yet another big accident

dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Re: yet another big accident

Post by dogspoiler »

Thats how I look at it. Me,Me,Me. Look around so you can see Me, Dont run into Me, Don't force Me off the road. I will do the same for You. :sunshine:
Black Dogs Matter
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

The problem isn't new but texting is making rear ends a normal occurance. I commute a couple time a week into town and it is a rare day when I don't see someone looking down at thier phone through that stretch. It's at the end of a straight spot that people can manage to drive with no hands and they take full advantage of it to type away. Not sure what the province can do to stop stupidity.

Actually I have an idea. Anyone caught texting while driving must install a 6 inch blade that sticks out from the center of thier steering wheel aimed at thier chest. I'm not sure what it'll take but I have a feeling that people with those devises installed in thier cars would keep thier eyes on the road.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

theyeti wrote:i have not been in a crash in 10 yrs ... not even so much as scraped a post in over 5 .
when i was attending school in Penticton driving from Kelowna i seen accidents near daily in westbank.
the traffic would snarl because of all the crashes .
now i realize we have far to many ppl on the little hwy .
and i realize a good # of em ought to turn in the steering papers.
however none of that is gonna change any time soon .

so maybe the province or ministry of hi taxes could make some effort to look into why the accident rates r so high on that 5 mile stretch of road from the underpass to gormans mill

The crash in question was at near Westlake rd. Nowhere near Gormans. Where did you get the idea that it was 5 Miles from the underpass to Gormans ?
Black Dogs Matter
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

theyeti wrote:so maybe the province or ministry of hi taxes could make some effort to look into why the accident rates r so high
Are they? Thousands of people travel that stretch thousands of times without gettting into an accident.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Catz wrote:so maybe the province or ministry of hi taxes could make some effort to look into why the accident rates r so high on that 5 mile stretch of road from the underpass to gormans mill

I'll save you the money...

people are idiots.

They tailgate and do not pay any attention to defensive driving at all.
They do not care about other drivers...it is all me, me, me...[/quote]

you got it,so ture
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Central Okanagan”