Crossroads Closing

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Crossroads Closing

Post by Fancy »

You're right - it is off topic.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

phasyluck wrote:Oh I'm not welathy just a blue collar tradesperson, but I'm not blind. Open your eyes and look around.

Ever increasing taxes, vacant stores, high unemployment, increasing bankruptcies and foreclosures on family homes. Yup we're all so wealthy that we all can afford to help those who won't contribute to helping themselves.
If you were actually even slightly informed on the topic you would know Crossroads is already almost solely funded through taxes. The only ways to increase the funding is to see cuts elsewhere or to raise taxes. Which is your preference seeing you don't want to personally contribute directly to Crossroads?
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Well clearly raising taxes isn't the answer and I think we all know that. Reallocation of tax dollars is the answer but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be happening.
Sure do love Rutland!!
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

phasyluck wrote:Well clearly raising taxes isn't the answer and I think we all know that. Reallocation of tax dollars is the answer but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be happening.

Reallocation from where? Education, policing, other areas of healthcare?????
How about having those who use the service contribute directly to it in some way?
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Thats starts from the top which would be the government, I don't know what else to say.
Sure do love Rutland!!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Did they apply for grants?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

phasyluck wrote:Thats starts from the top which would be the government, I don't know what else to say.

Do you actually think those working in government are going to take cuts in pay in order to treat addicts any more than you would take a similar cut in your pay to do the same?
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Okay you kinda made me laugh there, obviously the government won't take pay cuts. They vote for their own raises for christ sake! And I took enough of a pay cut in Kelowna that's why I left.
Sure do love Rutland!!
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

phasyluck wrote:Okay you kinda made me laugh there, obviously the government won't take pay cuts. They vote for their own raises for christ sake! And I took enough of a pay cut in Kelowna that's why I left.

Why haven't they already taken cuts? Do you think they'll vote themselves a pay cut. Did you?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Oh sorry to barge in on your Union Bash Fest but maybe you should be reinformed on what happened to IH workers working in the healthcare field, tho not exactly of Crossroads fare, but similar. The government did not cut the wages, they cut the hours. Now IH workers are bidding on 5 hour lines, that's 7 am to 12 pm with "top up", that's anything needed after five hours a person has an option to take. Most full time jobs were cut into these part timers. What it means of course is people are constantly saying, "I can pay my expenses but have about $45 left at the end of the paycheque for two weeks."

There you see cv23, you can rest easy now. I'm sure you're happy.

Maybe Crossroad employees should have taken hour cuts or be paid slight more than a burger flipper at McDs.

You pick.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Queen K wrote:Maybe Crossroad employees should have taken hour cuts or be paid slight more than a burger flipper at McDs.
You pick.

Eating at McDonalds or not is as much a personal choice a becoming a patient at Crossroads is or isn't. People pay for what McDonalds serves thus contributing to the facilities overheads yet those that use Crossroads services pay nothing towards overheads. Mcdonalds is profitable and Crossroads couldn't survive two seconds with out government funding and $20/hr + benefits is not even close to "slightly more" than McDonalds so I fail to see your comparison.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Aren't you calling for wage cut backs? The greedy unions wouldn't tolerate a wage cutback?
I'm telling you there are other methods of cutbacks other than just wage cutbacks, why don't you get it? You don't want to get it?

From $20 bucks/hour, what would be good to you?

$15.00?

Less? Or More than that, considering those people have to have extensive training.

$18.00? Is $2.00 less/hour a deep enough cut?

And yes, I get it. Self inflicted blah blah, but do you go to a person in a wheelchair who got there through speeding and start with the "self-inflicted" routine and therefore should not get disability? Or EI if their sudden departure from work due to car crash speeding related injuries? Self inflicted remember? Maybe you could be judge and jury for everyone with self inflicted stamped on their forehead?

Didn't save enough for retirement? Sorry Gramps, your city benefit of being able to forgo your property taxes (at a cost of owing your property to the city after death) is revoked. We cant' carry you anymore.

Self inflicted.

How far do you want to go with the self infliced routine?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Queen K wrote:Aren't you calling for wage cut backs?

Nope
My suggestions have been that users start to contribute in someway to their stay at the facility or that those who feel so strongly the facility remain open write some cheques.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Queen K wrote:
And yes, I get it. Self inflicted blah blah, but do you go to a person in a wheelchair who got there through speeding and start with the "self-inflicted" routine and therefore should not get disability? Or EI if their sudden departure from work due to car crash speeding related injuries? Self inflicted remember? Maybe you could be judge and jury for everyone with self inflicted stamped on their forehead?
Didn't save enough for retirement? Sorry Gramps, your city benefit of being able to forgo your property taxes (at a cost of owing your property to the city after death) is revoked. We cant' carry you anymore.
Self inflicted.
How far do you want to go with the self infliced routine?

That depends on how far you plan on carrying on with this "Oh woe is me. I have no self control and have made bad personal choices so society give me a free ride" routine?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I see you've skirted the issue of what you think a fair wage rollback would be for qualified professionals who spent thousands getting their social work degrees.

And what routine? You've been hammering on the "self-inflicted" soap box, not me. And does ALL of Kelowna already know that drug and alcohol abuse is self-inflicted? Sure, sure, well maybe a few didn't.

So what's your best guess for wages?

Return to “Central Okanagan”