side note,chiefs from way too many bands have ripped off there own people more that ottawa ever has,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

sulchie wrote:

Ah, to have a flux-capacitor equiped DeLorean...

The white man built that one too.
Try selling it to a status native, and financing it like the rest of the world does.
When that person takes it to a reserve and decides to not pay for it, you have zero recourse. For as long as its on a reserve, its exempt from seizure by the true owner (the financier).
That screams racism to me.

Its long past time to level the playing field.
Equal rights for all.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Merry Christmas from a blockading, diabetic, sitting front of my TV, governing myself WFN Member. I guess I am going to have to become fluent in French.

Fab retort! Babs, I'm honestly shocked at what you posted, so bloody happy I haven't ever considered you to be a friend - cause then I'd have to be ashamed of who I associate with.

Peace to all
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I knew my post would be contraversial.
Try being a non status canadian whos spent a lifetime with them, and you would have a perspective.
Ive lived right beside them for many years. Some of my best friends are status.
I will tell you, almost every one of the status people Ive known laugh at how good they got it, and take the taxpayer for every dime they can get.
You may think its fair, but I sure dont.
Norma, Im sorry my take on political situation is all it takes for you to discount me as your friend.
If thats the case, your friendship isnt worth it either.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I also think its too bad that the average canadian hasnt the guts to stand up for what he believes in.
Natives scream the ''R'' word at every turn, but the first time whitey says ''R"...
Consider this- if every canadian citizen had equal rights, do you think anyone would still be playing the "R" card?
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

oh *bleep*. I worked for Native Outreach in Edmonton for 6 years +
You are just one of those bitter old men who figure life ripped them off, thats what your rant reads like
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

Babbitman wrote:"I have never seen a more 3rd world country within a country like I did on northern reserves".

"Ive lived right beside them for many years. Some of my best friends are status.
I will tell you, almost every one of the status people Ive known laugh at how good they got it, and take the taxpayer for every dime they can get".

So which is it, 3rd world or "good" Bb?

Your posts are so generalized and laced with bitterness it's hard to find any hint of truth in them. Of course there are ignorant Aboriginal people, just as there are ignorant "whiteys".

Painting all Aboriginal people with the stroke of one brush is racist!!

rac·ism [rey-siz-uh m]
noun
a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/racism
Last edited by coffeeFreak on Dec 25th, 2012, 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Central Okanagan”