C. Fipke Holdings Ltd

Steve-O
Übergod

Re: C. Fipke Holdings Ltd

Post by Steve-O »

I really, really wanna be hated bigtime!
1Westside
Fledgling

Post by 1Westside »

Interesting to see his Cantex Mine Developments down to 0.015 on today's trading.
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

Fipke's wealth has NOTHING to do with luck. It has everything to do with tenacity, perseverance, knowledge, derring-do and going without.

He also had a benefactor who helped him along the way, he did not do it all on his own, read the book.
Waste not
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

I never said I hated him. A lot of prospectors are out there scratching/drilling. Just saying a lot of luck is needed to hit that big. When I saw him around K-Town he just looked a little funny thats all. A lot of money makes some people do funny things. Like his ex-wife thinking she can ignore city building codes.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Another Reason to stay single...

He does the hard work....she takes the money....so dumb!
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
forum
Guru

Post by forum »

From the bit of work I've done with the Fipke's, I have found that they are genuine hard working people that face the same challenges any family has in a life of chasing their dreams.

They took risks 99% of people are scared of doing and it paid off for them.
DaveC
Board Meister

Post by DaveC »

Symbonite wrote:Another Reason to stay single...

He does the hard work....she takes the money....so dumb!

The way I heard it she did a hell of a lot of work keeping the business running while he was in the field.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

DaveC wrote: The way I heard it she did a hell of a lot of work keeping the business running while he was in the field.

$200 million worth?
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

cv23 wrote:$200 million worth?

Chuck Fipke and Marlene Fipke: After prospecting for diamonds for eight years in the Northwest Territories, Fipke discovered one of the largest diamond concentrations in the world at Lac de Gras. His stake in the Ekati diamond mine was worth hundreds of millions of dollars. But proving that diamonds aren’t forever, his marriage to Marlene fell apart. She’d travelled at his side around the world on his expeditions, served as his accountant and sometimes dried core samples in their kitchen. In a settlement reached in 2000, Marlene received 21 per cent of Dia Met, then valued at $123 million. Fipke took it in stride, saying the settlement was the “best money I ever spent.”
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

oneh2obabe wrote:Chuck Fipke and Marlene Fipke: After prospecting for diamonds for eight years in the Northwest Territories, Fipke discovered one of the largest diamond concentrations in the world at Lac de Gras. His stake in the Ekati diamond mine was worth hundreds of millions of dollars. But proving that diamonds aren’t forever, his marriage to Marlene fell apart. She’d travelled at his side around the world on his expeditions, served as his accountant and sometimes dried core samples in their kitchen. In a settlement reached in 2000, Marlene received 21 per cent of Dia Met, then valued at $123 million. Fipke took it in stride, saying the settlement was the “best money I ever spent.”

Charles Edgar Fipke's divorce from Marlene Fipke; estimated at $200 million
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mo ... e_divorces

It's his money so if he's OK with it then I guess it's all good. His comment does remind me of a joke.
Q; Why are divorces so expensive?
A; Because they're worth it.
GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by GrooveTunes »

All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.

Return to “Central Okanagan”