SPCA: And you were complaining about the RDCO?

Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: SPCA: and you were complaining about the RDCO?

Post by Always Sunny »

janalta wrote:What does the age of the dog have to do with anything? They did not own the dog for two years.
Once again....no one has any idea how long it was between them adopting the dog and when they first took her to see a vet. No one said that they didn't bother taking her to the vet for four months.
What I said was that it was less than four months from when they got her from the shelter up north and the time she presumably got pregnant.

I don't know where they got her, but I have never heard of a rescue or shelter that adopts out animals without spaying/vaccinating and vet checking the animals....so I would probably also be guilty of trusting them and not rushing a pet to a vet as soon as I got it home.

Because there is NO reason to wait any period of time to spay a dog that is already a DOG and not still a puppy. You state over and over that "it was only 4 months (or some other "reasonable" time period)". That excuse might fly if this dog was still a puppy. If they aren't fixed by a certain age then typically you should wait until the dog's first heat. At two years old this dog has passed puppyhood and her first heat.

See below.
juliatrops wrote:We've adopted from SPCA in three provinces, and none were spayed prior to adoption. We received certificates and a deadline to have our new addition spayed/neutered. Critteraid was the same.

My friends adopted a kitten from the Kelowna SPCA a few months ago. They had the opportunity to wait for her to be spayed, or they could do it on their own as long as they provided proof within a certain timeframe.

Again...ignorance is bliss.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

You supplied the link:

granny freddy did and they just lost accreditation for not filing income tax,which is why i believe they took the money and ran
Peace be with you.
GenuinelyInterested
Board Meister

Post by GenuinelyInterested »

kibbs wrote:https://charityvillage.com/Content.aspx?topic=Charity_watchdog_Charity_Intelligence_Canada_has_charitable_status_revoked_by_CRA

maybe this was was scam too

The link you provided:
https://charityvillage.com/Content.aspx ... ked_by_CRA

grammafreddy wrote:http://www.charityintelligence.ca/charity-details/10-bc-society-for-the-prevention-of-cruelty-to-animals

The link GF provided:
http://www.charityintelligence.ca/chari ... to-animals
janalta
Übergod

Post by janalta »

Always Sunny wrote:Because there is NO reason to wait any period of time to spay a dog that is already a DOG and not still a puppy. You state over and over that "it was only 4 months (or some other "reasonable" time period)". That excuse might fly if this dog was still a puppy. If they aren't fixed by a certain age then typically you should wait until the dog's first heat. At two years old this dog has passed puppyhood and her first heat.

Again...ignorance is bliss.

Exactly....puppies that are still too young to spay/neuter will come with a certificate for the procedure.
Adult dogs are typically done before they are offered for adoption.
And again.....you have no idea what the time period was between when they found out she was not spayed until she was bred...none of us do, therefore none of us have the right to jump to conclusions about their level of responsibility or their intentions.
But, by all means continue to crucify them without having a clue what period of time had elapsed or what the reasons for that period were.
Wise enough to know better.
Old enough to care less.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

janalta wrote:Exactly....puppies that are still too young to spay/neuter will come with a certificate for the procedure.
Adult dogs are typically done before they are offered for adoption.
And again.....you have no idea what the time period was between when they found out she was not spayed until she was bred...none of us do, therefore none of us have the right to jump to conclusions about their level of responsibility or their intentions.
But, by all means continue to crucify them without having a clue what period of time had elapsed or what the reasons for that period were.

I don't care what time period passed between "knowing" the dog wasn't spayed and the time she was found to be pregnant. That was never my issue, so stop twisting my words around to suit your purpose.

I've always stated that this dog should have been brought to their vet immediately upon adopting. If they did their homework in the first instance they would have known right away that this was a concern.

Yet again...ignorance is bliss. It's hard to not know your dog isn't fixed if you never bothered to have it checked out.

It could have been 5 months or 5 minutes between finding out the dog was not spayed and finding it to be pregnant. What IS obvious is that they had ownership of this dog for several months between adoption and puppies and there was plenty of time to have a quick vet check.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

janalta wrote: none of us have the right to jump to conclusions about their level of responsibility or their intentions.
janalta wrote:But, by all means continue to crucify them without having a clue what period of time had elapsed or what the reasons for that period were.
You seem perfectly happy to crucify the SPCA for the same reasons. You created this thread to be able to draw attention to what you saw as them losing their dog, but the majority see as the owners not taking care of their pet. You created the discussion, so don't complain that you don't have a cheering squad.

The SPCA provides shelter/adoptions to homeless pets. They do not provide free boarding or medical services to owners.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
juz516
Board Meister

Post by juz516 »

Must be nice to be the type of person that does everything right, hey? A lot of you on here know better and more than anyone else....and likely are of a completely different generation than these people. I should really stop reading Castanet, as it is so dam frustrating when each and every person that doesn't live up to the current "standards" set by whomever are not followed and then the people under the microscope are "crucified". Pathetic.
IMO, the SPCA may serve a purpose, but I for one would not trust them as far as I could throw them. Run of the mill puppies sell for upwards of 400-500....why not let your friend make some money? But why not ask the couple to pay for the care, which I am sure they would be happy to do, and give them their dog back.....come on!
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

The link granny freddy gave was for charity intelligense that gave spca a good grade ,the link i provided showed that charity intelligence was discredited an also gave that list of people who were recognized by this possible scam and probably gave money for a good rating.
Peace be with you.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

In order to do a proper audit a forensic accountant must investigate their books.not some fly by night charity watch that pets the puppies and takes their money.
Peace be with you.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

they should sue for misleading them into believing there was a contract to get their dog back .for not disclosing their readoption policy.they were only thinking of the dog and were willing to break the law and mislead this human ,then stole his dog .shame
Last edited by kibbs on Dec 30th, 2012, 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peace be with you.
janalta
Übergod

Post by janalta »

LordEd wrote:You seem perfectly happy to crucify the SPCA for the same reasons. You created this thread to be able to draw attention to what you saw as them losing their dog, but the majority see as the owners not taking care of their pet. You created the discussion, so don't complain that you don't have a cheering squad.

The SPCA provides shelter/adoptions to homeless pets. They do not provide free boarding or medical services to owners.

Believe me, I could care less who, if anyone agrees with me...and I sure as heck do not need a cheering squad.
I do indeed see this as a huge injustice....then again, perhaps it's because I can stand back and see the human side of it and not simply stand in judgement.

Yes, the SPCA takes care of homeless pets.
This was not a homeless pet.
There is nothing, besides the people here, that says the owners were looking for free care, boarding or medical services.
I have said nothing to 'crucify' the SPCA....but I do believe in this case they mislead these owners and failed to provide them with sufficient information on their options and what resources were available to them.

These people are 79 years old and although I see no problem at all in seniors having pets.....they do come from a different era. A time when spay and neuter programs did not exist and when most people never bothered to do either. They come from a generation who does not sit down at their PC and search for information on the internet when they have questions or need answers.
Wise enough to know better.
Old enough to care less.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

So it's a scam unless it confirms your bias got it

i dont trust unless can see the motives can not be corrupted.i dont think the rogers one is just a scam but a conspiracy.
Peace be with you.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

removed off topic - Jennylives
Peace be with you.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

removed off topic - Jennylives
Last edited by kibbs on Dec 30th, 2012, 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peace be with you.
juz516
Board Meister

Post by juz516 »

me too, Janalta!!!

Return to “Central Okanagan”