Westbank Dog Owners

H+E O

Westbank Dog Owners

Post by H+E O »

Hello,

I am a concerned pet owner... A few weeks ago I was at the dog park. To make a long story short... An aggressive middle-aged male approached my dog, took her by the collar lifting her into the air and struck her repeatedly in the face with his hand. This abuse has not been sitting well with me. My dog whimpered during the attack and did nothing to defend herself as she is a gentle dog.
Unfortunately with the way the man was faced away from me and the distance between us I was unable to put a stop to the attack on my dog before it started. It didn't last long as I was able to approach the man and did manage to get him to back away.
I will not say anything further about the circumstance other than please be well aware of other dogs and owners in the West Kelowna community, more specifically in the Westbank Center Dog Park.
Animal abuse should not be tolerated in any circumstance, as this is not appropriate.

Thank you.
Amarow121
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Westbank Dog Owners

Post by Amarow121 »

Description of this guy?
Or what sort of dog he has?
Yikes!
juz516
Board Meister

Post by juz516 »

Can there not be charges in a case like this?? What the H is wrong with someone like that? Did you report him??
sassybee
Board Meister

Post by sassybee »

That's very unfortunate. I would come unglued if someone started hitting my dog. Do you know what prompted him to start abusing your dog? It would be nice to have a description of this guy's dog, so we can keep our animals safe.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Could your dog do anything to justify guy's reaction?
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

sassybee wrote:That's very unfortunate. I would come unglued if someone started hitting my dog.

I've had a couple of incidents with people and my dogs over the years - it was the people that were the problem as my dogs were passive in the situations. There was zero justification and you can imagine my fury but I learned a valuable lesson - I am ultimately responsible for my dogs and I will never let those situations happen again. No one comes between me and my pets - ever (unless they are friends and family of course and I trust them). There is no justification in someone else berating or hitting an animal that belongs to someone else - that's despicable - unless the owner doesn't step up to the plate.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
juz516
Board Meister

Post by juz516 »

Could your dog do anything to justify guy's reaction?

Why, immediately, would someone think it would be the dog? Also, why would the owner be so passive? I certainly wouldn't be if someone did something like that to one of my dogs. They would be reported immediately, not that it would do any good....maybe the owner is afraid to have anyone involved. Seeings how things are handled, and unless there were other witnesses, it would be one word against the other....and we all know how that works where dogs are concerned.
Sure seems to be a lot of crap goes on in West Kelowna...imo.
2medics

Post by 2medics »

Captain Awesome wrote:Could your dog do anything to justify guy's reaction?

I would like to state that there should be absolutely NO reason for this guys reaction, as well as NO reason to justify his actions. This is abuse, period. If this was your dog, what would be your dog's actions to justify this reaction?

I am disgusted by this man's behavior and wonder how many times his poor companion has endured this?

My heart goes out to your dog.
Amarow121
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Amarow121 »

juz516 wrote:
Why, immediately, would someone think it would be the dog? Also, why would the owner be so passive? I certainly wouldn't be if someone did something like that to one of my dogs. They would be reported immediately, not that it would do any good....maybe the owner is afraid to have anyone involved. Seeings how things are handled, and unless there were other witnesses, it would be one word against the other....and we all know how that works where dogs are concerned.
Sure seems to be a lot of crap goes on in West Kelowna...imo.

Might be hard to retaliate against a man if you are an elderly person, a young woman, someone smaller than the man in question... etc etc.

Also, where should one report stuff like this? It doesn't seem RCMP worthy, would the RDCO care? Who would you report it to Juz?
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Outrageous. 2 people have used the word "justified" here as if to say that there is ever a reason to pick up a dog by the collar and pummel it. If it were attacking you then you do what you have to but it sounds to me that this is not the case although it also sounds to me that there is more to this than what was included in the OP.

What the heck do you do?
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
juz516
Board Meister

Post by juz516 »

I don't know....RCMP, I guess, just so it is on the books...not that they would do anything, but if another complaint came in at a different time, then maybe? But someone like this man needs to be reported somewhere. It is wrong in every way and people have no right to pull stunts like that....but then there are the "elite"(sarcasm) in this society that believe they can do anything they want. No one knows the age of the owner of the dog....so it is difficult to say if he/she felt threatened. It just is not right. No one should have to worry about things like this, but then again it is a very strange society these days and it seems that one cannot even trust the people in "authority" that you should be able to to do the right thing. (ie., RCMP, RDCO, etc.)
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

A question was asked if the incident was justified - if the dog attacked then that would fall under justification. The OP said that wasn't the case.
dirtguy
Board Meister

Post by dirtguy »

I'm sorry but something sounds wrong with this scenario,hard to believe a random stranger picked up your dog and punched it in the face repeatedly with no justification at all.I call BS
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

We've just heard the short story - I'd like to hear the long version.
juz516
Board Meister

Post by juz516 »

me too

Return to “Central Okanagan”