Okanagan Wolf Kill

mexi cali
Guru

Re: Okanagan Wolf Kill

Post by mexi cali »

I guess then my question would be that with numbers of "100-150" being the size of the population, who decides that that is problematic? And based on what?

It doesn't sound like many too me especially given what many other posters have stated, that being that they are hard to pin down and contact with them is almost non-existent?
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

There's been lots of information in the news. BC Ministry of Forest, Lands and National Resource Operations puts out the hunting regulations.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

mexicalidreamer wrote:I guess then my question would be that with numbers of "100-150" being the size of the population, who decides that that is problematic? And based on what?

It doesn't sound like many too me especially given what many other posters have stated, that being that they are hard to pin down and contact with them is almost non-existent?

The Ministry never said it's problematic. It's large enough for a sustainable hunt, that's all, and that's why there is a hunt. The number of wolves will likely double in the next few years even with the hunting season. The hunting season won't change the numbers at all.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I find the term "recreational" very offensive when it is attached to killing and not volleyball or pick up hockey.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I don't - hunting for a living as opposed to hunting for any other reason.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

mexicalidreamer wrote:I find the term "recreational" very offensive when it is attached to killing and not volleyball or pick up hockey.

Why do you dine on a steak at a restaurant?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Give it a rest. That's the hunters go to argument and it holds no water.
wcasako

Post by wcasako »

Mexicalidreamer - why do you kill animals and destroy habitat? Seriously - no joke - why do you?
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I think you have the wrong guy pardner. I'm the one against it whose getting beat by the pro hunters/cullers
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

I guess it's okay to wish death on people, but it's not okay to hunt animals in a sustainable, science-based hunt.

mexicalidreamer wrote:I would like to see them tied to the grill of that overpriced Dodge and run into a tree.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
wcasako

Post by wcasako »

mexicalidreamer wrote:I think you have the wrong guy pardner. I'm the one against it whose getting beat by the pro hunters/cullers

I have the right person. You present a world where humans operate externally from "nature" - this is impossible; you do not live this way, yet you direct others to do so.

We exist on Earth, we draw on resources and we kill animals to survive - I do and so do you. Your comments toward those able to accept the death of an animal are hypocritical and discount your argument.

It is apparent you have not read the entire thread.

We unfortunately are at the point that I predicted in my January 12 post.

If your passion and energy could be directed to a cause more beneficial than rants against hunters, we could all accomplish great things in conservation. Unfortunately history has shown you will prefer to spend your time slandering others, rather than educating yourself and moving forward constructively and cooperatively.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

First. That has nothing to do with this thread.

Second. That goes with what I did state as to how I feel about the human race in general and third, that's likely the mildest sentiment I have expressed. You should read some of my other posts when it comes to rapists and murderers. Now some of those are nasty.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The wolf population isn't going to be eliminated. Hunting is considered a sport and there are laws and requirements to be adhered to.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

have the right person. You present a world where humans operate externally from "nature" No I don't. I propose a world where animals are not hunted for sport or "culled" out of fear or for a warped sense of entitlement. - this is impossible; you do not live this way, yet you direct others to do so. I, if I was going to direct anyone to operate in any way, it would be to show respect and lose the superiority beliefs the human race has fostered over centuries of mismanagement and failed stewardship.

We exist on Earth, we draw on resources and we kill animals to survive - I do and so do you. Your comments toward those able to accept the death of an animal are hypocritical and discount your argument. I don't kill animals to survive but I ingest them because my physiology is such that I require sustenance in this form. That does not make me a hypocrite. I am against hunting except in cases where the meat is required for survival. Most hunters do not hunt for that reason. They hunt for what they call sport under the guise of necessity. We as a society would condemn a person who would willfully harm an animal if we felt it was malicious but it's OK to look down the scope of a rifle and kill a defenseless animal that we do not need to kill because we think we are entitled to do so.

Return to “Central Okanagan”