SPCA: And you were complaining about the RDCO?

Lore
Übergod

Re: SPCA: and you were complaining about the RDCO?

Post by Lore »

MAPearce wrote:
Like a hospital ,a Vet is not an adoption agency..They treat the sick and wounded..

An old couple thought about the ones who would need home in the future...Ones who fetch a fair price too .

I won't believe that the SPCA wouldn't get a fair price for the puppies AND got their fair share for a donated mother too.

The SPCA would have to take care of the puppies and the mother for at least 8 weeks before they could be adopted out.
Add in vet exams, deworming, vaccinations, food , neutering/spaying and probably more.
Thats going to come to alot of money.
Do you have any idea the cost of veterinary care?
The SPCA is putting out alot of money because
Opsssss we didn't get her fixed.
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

MAPearce wrote:
I'm soooo glad about that ...

Now , can you stop them from snivelling for money at my door step , at the mall...on the radio....banner ads on the bus...newspapers...

Shall I continue ??

They have a right to ask just as you have your right to say no.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

The SPCA would have to take care of the puppies and the mother for at least 8 weeks before they could be adopted out.
Add in vet exams, deworming, vaccinations, food , neutering/spaying and probably more.
Thats going to come to alot of money.
Do you have any idea the cost of veterinary care?
The SPCA is putting out alot of money because
Opsssss we didn't get her fixed.

All payed for by families who choose the SPCA as their "puppy mill" thinking they're doing the "right" thing...

Glad I now know otherwise...Keep up the good work on their behalf Lore.

Because of your arguement , I know I should just not even bother with the BCSPA. My money would be best spent elsewhere..

Thanks

Mike
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

MAPearce wrote:
All payed for by families who choose the SPCA as their "puppy mill" thinking they're doing the "right" thing...

Glad I now know otherwise...Keep up the good work on their behalf Lore.

Because of your arguement , I know I should just not even bother with the BCSPA. My money would be best spent elsewhere..

Thanks

Mike

Please do spend your money elsewhere.
I am sure they would refuse you anyways.
For your own enlightenment you should add up the cost of a spay /neuter,vet exam,
vaccinations and you will see that its about the cost of an adoption.
Go figure.
Again, I don't think you realize the cost of having a pet.
Better look over your finances again before you get your dog.
Anyways bye, I have pets to look after.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

MAPearce wrote:
Now , can you stop them from snivelling for money at my door step , at the mall...on the radio....banner ads on the bus...newspapers...

There would be no need for the S.P.C.A. if ... guess what ?? .. people like Bill would make the decision to spay or to neuter their pet...
No one is forcing you to donate.

You said : I know I should just not even bother with the BCSPCA.
Well obviously you had no intention to do so. Duh ...
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Good god man...

I'm 4 years shy of half a century in age. My family has had pets galore , including Granny's 5 chiuahuas. Cats's, dogs , rats , mice , gerbils , hamsters guinea pigs..you name it.

Why you'd think I'd I'd come here to lament the deploreable acts of the SPCA without the knowledge of what it takes to own a pet only shows your unbiased zeal for an autonomous , self regulating entity such as them.

Your ignorance of who and what I am only shows that you are blinded by their propaganda..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
pepecat
Board Meister

Post by pepecat »

MAPearce wrote:Glad I now know otherwise...Keep up the good work on their behalf Lore.

Thanks

Mike

Thank goodness my 15 year old best friend doggy and my new SPCA kitten were not subject to such bitterness. I hereby thank the SPCA for making sure they came to me and not to some horribly politic-obsessed person who is more concerned with where his "money is spent" than the well being and care of animals.

Anyone who thinks this case is "age discriminatory" is not reading the story correctly.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Graphite wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puppy_mill

Slow down Graphite...I won't support them either..

We know what we want , but are open to "other" options. Between the Boss and myself , we know it will (and must) be us that are committed to care for the animal on our own.

We recently moved to a house with an animal in mind for our future...Large fenced back yard , trees for shade , shelter in the rain etc..It would be nice to include the BCSPAC as an option for an addition to our family , but considering their inaction on Shadow's ABUSE at the hand of the RDCO and their discrimination of old people who thought they were doing, and IMO were, the right thing, they're out...

I promiss we won't adpot from a "puppy mill"
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Anyone who thinks this case is "age discriminatory" is not reading the story correctly.

The BCSPCA chose to niether confirm or deny that accusation...

Hmmmm. I smell a rat .

Pun intended.
pepecat
Board Meister

Post by pepecat »

MAPearce wrote:Good god man...

I'm 4 years shy of half a century in age. My family has had pets galore , including Granny's 5 chiuahuas. Cats's, dogs , rats , mice , gerbils , hamsters guinea pigs..you name it.

Why you'd think I'd I'd come here to lament the deploreable acts of the SPCA without the knowledge of what it takes to own a pet only shows your unbiased zeal for an autonomous , self regulating entity such as them.

Your ignorance of who and what I am only shows that you are blinded by their propaganda..

What are the "deplorable acts of the SPCA"?

Please provide some real facts, not just your bias.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

What are the "deplorable acts of the SPCA"?

Youre kidding , right ??
but considering their inaction on Shadow's ABUSE at the hand of the RDCO and their discrimination of old people who thought they were doing, and IMO were, the right thing, they're out

Get out from the rock you're under and do your own reading..
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

In this instance it seems the elderly couple were not knowledgeable/experienced dog owners, and didn't know what they didn't know, and as a result they were unable to adequately care for their pet. It doesn't make them bad people.
They surrendered their pet (rather than seek veterinary or other options) so that it could have the care it needed. That was the right thing for them to do.
The SPCA cared for the dog and her puppies and found them homes that they believe can meet the dogs' needs. That was the right thing for them to do.
The couple, who loved their pet, wanted her back. The SPCA chose rather to have the dog remain in a home that could meet its long-term needs, medical and otherwise. That doesn't make them a bad organization.
In this instance, I would say the SPCA did the best thing for the dog(s).

BTW, I have adopted several pets from the SPCA throughout the years and they have been the most amazing pets. I would not hesitate to adopt a dog from the SPCA, or another reputable rescue organization, in future. I found the staff at the SPCA to be focussed on the animals' needs and to be up front with what they knew of the animal and its anticipated present and future needs. It one prefers not to deal with the SPCA, there are other animal rescue organizations to contribute to that in addition to caring for abandoned and neglected animals, include spay and neuter programs.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
pepecat
Board Meister

Post by pepecat »

[quote="MAPearce"
Hmmmm. I smell a rat .

Pun intended.[/quote]

Sorry I didn't get the pun. If you are inferring that I am with the SPCA you are wrong. The only relationship I have had with the SPCA is to adopt my dog 14 years ago and my kitten 3 weeks ago.

However, I have volunteered, both time and money, with the Okanagan Humane Society, but you probably wouldn't know the difference between the two organizations and what their mandates are. Or maybe you have been turned down by both of them. That would explain a lot.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

pepecat wrote:[quote="MAPearce"
Hmmmm. I smell a rat .

Pun intended.

Sorry I didn't get the pun. If you are inferring that I am with the SPCA you are wrong. The only relationship I have had with the SPCA is to adopt my dog 14 years ago and my kitten 3 weeks ago.

However, I have volunteered, both time and money, with the Okanagan Humane Society, but you probably wouldn't know the difference between the two organizations and what their mandates are. Or maybe you have been turned down by both of them. That would explain a lot.[/quote]

The rat pun was not aimed at you or what you do, or don't...

I have NOT been turned down by either organization as I have yet to apply to any one of them for any thing....

I don't think I will .....

Thanks
Mike.

Return to “Central Okanagan”