Kelowna worst in Canada for drunk driving rates

theyeti
Übergod

Re: Kelowna worst in Canada for drunk driving rates

Post by theyeti »

dont drink and drive
Last edited by theyeti on Jan 14th, 2013, 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Been tried - didn't work

Why? how hard did the try? its a hard town .
Peace be with you.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

If people aren't interested - they're not interested.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

i think if the money was put into fun things that are on trend ,you could draw a young crowd to something without booze.
WARNING half naked young people dancing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiAos0Ump6c
Peace be with you.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

ppl who dont wanna drink can still go to clubs now most of em choose not to bother .
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

kibbs wrote:i think if the money was put into fun things that are on trend ,you could draw a young crowd to something without booze.

So did someone else and found out they were wrong.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

ppl who dont wanna drink can still go to clubs now most of em choose not to bother

i dont go because of the people who over drink are SCARY!!!! We need a counter no alcohol culture to build.its got enuf church kids how hard can it be?
Peace be with you.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

its tuff bro my sister is 17 she is a computer nerd kids r different now
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

kibbs wrote:i think if the money was put into fun things that are on trend ,you could draw a young crowd to something without booze.

kibbs wrote: how hard did the try?

You seem to have no issue with spending others money on your ideas or on ideas others have tried and found unsuccessful.
If the ideas are sound why don't you spend your money on them and make money for yourself or find investors to share the profits with?
Either way you profit and the community gains a service you see as much needed or necessary and is profitable.
Another idea might be form a real non profit group and apply for a grant from the City. They are giving out over $100k in community grants. I would suggest however you drop your belief that "people are just looking for a place to enjoy their drugs" as that will win you no support anywhere except from the druggies and not from the "church kids" and their families you say are so plentiful.
Last edited by cv23 on Jan 14th, 2013, 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

That was the problem at the "dry" establishment from what I can remember.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

You seem to have no issue with spending others money on your ideas or on ideas others have tried and found unsuccessful.
If the ideas are sound why don't you spend your money on them and make money for yourself or find investors to share the profits with?
Either way you profit and the community gains a service you see as much needed or necessary and is profitable.
Another idea might be form a real non profit group and apply for a grant from the City. They are giving out over $100k in community grants. I would suggest however you drop your belief that "people are just looking for a place to enjoy their drugs" as that will win you no support anywhere except from the druggies and not from the "church kids" and their families you say are so plentiful.

Just throwin it out there .no charge,one too many project for me .The drug comment was sarcastic, not meant with seriousness Its more of a concept from my youth. kelowna is weird and changing ,you never know what or when it could work.
Peace be with you.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Until people start being more responsible, there wouldn't be a hope to have a dry establishment work. Go to church - lots of socials there.
Tero
Board Meister

Post by Tero »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:tero,
do you really feel that your suggestions are a solution and would compliment/enhance kelowna's tourism industry?
and do you feel that it would be ok for a person, lets say a young female, to wait for a cab?

is NOT drinking and driving a solution to the drinking and driving issue? Yep, that seems pretty cut and dried to me...

If a young female feels she's responsible enough to go out drinking, she should be responsible enough to have thought out transport home. Be it a DD, or a cab. If the issue is having to wait an after after the bar closes, then she should call the cab BEFORE last call. This is not rocket science, it's RESPONSIBILITY.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

Just a reminder:Any off topic comments will result in a 7- day ban.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Tero wrote:is NOT drinking and driving a solution to the drinking and driving issue? Yep, that seems pretty cut and dried to me...

If a young female feels she's responsible enough to go out drinking, she should be responsible enough to have thought out transport home. Be it a DD, or a cab. If the issue is having to wait an after after the bar closes, then she should call the cab BEFORE last call. This is not rocket science, it's RESPONSIBILITY.

If Kelowna is the worst for drunk driving rates, what can be done other than stiffer penalties? I see no other viable solution.

Return to “Central Okanagan”