Bill C-45

Dawnland
Board Meister

Re: Bill C-45

Post by Dawnland »

ok Fluffy but click on the link and listen to Peter Ord on live while I go get the info for you.
glassmaster
Übergod

Post by glassmaster »

Even though the Idle No More movement is trying to present itself as being something for 'all' Canadians ... it isn't. Unfortunately, it is more of the same. The 'environment' is the issue that provides the smoke screen for what the real issue is. Lack of consultation. Some First Nations are angry that they were not consulted about Bill C-45. Well, I think that not consulting the First Nations on the changes to Bill C-45 is a step in the right direction. The Government and mainstream Canada are saying that these 'consultations' have turned in to deliberate stalls until demands are met. The need to consult is a weapon used to get more. First Nations opinion on things should not matter more than any other Canadian persons opinion. As more people realize what this is all about ... they will harden their attitudes towards the protesters. It is not racist to recognize that things can't continue in the same manner. The fight against Harper and Bill C-45 is a desperate struggle to keep things the same ... or to gain even more control. The Indian Act needs to be slowly dismantled ... and the imbalance needs to be righted. The Osoyoos Indian Band has shown how to gain respect and be self sufficient ... unfortunately there are other bands that want mainstream Canada to just keep paying for past wrongs. I was hoping that the Penticton Band was ready to follow Chief Louie's lead ... but I'm not convinced that will happen anytime soon.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Dawnland wrote:...click on the link and listen...

Almost unintelligible due to poor sound quality. :137:
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

glassmaster wrote:I was hoping that the Penticton Band was ready to follow Chief Louie's lead ... but I'm not convinced that will happen anytime soon.

I don't know about that glassmaster, I'm impressed with Chief Kruger and the projects he has in the works. It looks like he is following the OIB's strategy that progress and prosperity can come though commercial development. Have you looked over the Arrowleaf Development plans?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
glassmaster
Übergod

Post by glassmaster »

Yes, I am aware of the Arrowleaf project (and am also impressed with Chief Kruger) ... that is what gives me hope that the PIB is headed towards economic independance and a new chapter. The project is very exciting and could be the cross over to true economic stability. However, the Idle No More movement does concern me ... because it has the potential to widen the gap yet again. The reality is that it would be non-First Nations buying in to the PIB Arrowleaf project. The gap needs to be closed, not widened. Trust is critical. The attitude needs to shift to the future. Chief Louie and his people have brilliantly gained the admiration, trust and respect of the masses. I absolutely hope that the PIB and Chief Kruger will be the next big success story .. but it would require the will of the band to make it happen.

Return to “Central Okanagan”