More Events @ Prospera

Ktown girl

Re: More Events @ Prospera

Post by Ktown girl »

Hooray I agree.
Kelowna is pathetic when it comes to bringing entertainment in.
When Prospera first came, we were on a roll.........Now its a dud. ANd by the way, Kelowna only seems to get repeated concerts. over and over and over...C'mon. Nickleback. How many times can you go see him

Someone down there or city council has to step up and allow all sorts of music and concert.
Penticton gets them all............And even Kamloops.

Kelowna sucks for entertainment.........Let's hire the right people and do it..........We would draw from the entire okanagan.
And besides have you seen the Penticton Facility.......They were thinking when they built that one.

C'mon City of Kelowna...............get in with the groove.............Keep up with the times...get those concerts here. And no repeats...........aand for all ages too.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

What comes to Prospera has nothing to do with the City of Kelowna, the mayor or council.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

KingCreole wrote:Just scored 3rd row for Sting! Looking forward to a great concert....

We're also going to Seinfeld. I'm quite pleased in the concerts at Prospera. Just in the last 1.5 years we've seen Sarah Machlachlan, Supertramp and Michael Buble. Not bad if you ask me.

Additional to Prospera, we've seen Howie Mandell at the South Okanagan Events Center and Buddy Guy at the Rotary Centre for the Arts. All the concerts were great and the sound was good to great at all venues.

I thought Sting tickets go on sale this coming Monday January 28 2013 :137:
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

grammafreddy wrote:What comes to Prospera has nothing to do with the City of Kelowna, the mayor or council.

Maybe the City of Kelowna, the Mayor or Council, should be more involved as we taxpayers invested millions of dollars in the civic corporate partnership which built Prospera. In addition to our investment providing a needed recreational facility for the community it was also supposed to attract tourist dollars to our community through conventions and concerts. So far the track record for attracting these type of events can only be considered as mediocre at best
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

cv23 wrote:Maybe the City of Kelowna, the Mayor or Council, should be more involved as we taxpayers invested millions of dollars in the civic corporate partnership which built Prospera. In addition to our investment providing a needed recreational facility for the community it was also supposed to attract tourist dollars to our community through conventions and concerts. So far the track record for attracting these type of events can only be considered as mediocre at best

Neither mayor nor council can promote events or bring artists here. Entertainment companies bring the talent in, rent out facilities, and sell the tickets. And it's all demand driven - if they don't think they can make money by bringing somebody in, they won't risk it. Artist can't be just begged to come down here - it has to be a successful event that makes money.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Sting is probably starting here to warm up.i have never heard a bad review from kelownas starry eyed media reporters.Why cant we get the hip?,the loops always gets the hip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgaqwJLGK7o
Peace be with you.
KingCreole
Board Meister

Post by KingCreole »

kibbs wrote:
Seinfeld is funny but do you think you will here any new material?I thought he already told us for the last time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNCkrYma9N4

Tramp without hodsen would be mediocre.i passed
The other two make the stale white bread in this kelowna entertainment sandwich.
give me tramp with hodsen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aWDxuhD0FI

Whatever reservations I had about Rodger Hodgson missing was completely wiped out by a great, fun and entertaining concert. The place was packed and the crowd really had a great time!

As far as Seinfeld is concerned....I don't understand your comment. We're going to see an icon from our youth! I've never seen his standup before besides his bits during each Seinfeld episode. So I'm sure new material won't be an issue.

Btw, why all the negativity? Instead of sitting on our hands we go to see artists that come here that we like. Haven't seen a bad concert here yet. And I'm critical of live performances and have seen tons of concerts in my life. Forgot to mention we also saw James Taylor here too. Another fine concert.
KingCreole
Board Meister

Post by KingCreole »

Whyme2 wrote:
I thought Sting tickets go on sale this coming Monday January 28 2013 :137:

There is a pre-sale that started today if you are a Sting.com paid fan club member. I joined last night just to have a shot at great seats.
KingCreole
Board Meister

Post by KingCreole »

Btw Kibbs. Stale white bread?? Sarah put on an enchanting concert, Buble was just light and fun, and both displayed very down to earth and disarming personalities and a nice dose of humor. It was nostalgic for us too as I used to see Sarah regularly at a nightclub I worked at in Vancouver before she hit it big. Same for Buble at Babalu nightclub on Granville st. It was fun to see them on stage, established stars.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Captain Awesome wrote:Neither mayor nor council can promote events or bring artists here. Entertainment companies bring the talent in, rent out facilities, and sell the tickets. And it's all demand driven - if they don't think they can make money by bringing somebody in, they won't risk it. Artist can't be just begged to come down here - it has to be a successful event that makes money.

As I said maybe Council should take a more active role in Prospera as it is a partially civic owned?
Why should some "Entertainment companies" be the ones to decide if our facility makes them money and we only get rent?
Why can't artists be begged? If they get paid they will likely play any venue/event. The facility is ours why not do some self sponsored promotions and take the promoters cut as well as rent? Its gonna take a very long time to get our investment back on the occasional rent and having the place sit vacant.
Just why are we putting all our facility's success in a private, profit for themselves only company?
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

ask the rockets ??
sissy

Post by sissy »

I agree Penticton does seem to get quite a few concerts....But they are ALL country. Not everyone likes country. Nothing wrong with people likeing it, but I personally don't want to go to country concerts all the time. We need some diversity. Stuff all ages can enjoy. (This is a topic about Prospera, I know) Penticton is always so set on country music. It's annoying. I'd definitely rather go to Kelowna for a concert but nothing good comes,.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

They should have both kinds of music, country, and western.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

+1
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Btw, why all the negativity? Instead of sitting on our hands we go to see artists that come here that we like.

I'm just gettin old and although talented Sarah and the boobster would put me to me to sleep faster than Lincoln did,I've been so spoiled by seeing so many great acts in my life nothing short of another zepplin Reunion or Bonn Scott rising from the dead would impress me.Warning Ghostly bagpipes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNBNAY1UnpE

as for Gerry the great ill save the c note and watch youtube.it will be funny but not a hundred bucks funny
Peace be with you.

Return to “Central Okanagan”