SPCA: And you were complaining about the RDCO?

Lore
Übergod

Re: SPCA: and you were complaining about the RDCO?

Post by Lore »

The mission of the SPCA is "To protect and enhance the quality of life for domestic, farm and wild animals in British Columbia." ---- taken from the BCSPCA website.
Notice their mission statement does not mention people.
Its because they are there for the animals.
Someone has to be as often the owners of the animals are
only there for the animals untill there is a problem, like
in this case.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

MAPearce wrote:Well...I guess we'll go get the pet a puppy mill....

you suck SPCA .

I'll call you in the morning to tell you that myself...Or should I do that in person ?

Just so you know who's property NOT to set foot on.

Where does your anger comes from ?
How does the couple's decision to not spay their dog, the S.P.C.A.'s fault ?
Everyone has to live with the consequences of their decisions. How is this any different ?
They are playing victims. Just poor decisions all around.
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
CountryAtHeart
Lord of the Board

Post by CountryAtHeart »

Since when did the SPCA become a baby sitter for dogs having puppies? This isn't meant to be a maternity ward. The couple didn't offer to help pay for expenses that the SPCA would incur for taking care of their dog and pups.
And I don't recall them asking if they would be able to visit their dog. (whether or not that could be accommodated I don't know, but I would have tried.)

I think the SPCA did what was best for the dog and the pups.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

That is what they provided for this dog. The previous owners did not.

I'll argue with you....

They admitted that they were not prepared for more than 6 ( ok how about not even one) puppies

They took the dog to what should be the most HUMANE place for animals in need and what happened ??

Tell me where do abandoned dogs go to find homes and how much does it cost for a family like mine to adopt one ??

seems to me , it would be the SPCA (as we WERE thinking) but its not.

6 or 3 or 17 puppies , who knows ? The old folks made sure that they puppies they couldn't handle would be brought into the world where they would be BEST taken care of..

Or did they ? I'm convinced the SPCA sucks..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Since when did the SPCA become a baby sitter for dogs having puppies? This isn't meant to be a maternity ward. The couple didn't offer to help pay for expenses that the SPCA would incur for taking care of their dog and pups.

crying angel...don't think for a minute that it's FREE to adopt any animal fron the SPCA...and, I never read or heard anything about the couple NOT wanting to pay up...

And how much cake do they get from the bleeding heart "animal lovers" per year ??

All I heard was that they were discriminated because of their , and the dogs age, AND that the SPCA chose NOT to confirm or deny that

If anyone truly loved an animal , they wouldn't deny the animal a loving home.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

MAPearce wrote:I'll argue with you....

They admitted that they were not prepared for more than 6 ( ok how about not even one) puppies

They took the dog to what should be the most HUMANE place for animals in need and what happened ??

Tell me where do abandoned dogs go to find homes and how much does it cost for a family like mine to adopt one ??

seems to me , it would be the SPCA (as we WERE thinking) but its not.

6 or 3 or 17 puppies , who knows ? The old folks made sure that they puppies they couldn't handle would be brought into the world where they would be BEST taken care of..
Or did they ? I'm convinced the SPCA sucks..

Your post sounds like angry rambling.
Yes, they took the dog to the most humane place and what happened is that the dog
had a safe delivery and a healthy litter all of which found homes.
Sounds like you are angry because you have to pay for a dog.(?)
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

Q - Why was I turned down as an adopter; I love animals!?

The BC SPCA works very hard to find the best possible match between adopter and animal. Loving animals is not enough; the animal's physical, emotional, and behavioural needs must be addressed as best as possible. When you are turned down for an adoption, it does not necessarily mean that you are a "bad" adopter; it just means that the animal is not right for you.

Taken from website.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I'm not angry lore ...Not at all..

when we get a pet , that we'll GLADLY pay for, who's the BEST vet for spaying/neutering and the shots ??

Know any that offer puppy health care plans ?? Seems like a good pet owner would welcome that pet into the home as a member of the family...AND protect it to their last breath..

That's us buddy. A clean warm house with more than enough cash, care and love to handle a dog. We've considered this for a year know and we're ready...

Sounds to me like youre angry at me because I won't go to the animal Nazi's to get one.
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

MAPearce wrote:The family has decide to adopt a dog... Why should I let some @$$hat from the SPCA decide how and when they'll rip my ,my wifes , or worse , my childrens hearts out ??

If the SPCA would have rather the old folks care for as many puupies as thet could and then throw the rest in a sack with a boulder in it and toss it into the lake instead of caring for the animal and the pups ,then letting them "re adopt, I think I'd be better off saving the life of a PUPPY MILL DOG..

I'll find one..There's gotta be more than one puppy mill around here.
AND cheaper than the SPCA

Puppy mills are bad for the animals. Buying from a puppy mill helps the puppy mill continue. Most animals in puppy mills are living in deplorable conditions and often have health issues due to inbreeding etc. They are terrible environments, there is a reason they are illegal and SPCA and other groups are trying to shut them down.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

How does the couple's decision to not spay their dog, the S.P.C.A.'s fault ?

And , Smoke, I clearly read that they didn't know the animal wasn't spayed.

Must be the fault of the shelter they adopted from.

Where does your anger comes from ?

From the very thought that this self righteous organization can do this to an animal...Which they proclaim to be the reason for their existance..AND your money.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

MAPearce wrote:And , Smoke, I clearly read that they didn't know the animal wasn't spayed.

Must be the fault of the shelter they adopted from.

It's not that hard to find out and then do something about it. Duh ...
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

It's not that hard to find out and then do something about it. Duh ...

Uh huh....It cost some money...unless you can tell an animal has had that surgery with your comic book xray goggles.

If an old boy and his Mrs.took the word of a shelter employee , let that be their fault. Some people still trust when they shouldn't

The dog shouldn't lose their home for it...

Or do you believe it should ?
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

MAPearce wrote:If an old boy and his Mrs.took the word of a shelter employee , let that be their fault. Some people still trust when they shouldn't

Are you saying that an employee told them that the dog was spayed ?
Link please ..
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

MAPearce wrote:I'm not angry lore ...Not at all..

when we get a pet , that we'll GLADLY pay for, who's the BEST vet for spaying/neutering and the shots ??

Know any that offer puppy health care plans ?? Seems like a good pet owner would welcome that pet into the home as a member of the family...AND protect it to their last breath..

That's us buddy. A clean warm house with more than enough cash, care and love to handle a dog. We've considered this for a year know and we're ready...

Sounds to me like youre angry at me because I won't go to the animal Nazi's to get one.

I don't care where you go to get a dog.
There are other dog rescue agency's around if your interest is in getting a rescue dog.
However, they will more than likely check you out and if you and
your family are not what would be best for the dog they may tell you no go.
Animal rescue groups unfortunately see alot of abuse, neglect and irresponsibiliy
from pet owners and their ultimate goal is to have the pets in a home that can take
care of all their needs hopefully for the pets life.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Are you saying that an employee told them that the dog was spayed ?
Link please ..

REALLY ??? I watched the one that was PROVIDED for me ... *personal attack removed*/ferri , pay attention..

http://www.chbcnews.ca/Pages/Story.aspx?id=6442779042

It's part of the VERY FIRST POST..

It's 10 pm . Do you know where your dog is ???

Return to “Central Okanagan”