No free rides, really?

kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: No free rides, really?

Post by kibbs »

still better than an hour wait for a cab..

the problem with cabs on high volume night are that the bars close too early .cabs cant keep up with the number of cabs there are.if the bars stayed open later the cabs could be better able to handle high volume on nights like nye.it would be politically incorrect to support high alcohol consumption .thus no free ride . apparently you can not be charged with impaired on a bicycle.only if it is an e bike.
Last edited by kibbs on Jan 7th, 2013, 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Peace be with you.
Bluer

Post by Bluer »

The bus service is fairly bad on said date too; they don't even run much past midnight, if I recall.

I know for a fact that it is due to lack of funding for city transit, which is an issue to be taken up with city hall.

The money is also there, but those who are catered to by municipal politics are not interested in having their money put toward services that only benefit others. They'd rather have money go toward widening clogged roads that wouldn't be so clogged if mass-transit wasn't associated with poor service, low socioeconomic status, and, well, those two items are enough to seal the deal. Ironic because things are only going to get worse.

At least a whiney yuppie or two probably went careening into a ravine because they had to get behind the wheel on a night that they should've been able to get a free ride home.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

the problem with cabs on high volume night are that the bars close too early .cabs cant keep up with the number of cabs there are.if the bars stayed open later the cabs could be better able to handle high volume on nights like nye.it would be politically incorrect to support high alcohol consumption .thus no free ride . apparently you can not be charged with impaired on a bicycle.only if it is an e bike.

Ummmmm ...NO.

If the bars closed at mid night , there wouldn't be enough cabs at mid night . If they closed at 5 am there STILL wouldn't be enough cabs...

When people decide to go home 40 mionutes before the bar closed , there will be enough cabs to handle the "rush " ..The only exception to this rule is New Years Eve and Hallowe'en.

Obviously kibbs , you've never sat behind the wheel of a cab on Leon st. on a Saturday night...or Friday ...wednesday..etc.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Obviously kibbs , you've never sat behind the wheel of a cab on Leon st. on a Saturday night...or Friday ...wednesday..etc.

wrong i drove cab in kelowna for four years ,the time they tried 4 am closing worked great, not everyone is done at 2 and they all want cabs but most everyone is done by 4,there were just a couple of stragglers left at 5 after four that weekend .it would also cut down on the violence at the "rush" because it eliminates it.it also cuts down on drunk driving because people have something to do while waiting for a cab and some place safe to go.if you make more cabs ,cabs starve competing on slow nights. your not allowed to stand on leon or lawrence.
Peace be with you.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

And you drove car # ????

We should know each other..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

you yellow white or blue i was white then blue then white. i've been out for three years ,had a couple of numbers .i owned blue 1 for awhile.i was never yellow.its a craaaazy business glad to be still alive. i've never ridden a bus in kelowna .the double deckers look cool .coming from hog town its like going from a Harley to a vespa .id rather cycle with a little buzz but not so much i can be arrested for being a nusance
Last edited by kibbs on Jan 7th, 2013, 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peace be with you.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

If I had a cab, it would be purple.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

If I had a cab, it would be purple.

then you would be apple workin for sammy
Peace be with you.
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

Captain Awesome wrote:If I had a cab, it would be purple.

Would you call it Barney?
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Hey, somebody stole my idea!
Attachments
purple-taxi-1024x768.jpg
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

where is that purple taxi from ?San Francisco ,not that there is any thing wrong with that.if your going to take your bike to the pub and call a cab home ,tell them you have a bike some cabs wont take them.
Peace be with you.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Purple Cab ... Affiliated with Yellow Cab as one of the most trusted names in the business since 1915 now serving Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake and McHenry Counties, Illinois

http://www.purplecab.com/
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

youd be waitin a lot ore than an hour for that cab . :offtopic: cook county should be a blues cab
Peace be with you.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Captain Awesome wrote:If I had a cab, it would be purple.

OOOOH go back Capt...

Purple's a trap...
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

MAPearce wrote:Ummmmm ...NO.

If the bars closed at mid night , there wouldn't be enough cabs at mid night . If they closed at 5 am there STILL wouldn't be enough cabs...

When people decide to go home 40 mionutes before the bar closed , there will be enough cabs to handle the "rush " ..The only exception to this rule is New Years Eve and Hallowe'en.

If the bars/clubs were allowed to stay open later, until lets say 400am or 500am, there won't be a sudden rush at any given time like 200am like there is now, people will simply trickle out the later it gets. Not saying that there will be enough cabs, but the volume of people requesting a cab will be more spread out through out the late hours as opposed to one big rush at closing time.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

Return to “Central Okanagan”