Regional Districts Proposal Could Save Diesel.

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Regional Districts Proposal Could Save Diesel.

Post by Fancy »

. So, if you take your dog to an off leash dog park, you cannot tell me that you have complete control if your dog is off leash

You should - I've seen a lot of dogs that come on command. The bylaws haven't changed overnight - a dog is always to be under control and at no time should anyone let their dog be a nuisance to anyone.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

removed
Last edited by Silverstarqueen on Feb 22nd, 2013, 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
juz516
Board Meister

Post by juz516 »

Personally, I would never go to a park like that anyways....if we are off the home place, my dogs are in harness and on leash. Not because of them, but because of other dogs. period. Dogs can be "socialized"...until they meet up with some other that takes a dislike to them....usually a small dog that has a complex. I had a beautiful young boxer that loved to play with other dogs and was so very gentle, even with her feet....but it only took one time for a small dog to growl, bark and jump up to bite her under her chin.....done. She did not attack, but until the day she died (at 14) she had zero tolerance no matter what I did. Depending on what you are considering "control at all times", I think dogs need to be able to be dogs, not some humanized robot. I love my dogs for their unique personalities, their ability to love unconditionally and will never put them in a position where they have to prove themselves to me or anyone else.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I love my dogs for their unique personalities, their ability to love unconditionally and will never put them in a position where they have to prove themselves to me or anyone else.
as well I have never put my dogs in a position where they are a nuisance to others or risk a confrontation that Diesel has been subjected to.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

removed
Last edited by Silverstarqueen on Feb 22nd, 2013, 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
juz516
Board Meister

Post by juz516 »

But, as I said, each person is different and what and how they think is different. Not everyone has the same ideas on what is right, correct, expected...etc. Some don't give a tinker's dam....some go the complete other end of the spectrum and expect every other person to think, believe and act as they do. Some have respect for neighbors and others.....some have zero. That is human nature, and you will never change that no matter how many forums you get going on. Right or wrong, that is the way it is.
juz516
Board Meister

Post by juz516 »

I didn't consider my girl "ruined" at all. She had every right not to trust small dogs. She just didn't take any crap off anyone after that. She lived a long, happy life and was never in any sort of altercation again....so I guess we did something right. But people do not realize that little mutts can cause major issues and do major damage as well. Whole other discussion!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Some don't give a tinker's dam
Those are the people that need "training".
Not everyone has the same ideas on what is right, correct, expected
Irrelevant when it comes down to who's property their dog is on - my property is mine, not to be used by other animals. When people have total disregard for others, then yes, there will be neighbourly disputes.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

removed
Last edited by Silverstarqueen on Feb 22nd, 2013, 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

removed
Last edited by Silverstarqueen on Feb 22nd, 2013, 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
juz516
Board Meister

Post by juz516 »

When people have total disregard for others, then yes, there will be neighbourly disputes.

OR how about neighborly discussions instead of disputes?

Those are the people that need "training".

In your opinion...and to your standards.....but yes, I agree that people need to keep their dogs off other's property...no question. As for "training" them....doubt that very much, but then that is pretty much a common attitude in this valley.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

removed
Last edited by Silverstarqueen on Feb 22nd, 2013, 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
juz516
Board Meister

Post by juz516 »

I don't either....so long as they are not in my dogs' faces and are pleasant. I more worry that they are lost. I do know, though, that if my dogs are in the fenced area and a strange dog comes in the yard and is on the other side of the fence, that they will act like they will tear each other apart. If I have my dogs in the open area and a strange dog comes along, most often they simply sniff each other and the stray dog goes away. But, obviously, you don't live in town either, so it is different. I do have a guy across the road that is a real bugger and yells at people walking their dogs. I have found that, generally, there are a lot of really cranky, biased people here.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Silverstarqueen wrote:I've never minded other people's dogs on my property and haven't had a problem with the dogs, regardless of breed. It's like children, as long as everyone gets along, everyone is welcome. I've never had someone else's dog give me grief with that approach either, they have to mind me while on my property. My place, my rules.
Doesn't matter if you don't mind as other people do and the bylaws are there for a reason. That isn't a matter of opinion but a fact. People need "training" in the matter of the bylaws.

how about neighborly discussions instead of disputes?
Well discussions didn't work in this case did it? No one should have to be told to control their dog and not everyone likes dogs and if people respected their neighbours, these kinds of situations wouldn't occur.
juz516
Board Meister

Post by juz516 »

Well discussions didn't work in this case did it?

I don't know that....were there discussions? Obviously, the neighbors discussed it amongst themselves....but I really wonder if they tried to talk to the owner in the beginning and got an attitude...or if they got together and went to RDCO.

I agree with you on many things....it is just that humans do not always do the right things and I realize that is frustrating to some. I am in no way saying that things were done in the "right" way....and yes, if there was that respect most likely this wouldn't have happened like it did. But there wasn't and it did....and it was not dealt with correctly by RDCO either...so here it sits. Maybe had RDCO impounded the dog after the first 2 tickets, fined the man, insisted that a fence was put up, inspected it before releasing the dog....maybe none of this would have happened....but they did not....and he did not. So everyone on here, no matter on what side they sit, no matter what their thoughts are, it will play out as it will. I simply do not agree with the people that say to put Diesel down and be done with it....costing taxpayers too much. RDCO should have thought about that as well....but like I said, both parties IMO are at fault.
Last edited by juz516 on Jan 29th, 2013, 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Central Okanagan”