Okanagan Wolf Kill

wcasako

Re: Okanagan Wolf Kill

Post by wcasako »

Graham Adder wrote:Thank you for sharing your opinion.
It's more than an opinion.
Killing animals is one component of wildlife management - can you provide an example of a species that has been extirpated when managed through science based practices?
If you didn't keep messing with nature, you wouldn't need to keep tweaking the mess you've made.
Also, whether an animal is put into a human mouth after it is killed has nothing to do with conservation. I never said nor insinuated that whether or not an animal ends up in a human mouth has anything to do with conservation. Once an snimal has been removed from a population, what happens to the carcass is irrelevant to the continued viability of the population. Eating an animal after death is a value decision and everyone is welcome to establish their own values and ethics. Again, if you would stop playing "The Omnipotent One" with nature, you wouldn't have to keep trying to tweak your way out of the mess your ignorant, selfish and arrogant ideals have created. My values are based around treating the planet and those within it with a level of respect long overdue. Put your science magazines back in the rack and put your ear to the ground. You'd be surprised what you can hear if you only listen.

Thank you for your comments. Some interesting points for all to ponder.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Fisher-Dude wrote:You obviously don't know about the running of huge herds of buffalo over cliffs by natives then, Zzz. Hundreds were killed in a single herding.

And what if I kill a wolf or a deer with my crossbow, a weapon that has existed for 2,000+ years? Traditional enough for you?

The Canadian courts have ruled that the type of weapon used to hunt has evolved along with humans, and makes no difference to the traditional practice of hunting. See any case brought against natives for sustenance hunting - the use of firearms instead of bows and arrows does not change the traditional rights.

And a wiki-list? Are you kidding?

If you think the natives ran buffalo over cliffs for the same reason white men wiped almost wiped out the buffalo with their rifles, then I guess we must have had different history teachers. If you kill a deer with your crossbow and get a good supply of meat to eat, you're hunting traditionally. If you kill a deer and all you want is the rack, you're hunting for sport. If you don't believe that hunting can be a sport, google "sport hunting" and see if anything comes up.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
tazmandew
Fledgling

Post by tazmandew »

weblogowolves-276x300.png
Attachments
23h7evp.jpg
imtrouble

Post by imtrouble »

it was there home first
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

tazmandew wrote:
weblogowolves-276x300.png

Wow, talk about sensationalism. Too bad for you, there's no wolf hunting season during welping that would result in the situation that you're trying to use to tug on people's emotions. And, someone better get their spell-checker out, because that drivel is rife with errors, in more than just its faulty hypothesis. Pure garbage, and very typical of those who look to use emotion instead of science.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

re:tazmando's posted images:
Fisher-Dude wrote:Wow, talk about sensationalism. Too bad for you, there's no wolf hunting season during welping that would result in the situation that you're trying to use to tug on people's emotions. And, someone better get their spell-checker out, because that drivel is rife with errors, in more than just its faulty hypothesis. Pure garbage, and very typical of those who look to use emotion instead of science.

I agree that this is sensationalism.
I agree that timing is not aligned as for depiction versus hunt.
I agree that the images have been set to instigate human emotion.
I'll add that it is wrong to humanize any animal, as they certainly do not "think" as we humans do.

I don't agree with the insinuation I am reading into your last line, which indicates to me that your belief is that science tells us the answers we need to know.
Science is nothing more than another belief system, and although often it can be used to support fact(s), there are many more theories and hypothesis existing that have no more fact based foundation than the images of which you are offended.

I choose to believe in the powers of humanity and nature...more than science.
I also believe that were it not for control freaks running the curtains...this show would go on a lot longer.
In the end...our end...will come at the hands of some @#$%*bleep* with his finger on a button controlling us marionettes to our bitter demise all on account of their belief.
In the end, our end will be on account of your science.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

^^^ I think, as you bite into your hamburger tonight, you need to do some soul-searching.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

Rwede wrote:^^^ I think, as you bite into your hamburger tonight, you need to do some soul-searching.

I'm very selective about my food sources and the way I treat the environment.
Your barking up the wrong tree here Dick...or is that "Christy"?

Return to “Central Okanagan”