Übergod

Re: Crossroads Closing

Post by logman »

Closing Crossroads is a HUGE mistake.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Queen K wrote:Ms. B, please tell us what Newgate Apts. are, I've haven't been able to keep up with all the news.

http://www.jhscso.bc.ca/newgate_apartments.html
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Seven million for only 49 lousy units? For seven million are they gold plating the faucetts?

Awful.

Five million okay, and bail out Crossroads. Now that would be co-operation!
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
rideforever
Übergod

Post by rideforever »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/200 ... ategy.html
Treasury Board documents show 73 per cent of the $368 million spent on targeting illicit drugs in 2004-2005 went toward law enforcement initiatives.The remainder was split among treatment (14 per cent), research (seven per cent), prevention (2.6 per cent) and harm-reduction programs (2.6 per cent).

Fighting the supply seems like the least efficient way to reduce drug use. I thinking fighting the demand is a much more efficient approach. And much less evil since its based on helping people instead of fighting them, which sadly I think is the reason things are currently so *bleep* backwards.

Some people, specially the conservatives would rather fight people than help people who dont deserve help. It doesnt even seem to matter that the people they are fighting arent always that bad or deserving of punishment.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Why can't some of that 14 percent be thrown at Crossroads here in Kelowna? And I see the prevention is super low, but does not prevention start at home and with the individual?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
johnhenry
Übergod

Post by johnhenry »

How about using the confiscated cash from all the busts they make?
Words out of your mouth are like bullets out of a gun.
Once they are out, you can't take them back.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Yes, where does that money go? After the trial that is.

Drug addicts paying for the recovery of drug addicts who are willing to go into recovery seems like the best ironic reward.

Please JohnHenry, stop making so much sense.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Maybe the HSBC Bank should have to finance it.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=48526
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Bsuds, please, the shareholders will be up in arms.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

johnhenry wrote:How about using the confiscated cash from all the busts they make?

best idea yet,johnhenry
or kids please do not do drugs
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GardenMum
Board Meister

Post by GardenMum »

I am very frusterated with this story, and have written to our local MLA, minister of health, minister of finance, Premier and Prime Minister. Sitting on Castanet and bitching about it is good conversation, but get your voice out to where it's important!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Good point Gardenmum.
johnhenry
Übergod

Post by johnhenry »

Queen K wrote:Yes, where does that money go? After the trial that is.

Drug addicts paying for the recovery of drug addicts who are willing to go into recovery seems like the best ironic reward.

Please JohnHenry, stop making so much sense.

I was not referring to the addicts themselves, but the dealers. What will happen to the 2 million they just got in Osoyoos?
Words out of your mouth are like bullets out of a gun.
Once they are out, you can't take them back.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Should the taxpayers be throwing more money at this before a review of operations is conducted? Shades of Attawapiskat, maybe?

Is CR being operated efficiently?

Before the dumptruck full of tax dollars is dumped into it, we should be sure it is operating properly. Too often the "easy" solution is to throw more money into something that is a big waste of resources.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Um, JohnHenry, the dealers got the money from addicts. That's how I got my logic, the addicts money into the dealer hands, whom are busted and now the (addicts) money is sitting doing nothing but used as evidence. And where does it go?

I think we are on the same page anyways.

Return to “Central Okanagan”