Crossroads Closing

Alvis
Board Meister

Re: Crossroads Closing

Post by Alvis »

theyeti wrote:i think the problem is society needs to change a bit too. the addicts may be a sign of larger deeper problems .
still think crossroads was a respectable facility and i personally thank any who worked there or gave money or time to keep it open .

Yes it is a sign of a larger bigger problem.
No matter what you decide to do, it will cost you. If we ignore, then we have increased crime, propertyinsurancee premiums etc.
We have plenty of money for Christy Clark to spend $500,000 a year (and now they are trying to cover it up firing the Auditor General....right), on tax payer dime to have fancy hotels, meals and trips to the spa YET we can't ensure the well being of people in our community? Christy's expensive wine is more important than treating these people and getting them back to being productive members of our community? I see lots of complaining about how these people are anchors around the neck and other abusive, derisive things but nobody see's the value in cleaning them up and making them productive? Once you fall through the cracks, to Hell with you so I have somebody to complain about?

You people make me sick.
Man can now fly in the air like a bird, swim under the ocean like a fish, he can burrow into the ground like a mole. Now if only he could walk the earth like a man, this would be paradise.
Tommy Douglas
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

Who makes you sick?
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

lotta junkies gonna be getting sick lol k that was mean .

sorry mods .

anyways crossroads will be missed by the ppl who need it .

can the city or province or whoever is in care of such important matters set some other program up cheaper ?? can they do it fast ?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Does anyone here have actual knowledge of how the Kamloops model for kicking drug addiction works? How is their facility funded and how is it kept going in a professional manner?

And I must say, for all of Kelowna's whoha on how great we are and blah blah blah, the only great thing here is kicking the poor down further and harder.

Closed: Drop-In Center, Women's Center and now, Crossroads. Wow!
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Alvis
Board Meister

Post by Alvis »

Queen K wrote:Does anyone here have actual knowledge of how the Kamloops model for kicking drug addiction works? How is their facility funded and how is it kept going in a professional manner?

And I must say, for all of Kelowna's whoha on how great we are and blah blah blah, the only great thing here is kicking the poor down further and harder.

Closed: Drop-In Center, Women's Center and now, Crossroads. Wow!

It is embarrassing, isn't it?
It is like these people get a kick out of looking down or picking on these people.
Man can now fly in the air like a bird, swim under the ocean like a fish, he can burrow into the ground like a mole. Now if only he could walk the earth like a man, this would be paradise.
Tommy Douglas
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

i understand the hard liners stance on this . to a point they r rite .

however if one only thinks of them selves that is a pathetic way to live ..

society measures a man by how he treats the weakest members of the community .
GardenMum
Board Meister

Post by GardenMum »

And now the report comes out that Kelowna has the highest level of drunk drivers, but yes let's close the only treatment center left that's affordable in town!
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

GardenMum wrote:And now the report comes out that Kelowna has the highest level of drunk drivers, but yes let's close the only treatment center left that's affordable in town!

If an alcoholic has enough money for a car and insurance then they have enough money to at least contribute something financally to their treatment and not be looking for a free handout from the taxpayers.
Maybe the government should confiscate the vehicles of all impaired drivers and sell them at auction to help pay for facilities like Crossroads?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Was Crossroads mandatory in sentencing drunk drivers or did anyone charged with drunk driving admit to an addiction and made use of that facility? If not, then I don't see the relevance.
GardenMum wrote:And now the report comes out that Kelowna has the highest level of drunk drivers, but yes let's close the only treatment center left that's affordable in town!
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Alvis
Board Meister

Post by Alvis »

cv23 wrote:If an alcoholic has enough money for a car and insurance then they have enough money to at least contribute something financally to their treatment and not be looking for a free handout from the taxpayers.
Maybe the government should confiscate the vehicles of all impaired drivers and sell them at auction to help pay for facilities like Crossroads?

right...

...and if a junkiehas enough money to score their next hit then they can use that money for treatment. That plan has been working so well.......
Tommy Douglas
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Alvis wrote:...and if a junkiehas enough money to score their next hit then they can use that money for treatment. That plan has been working so well.......
Isn't that what they would be doing if admitted at Crossroads?
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Alvis wrote:right......and if a junkiehas enough money to score their next hit then they can use that money for treatment. That plan has been working so well.......

So what's your plan? Keep raising taxes for everyone in order to pay for poor personal choices made by a few?
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

This is a catch 22 discussion isn't it?
Sure do love Rutland!!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

phasyluck wrote:This is a catch 22 discussion isn't it?

No, it's not. This is a facility that will be missed by future clients, current clients and staff. Where's the equivalent and at what cost?
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

I agree with you completely.
Sure do love Rutland!!

Return to “Central Okanagan”