WFN rights

Disneyland

Re: WFN rights

Post by Disneyland »

Well I see where your resentment stems from. But what has WFN done to you personally for you to continuously attack us. Clarence Louie is not the Chief of WFN and his comments while enlightening for some non-native do not have any relevance to WFN. Most WFN Members are hard working people that contribute not only to the WFN Community but to Canada as a whole, not all WFN Members live or are employed on reserve, therefore pay taxes like every other Canadian. WFN does not have the luxury of oil resources that the communities you quoted have, we just have a small portion of Reserve Lands to use to our benefit. WFN develops its lands to benefit its Members by trying to improve Housing, education, Health etc.. We are not far away from being totally self sufficient, which is our goal.

Also, Indians are an industry in Canada. You keep quoting Billions of Tax dollars, ask how much of those dollars actually get to the Indians before bureaucrats get their cut in Ottawa, Gatineau and the Regional Offices (Vancouver). Legal challenges to the Courts and Treaty Negotiations benefit lawyers and negotiators, is it in their best interest to have long outstanding issues resolved. No, they wouldn't have a source of income

Now I ask this should WFN sit on its laurels and wait for Federal Government dollars. Would this make you and others of your opinion happier. We make improvements on Reserve that benefit all residents both on and off reserve, jobs in construction commercial and the service industry. WFN does not sit with our hands out but invest in ourselves and our community, is that so wrong!

I had a non-native that lived off reserve and I didn't paint every non-native in the same light. Maybe you should reconsider who you consider friends.

It seems that no matter what we do nobody is happy! Be sterotypical or different. I prefer the latter.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

=D> to Disneyland

zzontar wrote:If you feel there's a part of my previous post that is incorrect, feel free to point it out and we'll discuss it.

Zontar, there are several things wrong regarding your previous post, but honestly, you're not worthy of that much of my time.
If you could be more diplomatic and less ignorant and hateful, I'd be up for schooling you, but you're not either. I'm tempted to offer you a seat in the back corner with a cone shaped hat, but I guess that's no longer acceptable

I'll rest easy tonight knowing that tomorrow, I'll wake up to a beautiful day ahead of me with nothing but great things to experience thanks to this awesome life I have.
Sorry ya missed out Z.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Tell me this Graham, are Chief Louie's comments full of hate? This forum is for discussion, yet when I bring up points or questions for discussion the reply always seems to be to detract from the questions and say I'm a racist. As I said, if you want to pick my post apart and point out which parts you think are racist or incorrect, feel free and we'll discuss it. That's what the forum is for, not just jumping in and calling me down and saying you won't discuss it. I don't like what whites did in Africa, but I don't hate whites. I don't like a lot of decisions Harper's government made, but I don't hate all the politicians and everyone that voted for him, I don't like the way some RCMP have acted, but I don't hate cops, I don't like that there are homeless and junkies, but I don't hate them... hopefully you get the idea. There have been many times where it's stated the white man took their land, or my ancestors took their land, yet you never piped up about racism or being stereotypical. Remember, being anti-racist doesn't mean just piping up when it's your race you feel is being put down.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Disneyland wrote:Well I see where your resentment stems from. But what has WFN done to you personally for you to continuously attack us. Clarence Louie is not the Chief of WFN and his comments while enlightening for some non-native do not have any relevance to WFN. Most WFN Members are hard working people that contribute not only to the WFN Community but to Canada as a whole, not all WFN Members live or are employed on reserve, therefore pay taxes like every other Canadian. WFN does not have the luxury of oil resources that the communities you quoted have, we just have a small portion of Reserve Lands to use to our benefit. WFN develops its lands to benefit its Members by trying to improve Housing, education, Health etc.. We are not far away from being totally self sufficient, which is our goal.

I guess I could never wrap my head around the idea of being entitled to land because you're native to that country as I can't think of one other country in the world that does that. Personally, I think WFN is fairly progressive, but to start doing anything that segregates I consider more regressive than progressive.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

ok you r done sir u have said enuff not a single person seems to agree with u . please save yourself the trouble . most ppl would not say drunk what u say on here daily . and to try and say we as white ppl never had anything to do with the natives problems ... i dont know about that .. i can trace my grandmothers family back to late 1600s quebec .

why do u care what mr louie has to say ??

u and i both say lots of ridiculous things . no one holds our feet to the fire for it ..

it is christmas time .. why not open up your heart a bit and try accepting the wfn .
as a guy who has lived close to some other reserves . wfn is a proud band and they do a good job of managing limited resources . i mean until mechanical irrigation it was mostly a rocky hillside . good luck farming that , but the treaties were supposed to make the natives into farmers.u would think if we intended a ppl to be farmers we might give them some farm land . however every reserve i know of is either a rock pile or a swamp . not one bit of farmland
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

theyeti wrote:ok you r done sir u have said enuff not a single person seems to agree with u . please save yourself the trouble . most ppl would not say drunk what u say on here daily . and to try and say we as white ppl never had anything to do with the natives problems ... i dont know about that .. i can trace my grandmothers family back to late 1600s quebec .

why do u care what mr louie has to say ??

u and i both say lots of ridiculous things . no one holds our feet to the fire for it ..

it is christmas time .. why not open up your heart a bit and try accepting the wfn .
as a guy who has lived close to some other reserves . wfn is a proud band and they do a good job of managing limited resources . i mean until mechanical irrigation it was mostly a rocky hillside . good luck farming that , but the treaties were supposed to make the natives into farmers.u would think if we intended a ppl to be farmers we might give them some farm land . however every reserve i know of is either a rock pile or a swamp . not one bit of farmland

Please quote the things I've said that you think are ridiculous and we'll discuss them... speaking of which, pretty well every orchard, farm, and vineyard here used to be dry rocky land, too. To insinuate that WFN wouldn't know how to put in irrigation if they wanted is pretty demeaning.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

theyeti wrote:and to try and say we as white ppl never had anything to do with the natives problems ... i dont know about that .. i can trace my grandmothers family back to late 1600s quebec .

Please quote where I said white people had nothing to do with native problems. What I said was the majority of white people had nothing to do with it. Perhaps as it's the natives descendants who are being compensated for past abuse, it should be the descendants of those who did the abusing who should do the paying. You game?
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

i think thats how its working now
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

theyeti wrote:i think thats how its working now

Wrong.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

well i dont really care it bothers me little . have a merry christmas and a happy new yr
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

theyeti wrote:i think thats how its working now

:dyinglaughing: So the recent immigrant to Canada from Japan, who a portion of the Canadian taxes he is now paying goes to Native Affairs, did some wrong to the present day natives????
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

theyeti wrote:well i dont really care it bothers me little .

So what you are saying is that you have no serious input, care or concern with regards to this topic and are only here to do your usual trolling.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

so u experts honestly think if the government did not spend one cent on natives it would make a difference to your taxes ?? they would spend that money somewhere else or find some other reason to take it from u . if u put your money before your heart u r a greedy man thats it. u r thinking only about your wallet .

why dont the two of u go to hobema or onion lake or frog lake or la ronge and tell the ppl there how u feel . im sure u will have many ppl hanging on your every word .
waterwings
Übergod

Post by waterwings »

[quote="theyeti"]so u experts honestly think if the government did not spend one cent on natives it would make a difference to your taxes ?? they would spend that money somewhere else or find some other reason to take it from u . if u put your money before your heart u r a greedy man thats it. u r thinking only about your wallet .

Tax payers are not greedy men, however, there are many of us who cannot feed our families because our taxes provincially, municipal and federal take so much we are unable to provide for our families. There are no handouts except for a food bank that I know of cause our government expect us to live independently of each other and if you call that greedy than there is something wrong. If we didn't pay so much to federal for native affairs there WOULD NOT be a reduction in taxes, however, maybe we could get a tax break om food and heat for our children.

I feel terrible that our pioneers did not have the EDUCATION that would have enabled them to see into the future. I expect they thought like I do......time, energy, money, opportunity, education etc. etc. etc. after giving the people their own land (which is exactly what they wanted and no other option was acceptable things would change. The energy time and money that has gone into an apology for something that the pioneers did not know any better about than your ancestors - there should be more progress out of the darkness. Wanting to go back to the old ways is fine, good and dandy however, do not expect me to keep paying and paying for a culture I did not help lose even though my ancestors were just as uneducated as yours.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

im a white dude .. i just figure the government is doing what they do taking as much as they can .

and the poor wfn is here left getting hated upon

i know they r a good band cuz i have worked and lived near other reserves that are downright scary !
and they all had money like crazy from oil !

Return to “Central Okanagan”