Crossroads Closing

cv23
Guru

Re: Crossroads Closing

Post by cv23 »

phasyluck wrote:This is a catch 22 discussion isn't it?

Not really.
Some of us are putting forward practical solutions to help Crossroads stay open while others are just whining that society should be responsible for paying for the bad personal choices some have made.
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Our government takes enough money on ALL levels to facilitate some funding to an organization like CR,(IMHO) I don't think people choose to be addicts and some people make poor choices in life. This is one reason we pay to live in such a great country isn't it?
Sure do love Rutland!!
GenuinelyInterested
Board Meister

Post by GenuinelyInterested »

Why not locate such a facility far out of the reach of temptation. Kelowna is well known for it's drug culture already. Why not have this facility, let's say, in Greenwood? Sure have a storefront intake office here in the downtown, but as soon as the client steps inside the door and completes the necessary paperwork, they are immediately loaded into a car and driven directly to the actual recovery facility.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Fancy wrote:No, it's not. This is a facility that will be missed by future clients, current clients and staff. Where's the equivalent and at what cost?

The issue is here is strictly financial.
Other equivalent facilities exist all over and even Crossroads admits that competition by these other facilities is one of the reasons they are in trouble.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

It's a non-profit organization that requires donations. Belly up.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

phasyluck wrote:Our government takes enough money on ALL levels to facilitate some funding to an organization like CR,(IMHO) I don't think people choose to be addicts and some people make poor choices in life. This is one reason we pay to live in such a great country isn't it?

Since the taxes collected are all spent and we run a deficit each year the only real way to increase funding to healthcare without cutting services elsewhere, like education, is to raise taxes. Obviously you are in favor of seeing your taxes increase to pay for the poor personal choices made by others.
Last edited by cv23 on Jan 12th, 2013, 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Fancy wrote:It's a non-profit organization that requires donations. Belly up.

Exactly!!!
If all those who feel the need to see this facility remain open simply wrote a cheque there wouldn't be a problem
Either that or see those that make use of the facilities services contribute in some way
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

phasyluck wrote:Our government takes enough money on ALL levels to facilitate some funding to an organization like CR,(IMHO)

Maybe you should actually know something about the topic before posting?
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

I'm just speaking off the top of my head...sorry if I'm not overly informed on the topic.
Sure do love Rutland!!
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

phasyluck wrote:I'm just speaking off the top of my head...sorry if I'm not overly informed on the topic.

No what your doing is trolling
Actually reading the thread, or at least the first few posts isn't rocket science or all that difficult
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

No my opinion is just what it is, our society is very wealthy so why not share the wealth to better our society?
Sure do love Rutland!!
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

phasyluck wrote:No my opinion is just what it is, our society is very wealthy so why not share the wealth to better our society?

Obviously you don't have any idea of what our provincial, or national, debts not wealth are do you?
If you are wealthy and feel the urge write Crossroads a cheque, I'm sure they'll accept it
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Oh I'm not welathy just a blue collar tradesperson, but I'm not blind. Open your eyes and look around.
Sure do love Rutland!!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Read up on non-profit societies.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Isn't ICBC meant to be non profit? Off topic I know but think about it.
Sure do love Rutland!!

Return to “Central Okanagan”