Boucherie upgrades

Joe Pinouchi

Re: Boucherie upgrades

Post by Joe Pinouchi »

And just for curiosity, if this is PPP, aside from the bike lane, what would you have liked to see differently?

There area too many trees. They will cost the tax payer money to maintain and replace and remove as several of them are planted directly beneath service lines and a few have already been in near misses with some of the best drivers in the province (broken support poles)... The Syn Lawn is brutal! The Bike lane non-existent... Is that not enough to warrant poor planning skills???

Honestly, I know of no other road with a boulevard landscape that is only 2 lane.

Nuff said.

Joe
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

I think it's beautiful :sunshine: Such an upgrade!!!
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
waterwings
Übergod

Post by waterwings »

I think it is beautiful too
Dawggss

Post by Dawggss »

Just as a passing thought on the expressed desire to turn truck traffic away from Boucherie and direct it all to East Boundary Road...
The only access to Mission Hill Winery and the other wineries which occupy property adjacent to Boucherie Road, would then be up Vineyard Drive and Ridge Road before accessing the vineyards on Boucherie. This routing seems contrary to logic.

While a 'switch' such as this might be 'nice' for some people, consider the facts that both of these roads (Ridge and
Vineyard) are:
A. Populated by residential houses on both sides of the road - not open spaces,
B. populated far more densely than Boucherie Road,
C. School buses travel daily here,
D. An Elementary school is at the bottom of East Boundary and Vineyard Drive intersection.

It seems to make more sense to ban trucks all together from Vineyard and Ridge Road, and direct ALL truck / vineyard traffic to Boucherie!
Consider the District has just installed traffic calming measures on Vineyard in an attempt to reduce traffic issues and it becomes even clearer that the East Boundary - Vineyard- Ridge route is NOT as appropriate as Boucherie.
“Left vs Right is an out-dated concept and an oversimplification of the 21st Century.” James Morcan

“What if I told you that the Left Wing and the Right Wing belong to the same bird?”
waterwings
Übergod

Post by waterwings »

It seems to make more sense to ban trucks all together from Vineyard and Ridge Road, and direct ALL truck / vineyard traffic to Boucherie!
Consider the District has just installed traffic calming measures on Vineyard in an attempt to reduce traffic issues and it becomes even clearer that the East Boundary - Vineyard- Ridge route is NOT as appropriate as Boucherie.[/quote]

What you are saying is: Boucherie does not have view that tourists will appreciate and use to visit our wineries which are a great part of our tourist attactions at this point in time. Yup....get those trucks back where tourists travel because West Kelowna doesn't need to consider tourist traffic or the jobs that are created as part of those economics. Give it up....Let Boucherie be part of the tourist route.......look at what is advertised as tourists travel back and forth from the lake and to the wineries
Dawggss

Post by Dawggss »

Wow - guess logic and common sense get trumped bY a name designation for a road! Nice.
My point was that increased truck traffic in a residential area is not a sensible option.
Based on the logic I just read, I can only assume that the designation of 'Tourist Route' would mean NO trucks on Highway 97 at all; or on the TransCanada thru Banff, et al; and so on.
Goodness - we can't let tourists see any trucks on roadways, but we can sure direct these trucks into OUR residential areas! Huh?
Come on - there has got to be a better reason to try and force semi trailers into a residential area than someone's name designation.
BTW - how many wineries are on Boucherie as compared to Ridge, Vineyard, and East Boundary??
Sort of makes little sense to pretend the facts aren't what you want.
“Left vs Right is an out-dated concept and an oversimplification of the 21st Century.” James Morcan

“What if I told you that the Left Wing and the Right Wing belong to the same bird?”
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

Yeah, what gives, are trucks not allowed on 'tourist routes'? Seriously?

I drive Boucherie twice a day or more, and I see a truck once or twice a month... Boucherie is the perfect road for the trucks, why change it?
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
bobblehead

Post by bobblehead »

I'm not sure where everyone is getting the idea that truck traffic is being diverted from Boucherie road? As far as I know this has never been brought up at any council meeting. The road has handled truck traffic before, so there doesn't seem to be any reason, if it is built to at least the same standard it cannot handle it now. The only thing I have heard is dropping the speed limit on the improved portion down to 50 Km's per hour.
Dawggss

Post by Dawggss »

The idea to divet from Boucherie was suggested by Rosalind Neis on the first page of this forum topic.
I agree that this is a silly and short-sighted idea; one that should be nipped in the bud - hence the response/comment.

Pkunko
Fledgling

Post by Pkunko »

Special thanks to the couple that was out yesterday weeding around the new trees that have been planted in the boulevard on the upgraded section of Boucherie. Definitely something the District should be taking care of, but given the number of weeds that were springing up I'm glad someone took it upon themselves to do something about it, it looks great now.
Jim Dixon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Jim Dixon »

Pkunko wrote:Special thanks to the couple that was out yesterday weeding around the new trees that have been planted in the boulevard on the upgraded section of Boucherie. Definitely something the District should be taking care of, but given the number of weeds that were springing up I'm glad someone took it upon themselves to do something about it, it looks great now.

Oh Oh.... I hope they had a permit - yes you need one, and signed the waiver, and wore protective helmets and bright vests. And don't forget, the weeds have to have an approved method of disposal. I'm pretty certain that to work the medium they require a flag person at both ends with sufficient signing. Oh, and probably needs Union approval - after all, taking away the job of a certified professional weed puller could cause a massive walkout.
I am surprised they didn't become targets for some drivers(?) or a ticket for trespassing.

Gotta ask - weeds popping up through plastic grass? Are you sure they weren't plastic weeds - for authenticity?

What a wonderful representation of bureaucratic bungling.
Can't wait until we can pay to have it four-laned with separate bike lanes for that fellow that occasionally bikes Boo, real grass mediums and sidewalks, and trees and and storm drains and gutters - Oh My!

Wine Trail? Don't they mean gateway to Quails Gate?

Sheesh on the DWK
Jim
WARNING::: Anything you say can and will be taken out of context by many and used against you in a Court of Social Media.
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

Twice a day I get to enjoy the beautiful upgrades, THANK YOU DWK! :)

Return to “Central Okanagan”