Crossroads Closing

cv23
Guru

Re: Crossroads Closing

Post by cv23 »

WhatThe wrote:Christ, now some of you want patients to shovel the side walks and take out the garbage? Unbelievable.

Yup , If they want a roof over their head, three square meals a day and treatment they better be prepared to help pay for it in some way not just sit back and expect others to pay their way through life.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

I know WhatThe...some people are so very mean and cruel...total insane convo going on here
joer2012
Fledgling

Post by joer2012 »

WhatThe wrote:Christ, now some of you want patients to shovel the side walks and take out the garbage? Unbelievable.

It's not a five star hotel. There's a harsh new economic reality you may not of heard about. Something like the school of hard knocks. Can society continue to carry these operations like we have in the past?

The free market and the decisions of the facility managers, owners, patients and their network will decide the outcome. Seems to me they have just given up with no fight or hunger in their bellies.

One basic question: how does a not for profit get over 1$m in the hole? Bad management?
AB oil patch worker
Sunshine Tax Rebate recipient
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

cv23 wrote:But the unions would never allow such things yet they are among the first ones to cry when a facility closes due to high overheads.

Bingo! The union interference that I referred to above.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

I don't even know why I bother, the stigmatisation, elitism, marginalization and out right ignorance abounds here.

All you guys want do is pull the rug out from underneath those that need help because they are beneath you and somehow less of a person than you because they have health issue. That is the truth. Just like the way you point and laugh at the ugly or fat or infirm. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Sitting on one's *bleep* watching a union employee mow the lawn helps vulnerable people feel self-worth in what way, exactly?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

joer2012 wrote:
It's not a five star hotel. There's a harsh new economic reality you may not of heard about. Something like the school of hard knocks. Can society continue to carry these operations like we have in the past?

The free market and the decisions of the facility managers, owners, patients and their network will decide the outcome. Seems to me they have just given up with no fight or hunger in their bellies.

One basic question: how does a not for profit get over 1$m in the hole? Bad management?

If you had any idea how anaemically underfunded mental health is you wouldn't even have posted this.
You have absolutely zero... ZERO idea about what you're talking about, which is typical in this board.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

WhatThe wrote:I don't even know why I bother, the stigmatisation, elitism, marginalization and out right ignorance abounds here. All you guys want do is pull the rug out from underneath those that need help because they are beneath you and somehow less of a person than you because they have health issue. That is the truth. Just like the way you point and laugh at the ugly or fat or infirm. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

So let's all do nothing for ourselves and sit on our arses and collect welfare. Just how long do you think there will be a welfare system without self contribution ?????
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

WhatThe wrote:If you had any idea how anaemically underfunded mental health is you wouldn't even have posted this.
You have absolutely zero... ZERO idea about what you're talking about, which is typical in this board.

Well you have shown us you know absolutely nothing about how the world works. Just where is the money to fund healthcare going to come from if we all do nothing and sit on welfare as you profess should be the case?
joer2012
Fledgling

Post by joer2012 »

WhatThe wrote:I don't even know why I bother, the stigmatisation, elitism, marginalization and out right ignorance abounds here.

All you guys want do is pull the rug out from underneath those that need help because they are beneath you and somehow less of a person than you because they have health issue. That is the truth. Just like the way you point and laugh at the ugly or fat or infirm. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

Nope, you're just sitting at one extreme end of a polarized discussion unwilling to see that there are most likely some good reasons and issues as to why this unit is closing. Care to explore things and look at alternatives would help. Feeding more funds to this insatiable money pit is not the answer.

Explore bad management.
Explore alternate labour relations
Explore poor financial acumen
Explore where the money goes
Explore other self financing/fundraising methods
Explore how long the debt had accrued and why action was delayed to address same
Explore why so many Okanagan people are strung out on substances

etc

Modern life is harsh. When life gets harsh people tend to be much less sympathetic to deviancy and often self inflicted woes.
AB oil patch worker
Sunshine Tax Rebate recipient
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

WhatThe wrote:

If you had any idea how anaemically underfunded mental health is you wouldn't even have posted this.

Yet they are the FIRST ones to yell and scream, "LOCK 'EM UP AND THROW AWAY THE KEY!!!"

When there are more cost effective ways of avoiding LOCKING THEM UP! Like Cross Roads, like front line mental health workers, programs that actually help instead of punish. Oh well, maybe eventually 'they' will get it..
Chill
Dash5
Übergod

Post by Dash5 »

SurplusElect wrote:They hang dealers in Texas and I can get drugs anywhere in that state. Try again.

No, no they don't.

The last hanging by the state of Texas took place in 1923. The death penalty in Texas is administered by lethal injection. With one exception, the only crime for which the death penalty can be assessed is "capital murder". The Texas Penal Code also allows for the death penalty to be assessed for "aggravated sexual assault of child committed by someone previously convicted of aggravated sexual assault of child". The statute remains part of the Penal Code; however, the Supreme Court of the United States's decision in Kennedy v. Louisiana which outlawed the death penalty for any crime not involving murder nullifies its effect.
ETA: "From Wikipedia"

Unless your Texas drug dealer is also a murderer they won't be facing the death penalty. Try again.
Last edited by Dash5 on Jan 10th, 2013, 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

cv23 wrote:Yup , If they want a roof over their head, three square meals a day and treatment they better be prepared to help pay for it in some way not just sit back and expect others to pay their way through life.

Ya sure, you remember that when you need health care... And you will at some point. You only get it if you wash the dishes and do the laundry and not recover from your affliction.

Don't you see how completely out Of touch and elitist you sound? As if you're the model of health and will never need to be hospitalised or need a doctor.

And I'm sorry you can read cV, who said anything about welfare? You can read the facts for yourself, the studies exist and hav been proven in the real world - fund treatment , reduce judicial costs
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

flamingfingers wrote:Yet they are the FIRST ones to yell and scream, "LOCK 'EM UP AND THROW AWAY THE KEY!!!"
When there are more cost effective ways of avoiding LOCKING THEM UP! Like Cross Roads, like front line mental health workers, programs that actually help instead of punish. Oh well, maybe eventually 'they' will get it..

Again, the answer is simple and well within your power and capabilities to do, write a cheque.
If you feel healthcare is under funded then give them all your funds to help correct the problem.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

[quote=] to deviancy and often self inflicted woes.[/quote]
You just called people with mental health disease and disorder deviants once again proving you know nothing about the subject. Statistically speaking , 1in 4 Canadians are deviants then and not worthy of health care.

Crossroads and Phoenix centre in kamloops are run on shoestring budgets because so many think like you do, with no facts just emotional ideological rhetoric.

Return to “Central Okanagan”