CNB vs GMS - Middle schools

Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Re: CNB vs GMS - Middle schools

Post by Catz »

I don't think anyone is getting worked up, just asking advice and opinions.
Dash5
Übergod

Post by Dash5 »

Catz wrote:I don't think anyone is getting worked up, just asking advice and opinions.

You're right, perhaps "worked up" wasn't the right terminology. I guess what I am getting at is that yes, perhaps stuff like that does happen on occasion at GMS / CNB but I don't believe it is a big enough problem (at either school) that it should be something one has to consider when trying to decide which school to put your kids in.
sissy

Post by sissy »

GMS all the way! What a great school it is. The teachers are amazing. And not to mention the school is absolutly beautiful.
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

DashFiveGuy wrote:You're right, perhaps "worked up" wasn't the right terminology. I guess what I am getting at is that yes, perhaps stuff like that does happen on occasion at GMS / CNB but I don't believe it is a big enough problem (at either school) that it should be something one has to consider when trying to decide which school to put your kids in.

Such activities are typically the exception, not the rule.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

sissy wrote:GMS all the way! What a great school it is. The teachers are amazing. And not to mention the school is absolutly beautiful.

It really is! Things happen, but never had issues being an active parent with the teachers.
They are really good!!!!! :sunshine:
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

You're right, perhaps "worked up" wasn't the right terminology. I guess what I am getting at is that yes, perhaps stuff like that does happen on occasion at GMS / CNB but I don't believe it is a big enough problem

What exactly is big enough? Not that this topic in and of itself is what the thread was about but I can tell you that it happens more than the parents of any current middle schoolers may want to believe.

It's not about today; it's about biology.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Rainbow parties - educate your kids - they happen.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

It all started with spin the bottle and the first "experience" with the blossoming new flesh. It's real folks.

And to the OP; this is in no way intended to be an endorsement nor a condemnation of either school. They are both good schools. My kids went to GMS and I know many whose kids went to CNB and there was nothing remarkable in a bad way about either of them. They are simply filled with kids who are kids.

Great teachers at both and great fundamentals at both.
Tero
Board Meister

Post by Tero »

I've worked at both schools.

If you have enough money to keep up with the Jones' then go to GMS. (for example, if you have enough $ for your grade 7'er to have brand name clothing, an iphone 5 etc.)

If you want to have a bigger cross section of society (ie, different races, cultures, economic backgrounds, walks of life, etc) go to CNB.
heycarmelina

Post by heycarmelina »

I went to GMS for grade nine in 2004. It was okay. I don't know anything about CNB.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Wow, I live in GR and I have never been called a "jones". I wasn't aware that we were looked upon as being affluent. I feel great now knowing that I am the object of envy.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Tero wrote:I've worked at both schools.

If you have enough money to keep up with the Jones' then go to GMS. (for example, if you have enough $ for your grade 7'er to have brand name clothing, an iphone 5 etc.)...

When kids have all the latest garb, it's not at all about affluence or Joneses, it's more about priorities and attitudes. Kids in the subsidized housing complex near me have iPhones, UGGs, and name brand garb too.

I'd consider the size of student body a more important factor because the smaller the student population, the more prevalent are the gossip and cliques. It is much easier for kids of varying personality types to find a niche in a larger student population, and with a larger student body there is more likely the ability to sort-of disappear into the background when it's needed.

Ditching the highschool on the westside in favour of KSS was the best thing I ever did in my youth. Opportunity abounded, and life was so much better for a person like me at KSS. But hey, if you and your kids like to simply go with the flow and do what everyone else is doing when they are doing it, you'll do fine anywhere.
Last edited by kgcayenne on Jan 29th, 2013, 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Hmmmmmm. Was that directed at me KGC? Cuz I am not a keeper upper. My last post was a feeble attempt at humor.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

mexicalidreamer wrote:Hmmmmmm. Was that directed at me KGC? Cuz I am not a keeper upper. My last post was a feeble attempt at humor.

No, not at all. I disagree with the post that talks about kids having the latest clothes and iPhone equating to keeping up with joneses. I should have quoted it, so I edited it to incorporate the quote.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Agreed.

Return to “Central Okanagan”