Drunken Landscaper Rams Member

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Drunken Landscaper Rams Member

Post by Fancy »

Hard to beat runnning a red light.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

Fancy wrote:Hard to beat runnning a red light.

Who saw him run the red light? I know that is what was reported but the only witnesses reported were ones that heard the accident and came out to see what happened.

besides, sober people run red lights all the time I see it almost every day.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Running red lights and t-boning vehicles you see every day? Wow. The driver also attempted to get away but his truck wouldn't allow him - oh he'll get his day in court but the evidence is there as to what happened.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

cutter7 wrote:My point is, you already have him guilty and he's not been to court yet other than that I am curious as to his level of impairment.

The reason I am curious is because I want to know if his impairment falls in the gray area or if he was way over the limit.

His level of impairment if in the gray area will raise a whole bunch of other questions such as maybe making alcohol zero tolerance while driving.

A higher reading will lead to a heavier sentence......

Or maybe he beats the charges... who knows? like I said I am curious.

Yeah, because being *bleep* and driving is no problem at all compared to being really *bleep* and driving. Good grief.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

Fancy wrote:Running red lights and t-boning vehicles you see every day? Wow. The driver also attempted to get away but his truck wouldn't allow him - oh he'll get his day in court but the evidence is there as to what happened.

Nice try, I said I see people run red lights every day... now who saw this guy do it? if you watch the video the first person on the scene said the cop didn't have a clue what happened.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

Read again rwede, I said if he was in the gray area that might open another box of worms such as reducing the acceptable alcohol intake to zero.

Am I wrong to believe a driver who is in the gray area does not face criminal charges and a person over .08 does?
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

cutter7 wrote:
Who saw him run the red light? I know that is what was reported but the only witnesses reported were ones that heard the accident and came out to see what happened.

besides, sober people run red lights all the time I see it almost every day.

That's the beuaty of it , If you are drunk it doesn't matter who ran the red light , you are going down.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

If anyone was watching the news last night regarding the impaired driver who hit that lady and her 4 year old son last year resulting in the boys death.

The lawyer for the defense is arguing for a light sentence due to the fact that the lady was jay walking and his client was only slightly impaired with a reading of .11

Regardless of any posters opinion on these boards the level of impairment might make a difference in court.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

cutter7 wrote:If anyone was watching the news last night regarding the impaired driver who hit that lady and her 4 year old son last year resulting in the boys death.

The lawyer for the defense is arguing for a light sentence due to the fact that the lady was jay walking and his client was only slightly impaired with a reading of .11

Regardless of any posters opinion on these boards the level of impairment might make a difference in court.

Yes, the same driver who had a roadside suspension just a month before killing the little boy, *bleep* to the gills at almost 50% over the legal limit.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

cutter7 wrote:Nice try, I said I see people run red lights every day... now who saw this guy do it? if you watch the video the first person on the scene said the cop didn't have a clue what happened.

Usually law abiding citizens involved in a true "accident" wouldn't try and flee the scene. I think that says a lot about that driver and what happened.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

It does sunny then again we only have 1 witness so far and we are not judges... the suspect could easily say he was trying to move his vehicle to a safer position .

Again, all we know is what has been reported and we have no actual witness to the accident that i've seen or heard of
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

cutter7 wrote:It does sunny then again we only have 1 witness so far and we are not judges... the suspect could easily say he was trying to move his vehicle to a safer position .

Again, all we know is what has been reported and we have no actual witness to the accident that i've seen or heard of

Do you really think those lame excuses will fly in a court of law? Why are you defending a drunk driver that nearly killed someone? Do you hate cops THAT much? :137:
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

Yes, the same driver who had a roadside suspension just a month before killing the little boy, *bleep* to the gills at almost 50% over the legal limit.

That's the one! He only has his "N" license which states zero alcohol yet he still had his license when that lady walked her boy in front of his car.

Anyway, as you can see by following that trial the level of impairment might be a factor to consider.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

... the suspect could easily say he was trying to move his vehicle to a safer position
That wouldn't help his case at all.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

Rwede ? what do my feelings about police have to do with this thread?

What comments have I made that support the impaired driver? I am merely pointing out that things are not so cut and dry regarding your opinions when it comes to making these charges stick.

I have pointed out a recent and relevant case that shows you the level of impairment can and is used as an excuse contrary to your statements.

Return to “Central Okanagan”