Regional Districts Proposal Could Save Diesel.

juliatrops
Fledgling

Re: Regional Districts Proposal Could Save Diesel.

Post by juliatrops »

LordEd wrote:Adjournment was denied, meaning it was asked for.

Blame the ref for the call, not the player for putting the stick at the feet. Free driving lessons with every ticket.

Is there a way to find out if this is the same judge who granted the warrant for Shadow AFTER Shadow was wrongly seized?

Speculation completely here, but maybe the judicial powers were having enough of the (now apparent to the public) shoddy practices of the bylaw people and wanted to enforce the full measure of the rights of the law, which ended up benefiting DS. I don't know.

Why didn't the adjournment get granted? It is a good question. Either way, the judge was within his right to grant or deny it, and he denied it. He must have had his reasons, and the reasons must have been substantial under the law.

HonestBob wrote:Point the finger where it belongs, absolutely...at dog owners like DS who think the don't have to follow by laws and won't contain or leash their dogs...

:142:
juz516
Board Meister

Post by juz516 »

To the man who wrote the letter to "editor" about "harsh penalty for Diesel"

If you know anything at all about this case or this dog, you will know he is NOT dangerous....read this thread...your letter makes me ill with the attitude. Regardless of his owner he deserves a new home....and your "beloved" RDCO had much to do with the spending of your tax dollars.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

As did Dave (spending money that is)
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
juliatrops
Fledgling

Post by juliatrops »

I heard through the grapevine that Dave went to see Diesel for his weekly visit, and the poundkeepers would not let him in to see him, just in the outside compound. Considering Dave is losing Diesel forever soon, that seems more than a little harsh to me.

CHBC were called and there is to be an article on tv tonight. RCMP were also called - by the pound.

If all this is true, there is a SERIOUS problem going on, and it needs to be looked at.
Last edited by juliatrops on Feb 25th, 2013, 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

His actions are the cause for his former dog's current situation. Why reward him for them?

The court order probably removes any ownership claim he has to the dog, so he is not entitled to that contact anymore.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
juliatrops
Fledgling

Post by juliatrops »

LordEd wrote:His actions are the cause for his former dog's current situation. Why reward him for them?

The court order probably removes any ownership claim he has to the dog, so he is not entitled to that contact anymore.

You are right on both accounts.

The court order probably does remove any ownership claim, however, in this situation, I hardly think it would hurt the pound to be compassionate.
janalta
Übergod

Post by janalta »

juliatrops wrote:I heard through the grapevine that Dave went to see Diesel for his weekly visit, and the poundkeepers would not let him in to see him, just in the outside compound. Considering Dave is losing Diesel forever soon, that seems more than a little harsh to me.

CHBC were called and there is to be an article on tv tonight. RCMP were also called - by the pound.

If all this is true, there is a SERIOUS problem going on, and it needs to be looked at. ***** imbeciles.

Of course he called CHBC....heaven help us all if he misses another 15 minutes of fame.
Called them last week as well....to film his FINAL farewell to the dog...final...means last time...ever.
So...why did he go back again ?
He no longer owns the dog...it is no longer his. He has no right to continue to go and visit the dog .
He now has no more right to go in and demand that he be allowed into the kennels than any of us do.
Wise enough to know better.
Old enough to care less.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

This would be the reason for the anonymous adoption process. Otherwise the new owner would likely be visited occasionally.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

juliatrops wrote:I hardly think it would hurt the pound to be compassionate.

Yeah, after all he's spent all this time and energy fostering a mutually respectful relationship with them, you'd think they'd cut him a break.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I think the decision was the most SPITEFUL one I've ever seen.

Sheer and pure SPITE.

That's what all of Kelowna is dealing with.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

juliatrops wrote:I heard through the grapevine

you read it on the Diesel fb page. No grapevine.

On that note while I think it was spiteful of the RDCO, I wonder why if Dave was going to "visit" Diesel why was CHBC called and why is Dave bringing his followers to the pound? Perhaps that is why he was denied an outside visit.
If It was my "last" visit with my dog, I would be doing it quietly. Goodbyes are a pretty personal thing.

I'm annoyed with Dave and his supporters and I'm annoyed with the other page that is against Dave and wants changes but continues to use Dave and Diesels name. You're all playing games and the only loser is Diesel.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

This thing is slowly turning into a religious cult. Dave now has followers, there's media attention, controversies, David vs. Goliath hyperboles, etc. All over some mutt.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
juliatrops
Fledgling

Post by juliatrops »

Triple 6 wrote:you read it on the Diesel fb page. No grapevine.

Actually, no I didn't hear it from the Diesel group, I am not in that group, I left it in October after it became clear to me that objective thought was not welcomed there. I received the info as a private message from someone, who has not given me permission to use her name. Thanks for the assumption, though. Nice.

Triple 6 wrote:On that note while I think it was spiteful of the RDCO, I wonder why if Dave was going to "visit" Diesel why was CHBC called and why is Dave bringing his followers to the pound? Perhaps that is why he was denied an outside visit.
If It was my "last" visit with my dog, I would be doing it quietly. Goodbyes are a pretty personal thing.

I agree with you and upon further thought, I do wonder what happened. Janalta's point about the "attention" I have to agree with that. But, last week the expectation was that Diesel was going to be gone by this weekend, and with the delay, Dave was taking advantage of the extra time with Diesel. That is just speculation, but it is what I would do. Did he have a tantrum? I don't know, I wasn't there. To show kindness though, when someone is down, how can that be wrong? Sure, make Dave sign a paper to waive his rights to injury, but jeez.

Triple 6 wrote:I'm annoyed with Dave and his supporters and I'm annoyed with the other page that is against Dave and wants changes but continues to use Dave and Diesels name. You're all playing games and the only loser is Diesel.

No one is using Dave's name on the fb page. The page supports the dog, and is focused on the dog. The group, well, is a different kettle of fish.

You are correct though, in all this, the loser is Diesel... but in saying that, I have to hope that the attention on him, has only helped him and other dogs/owners in the area. I have to hope that.

LordEd wrote:This would be the reason for the anonymous adoption process. Otherwise the new owner would likely be visited occasionally.

Yes, that is precisely why the anonymous adoption process. From what I understand, all rescues follow this process. Wasn't there a dog who was surrendered to the SPCA, pregnant and needing meds .... wasn't that adoption private as well until the new owners spoke out?
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

My point on the anonymous adoption process is that it is to protect the new owner from harassment, as opposed to it being a conspiracy so they can just kill-off the dog outside of media eyes.

Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

Actually, no I didn't hear it from the Diesel group, I am not in that group, I left it in October after it became clear to me that objective thought was not welcomed there. I received the info as a private message from someone, who has not given me permission to use her name. Thanks for the assumption, though. Nice.

You don't need to share the informants name. The info is right there on Dave's page for anyone to see.. :127:

No one is using Dave's name on the fb page. The page supports the dog, and is focused on the dog. The group, well, is a different kettle of fish.

Yes it did for awhile. Now I see both pages playing childish games. In fact you recently posting something that someone said about you on the other page. How may I ask is that helping dogs in the RDCO?
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings

Return to “Central Okanagan”