Regional Districts Proposal Could Save Diesel.

juliatrops
Fledgling

Re: Regional Districts Proposal Could Save Diesel.

Post by juliatrops »

You don't need to share the informants name. The info is right there on Dave's page for anyone to see.. :127:

Brilliant deduction. Considering the group is closed and private, and I can't see it, it is pretty hard for that to happen. Thanks for thinking I'm lying. :137:

Yes it did for awhile. Now I see both pages playing childish games. In fact you recently posting something that someone said about you on the other page. How may I ask is that helping dogs in the RDCO?

You betcha, I posted that because it was sent to me by a friend in that group (since I can't see it :137:), and it demonstrates the attitudes and the stupid, inaccurate comments. THAT is the kind of attitude that put Diesel where he is. A perfect example of disrespectful, arrogant attitudes, and that is what is condoned in the group by the admins, by Dave. That is also why I left. To be fair, however, the RDCO is no better from the communications I have from them.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

Brilliant deduction. Considering the group is closed and private, and I can't see it, it is pretty hard for that to happen. Thanks for thinking I'm lying. :137:

Sheesh. Stop. I never said you we're lying.

You betcha, I posted that because it was sent to me by a friend in that group (since I can't see it :137:), and it demonstrates the attitudes and the stupid, inaccurate comments. THAT is the kind of attitude that put Diesel where he is. A perfect example of disrespectful, arrogant attitudes, and that is what is condoned in the group by the admins, by Dave. That is also why I left. To be fair, however, the RDCO is no better from the communications I have from them.

But why sink to that level? It doesn't make that group any better. Sigh. Yes it demonstrates the attitudes but how is it helping the dogs of RDCO?
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
sammym

Post by sammym »

Triple 6 wrote:I just posted something else. I blame RDCO for keeping a dog locked in a cage/cell for 22 hours a day. with minimal human contact. I commented above the RDCO should have fosters in place for such situation. I know that they are few and far between but it should and woud be helpful. Diesel could have been in a home, loved, cared for etc... How depressing for Diesel.

I agree with you that fostering would be a great thing for the sake of the dog. I do believe that the RDCO may not be allowed to let someone foster for legal/insurance reasons. If something happened, where the fostered dog did hurt someone, the RDCO would be hooped. The difference between RDCO and the SPCA, for example, is that the RDCO is government and responsible for safety to the public, while the SPCA is a non profit that's mandate is to adopt out animals.

Sad, but true.
MYOPINION

Post by MYOPINION »

In my opinion the RDCO have proven to be worse than the owner! Why does Diesel not get out of his cage more often and what's the deal with the owner only being allowed to visit one day a week for only 30 minutes in the past two years?? I'd like to hear any justifiable explanation...

I believe after 2 years of heartache and fighting for the life of Diesel, the owner would be a model dog owner if given the chance. Why can't they just give him the chance now, to prove himself? Put all the BS aside and allow him a second chance! Even the most hardened criminals are given 2nd and 3rd and so on chances!

Has this whole story been blown out of proportion? Have the complainers and RDCO blown this whole story completely out of proportion? Now that the RDCO has spent all this money fighting over a poor dog and his owner, how do they get out of this and admit to being wrong? In my opinion they know they are wrong and have erred, but cannot squirm out of it, especially after spending all this time and money being stubborn.

I say...let the owner have his dog back as he is not a danger to anyone, move to a new location away from the instigators and get on with life!
jimsenchuk
Lord of the Board

Post by jimsenchuk »

MYOPINION wrote:In my opinion the RDCO have proven to be worse than the owner! Why does Diesel not get out of his cage more often and what's the deal with the owner only being allowed to visit one day a week for only 30 minutes in the past two years?? I'd like to hear any justifiable explanation...

I believe after 2 years of heartache and fighting for the life of Diesel, the owner would be a model dog owner if given the chance. Why can't they just give him the chance now, to prove himself? Put all the BS aside and allow him a second chance! Even the most hardened criminals are given 2nd and 3rd and so on chances!

Has this whole story been blown out of proportion? Have the complainers and RDCO blown this whole story completely out of proportion? Now that the RDCO has spent all this money fighting over a poor dog and his owner, how do they get out of this and admit to being wrong? In my opinion they know they are wrong and have erred, but cannot squirm out of it, especially after spending all this time and money being stubborn.

I say...let the owner have his dog back as he is not a danger to anyone, move to a new location away from the instigators and get on with life!

Great post, nice to see some common sense, thank you. :)
The only effective answer to organized greed is organized labor.
MYOPINION

Post by MYOPINION »

We are all only human. Mistakes are made by all of us...but the compassion for a man and his dog has gone terribly wrong. And I don't know how some people sleep at night or maybe you don't...karma
Proverbs 26:27
Whoso diggeth a pit shall fall therein: and he that rolleth a stone, it will return upon him.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

Common sense?
Gimme a break
This clown was given chance after chance after chance after chance and so on and so on.
Now you bleeding hearts without justification want him to be given a...a...what?
A second chance?
This wouldn't be his second chance.
Criminals do NOT get as many chance as this particular law breaking fool.

The ONLY reason Dave Smith put in ANY effort in the past two years was to protect his sense of pride. He was not willing to give in to what he thought he was "above", which are bylaws and neighbors that were beyond tired and fed up with his lack of respect for others. He cared more about Dave Smith than Diesel the dog. That's obvious.

He's a dim witted fool with more money than brains.
I hope it burns his butt red to have to pay all those legal expenses for a case he lost.
A case he lost on account of his disrespect and the pattern it showed over the years.

Go on...keep supporting the village idiot.
Idiocy does rub off though, so beware.
MYOPINION

Post by MYOPINION »

Graham Adder wrote:Common sense?
Gimme a break
This clown was given chance after chance after chance after chance and so on and so on.
Now you bleeding hearts without justification want him to be given a...a...what?
A second chance?
This wouldn't be his second chance.
Criminals do NOT get as many chance as this particular law breaking fool.

The ONLY reason Dave Smith put in ANY effort in the past two years was to protect his sense of pride. He was not willing to give in to what he thought he was "above", which are bylaws and neighbors that were beyond tired and fed up with his lack of respect for others. He cared more about Dave Smith than Diesel the dog. That's obvious.

He's a dim witted fool with more money than brains.
I hope it burns his butt red to have to pay all those legal expenses for a case he lost.
A case he lost on account of his disrespect and the pattern it showed over the years.

And your last sentence is exactly the reason I will not waste any conversing with the likes of you!
jimsenchuk
Lord of the Board

Post by jimsenchuk »

And your last sentence is exactly the reason I will not waste any conversing with the likes of you!

I am with you on that MYOPINION. :)
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Did anyone listen to DAve on the early morning radio show I think was last week?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

Fancy wrote:Did anyone listen to DAve on the early morning radio show I think was last week?

I read about it. Dave and his camp just don't understand. It's not about them anymore. It's about adopting Diesel into a new home. Time to move on.
But I have to clarify I still think there are issues with RDCO and that needs to be looked after. cleaned up.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Put the dog to sleep already and stop wasting tax payers money! ridiculous, they put good friendly dogs down all the time that are there to long.
jimsenchuk
Lord of the Board

Post by jimsenchuk »

fall wrote:Put the dog to sleep already and stop wasting tax payers money! ridiculous, they put good friendly dogs down all the time that are there to long.

It has been resolved, he will be adopted out to an anonymous home, court ordered. What a callous remark "Put the dog to sleep already" I take it you do not care about dogs, with a statement like that. The reason they put dogs down is because the RD has no idea how to handle situations like this, other then spend tax payers money. I am finished with this thread, as it is all over with.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

It has been resolved, he will be adopted out to an anonymous home, court ordered. What a callous remark "Put the dog to sleep already" I take it you do not care about dogs, with a statement like that. The reason they put dogs down is because the RD has no idea how to handle situations like this, other then spend tax payers money. I am finished with this thread, as it is all over with.[/quote]
I sure hope they learn how to deal with situations like this, what next a whole new court house and system for dogs that take years of court bs and thousands and thousands of dollars and wasted time.
western_star
Übergod

Post by western_star »

Triple 6 wrote:
On that note while I think it was spiteful of the RDCO, I wonder why if Dave was going to "visit" Diesel why was CHBC called and why is Dave bringing his followers to the pound? Perhaps that is why he was denied an outside visit.
If It was my "last" visit with my dog, I would be doing it quietly. Goodbyes are a pretty personal thing.

If it was my last visit with my dog and I was Dave, I would invite everyone I could including the media. Its too bad that RDCO had to restrict Daves last visit .. that to me was spiteful.

I am not saying what Dave did is in the right either. Two wrongs don't make a right. But the least RDCO could do for Diesel is let his Daddy say a proper goodbye.

Return to “Central Okanagan”