Regional Districts Proposal Could Save Diesel.

dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Deisel Decision Made

Post by dirtybiker »

maxwall wrote:I am deeply offended that my tax dollers are being spent like this.

:rate10:

I do not see what cost the money.

A proven incompetent owner...

Remove dog....

Euthanize dog, (even though the dog had no choice in who owned it)

Issue a restriction against the owner to prevent them from owning a pet ever again..

DONE!!!

Todays society is so screwed up they cannot see the forest for the trees!!!!

This is an outrageous atrocity against the taxpayers of the region!!
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Duke

Re: Deisel Decision Made

Post by Duke »

^ what he said ^
juz516
Board Meister

Re: Regional Districts Proposal Could Save Diesel.

Post by juz516 »

A proven incompetent owner...

You cannot fix that

Remove dog....

Euthanize dog, (even though the dog had no choice in who owned it)

cannot do this legally if it goes to court....and too many have already been euthanized by intimidation, according to some. Dirty pool on the part of the "officers"

Issue a restriction against the owner to prevent them from owning a pet ever again..

I don't believe that can be done unless there has been cruelty proven

Todays society is so screwed up they cannot see the forest for the trees!!!!

Absolutely....and not only in this case....re-read your post...screwed up!

This is an outrageous atrocity against the taxpayers of the region!!

And had this situation....and others...been handled in the correct way by RDCO dog control it would never have gotten to this point. Want to point fingers? Point it to where it belongs
HonestBob
Fledgling

Post by HonestBob »

Point the finger where it belongs, absolutely...at dog owners like DS who think the don't have to follow by laws and won't contain or leash their dogs...
juz516
Board Meister

Post by juz516 »

Wow....and nothing at the RDCO? None of the fault lies with the Dog Control people, or RDCO? This is not the only case, nor will it be the last if they do not get their act together in the future.
To you, obviously, this is "just a dog" so get rid of it and it fixes everything? DS has been at fault as well, no doubt, and owners need to take responsibility for their pets, absolutely. BUT, RDCO is a "government" entity who should always take the high road....and they do not/have not. Their staff, ie., dog control officers, have abused their authority on some cases and ignored their responsibility in others, bringing things to where they are now.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

I still don't understand what you expect them to do differently, other than not attend a funeral. Am I the only one who sees 12 notices, fines, and/or complaints to be a lot of attention? Is this normal for dog owners?

When you get a parking ticket, do you expect the person who gave you a ticket to check back with you and offer driving lessons?
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
juz516
Board Meister

Post by juz516 »

I still don't understand what you expect them to do differently, other than not attend a funeral. Am I the only one who sees 12 notices, fines, and/or complaints to be a lot of attention? Is this normal for dog owners?

When you get a parking ticket, do you expect the person who gave you a ticket to check back with you and offer driving lessons?

Big difference from a parking ticket. Of course the man/woman needed to attend a funeral....BUT they could have done what was correct BY LAW and give the 24 hours notice required and it would not have been written off. and I don't believe, correct me if I am wrong, that this was the only ticket/only court time that was ignored and/or thrown out?
IMO only, what needed to be done was if there is a citation written up that there needed to be a fence built, then give a reasonable amount of time and then go back to see if it was done. Then take the action required to enforce it. Writing up tickets and citations/fines/complaints is all good and well, but if they are not enforced then it is a complete waste of time. Then, after not enforcing/checking up on the owner they impound the one dog (he, apparently, has another/others) and demand destruction. Then, to try to deem the dog as "dangerous" to enable them to continue with the destruction....use a "professional" that is on their payroll to back that up(who doesn't have a good reputation either, apparently)....they thought that DS would just lie down and take it. He did not, as is HIS RIGHT as a citizen, no matter what any of you think.
So far as comparing it to a parking ticket....people fight them every day....same with drunk driving laws....they are fought and won....but it all costs "your" tax dollars as well. IMO, the only reason I believe anyone is bi***ing about this cost and is so up in arms about it is because it is "just a dog" and you just don't get that "just a dog", to many people, is a member of their family. Get over it and move on. IMO.....until RDCO changes how they work, this will keep happening.
Absolutely pet owners need to keep their pets under control at all times....but some just do not...and if that is the case, then RDCO needs to have people that can deal with those owners and enforce their bylaws without intimidation and threats.
Maybe go read the letter that Shadow's owners wrote on how RDCO dealt with them and their case. Might help you to understand the "whys".
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

You seem more interested in other cases than this one. This is diesel's thread, not shadow. Shadow went home. The owners built a fence.
Writing up tickets and citations/fines/complaints is all good and well, but if they are not enforced then it is a complete waste of time.
You mean actions like seizing the dog for destruction after 5 years of warnings?

I have no issue with the bill or his right to defend. I just see 12 complaints and 5 years as a lot of notice and a lot of time to correct.

If a person got a speeding ticket and won because the officer couldn't attend, then killed somebody the next day due to speed, you would blame the police right?
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

juz516
Board Meister

Post by juz516 »

oh, forcrissake...I am not more interested in other cases....but do you think that Shadow's case did not cost the "taxpayers" as well??? I am interested that RDCO gets it right....and yes, DS should have done what was needed....no question there. But he did not....and RDCO did NOT, hence this situation.

If a person got a speeding ticket and won because the officer couldn't attend, then killed somebody the next day due to speed, you would blame the police right?

Seriously? There are rules for court for a reason....in the wonderful "free" country of ours...innocent until PROVEN guilty....would it not be best have someone show up and prove that or give the required notice to postpone? Would that be really, really difficult?
Anyhow....it is a mute point. DS was guilty of not complying and putting his dog at risk. RDCO was just as guilty for any number of reasons. Not forgiving/protecting anyone. It is/was what it is/was... time to move on.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Adjournment was denied, meaning it was asked for.

Blame the ref for the call, not the player for putting the stick at the feet. Free driving lessons with every ticket.

juz516
Board Meister

Post by juz516 »

Adjournment was denied, meaning it was asked for.

??? lol whatever you want to believe you will. Some simply can't see the forest for the trees.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

juz516 wrote:
??? lol whatever you want to believe you will. Some simply can't see the forest for the trees.

I must be blind,

All I see is a $75.000.00 Taxpayer bill over a critter

I'll add again, I'm not against someone who is responsible and able to
provide for a pet but, what a waste of money.

Sure, the RDCO may be incompetent as well as the animals owner, how
is that my fault, why MUST my money be used for such foolishness???
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
juz516
Board Meister

Post by juz516 »

Yes, it is a waste....Like I said before, take it up with RDCO
ticat900
Board Meister

Post by ticat900 »

??? lol whatever you want to believe you will. Some simply can't see the forest for the trees.[/quote]

I must be blind,

All I see is a $75.000.00 Taxpayer bill over a critter

I'll add again, I'm not against someone who is responsible and able to
provide for a pet but, what a waste of money.

Sure, the RDCO may be incompetent as well as the animals owner, how
is that my fault, why MUST my money be used for such foolishness???[/quote]

same reason its(tax money) used for Senate personal travel money or sending harpers car overseas for 1.2 million dollars or welfare for ileagal immigrants or free medical for the boat people whom showed up in Victoria a few years ago etc etc etc
or guys like Eric foster using 70K to renovate his MP office when the old one was fine as is.
tax money at all levels gets wasted every day,
juz516
Board Meister

Post by juz516 »

lol great post, Ticat!

Return to “Central Okanagan”