Cell phone use in walk-in clinics

Tero
Board Meister

Re: Cell phone use in walk-in clinics

Post by Tero »

Hmmm wrote:And PS he is ok with the technology too.

:140:
I use my Holy Bible App in church each week. I also tithe via debit.

I think this is ok as there are no signs saying that I can't... and the Pastor holds HIS bible and sermon all in one handy dandy spot... on his ipad. (which is also wirelessly connected to the projector to show the power point that goes along with the message.)

I love technology. AND the plethora of seniors at my church (about 85% of the membership) love the "new fangled technology" we bring to church. Yep, even HE is ok with technology. God is with the program. :bethecoffee:
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Tero, that's funny. Thanks for sharing it.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
SoyChai
Fledgling

Post by SoyChai »

So after reading all this ridiculous dribble.....who else can't wait until the next time we're in a waiting room, using our smartphones silently for email/text/games/internet etc. and to look around to see if any of these crazy people are glaring at us?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Tero wrote: Yep, even HE is ok with technology. God is with the program. :bethecoffee:

Really, does he return your texts? :127:
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

I was at KGH today waiting for an xray and logged into there guest wireless.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Hmmm wrote:I was at KGH today waiting for an xray and logged into there guest wireless.

Facinateing.. :spinball:
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

I hope you were not accosted by the e-tox vice squad.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

I use my Holy Bible App in church each week. I also tithe via debit.

I think this is ok as there are no signs saying that I can't... and the Pastor holds HIS bible and sermon all in one handy dandy spot... on his ipad. (which is also wirelessly connected to the projector to show the power point that goes along with the message.)

I love technology. AND the plethora of seniors at my church (about 85% of the membership) love the "new fangled technology" we bring to church. Yep, even HE is ok with technology. God is with the program.

awww come on i bet you were quaking in your boots in the early 80's (when i was a young teen getting judged and preached at) about debit cards and the mark of the devil on the swaggart bandwagon. and i had to watch those cheesy rapture end time movies from the 70's in youth group. funny how spiritual fervor about stupid things die off after 30 years. now we embrace the evil technology!! in jesus name of course because we can tithe in church now........hallelujah!!! amen!!! :dyinglaughing:
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:In your case, slim chance. You did ask.

Obviously - I'm already infinitely wise.

Nice to see some posts containing normalcy in the last little while. Time to move on.
Your bias suits you.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

I should add, that when I went into the xray room, I asked about where to put my phone and she just laid it on the table, on and everything. I had it on me still since I was waiting their playing a game.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
jimsenchuk
Lord of the Board

Post by jimsenchuk »

Hmmm wrote:I should add, that when I went into the xray room, I asked about where to put my phone and she just laid it on the table, on and everything. I had it on me still since I was waiting their playing a game.

I have seen doctors and staff on their cell phones in the emergency dept, and have seen doctors answer their cell phones in the office, it is a myth that cell phones or other wireless gadgets will interrupt other stuff in walk-ins, hospitals, and doc's offices. It's okay to me to use your wireless device in these places...............................BUT PLEASE KEEP THEM OUT OF RESTAURANTS, very annoying. By the way, i done even own a cell phone, or use them, waste of money.
The only effective answer to organized greed is organized labor.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

jimsenchuk wrote:BUT PLEASE KEEP THEM OUT OF RESTAURANTS, very annoying. By the way, i done even own a cell phone, or use them, waste of money.

How is this at all annoying if I'm not sitting with you? Why does it matter to you if I was talking to someone on my phone as opposed to someone at my table? Or how does it annoy you if I'm texting someone? You can't even hear anything I'm doing.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Probably because those on cell phones generally talk louder than if the person was in front of them - why is that?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
zebrawoman
Fledgling

Post by zebrawoman »

Fancy wrote:Probably because those on cell phones generally talk louder than if the person was in front of them - why is that?

I understand it's because there is reduced feedback on cellphones and when people can't hear themselves properly they compensate by speaking louder. It doesn't work but that doesn't mean we don't try :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidetone

The cogent part here is that there is 8% sidetone (feedback) on landlines and 4% on cell phones.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Fancy wrote:Probably because those on cell phones generally talk louder than if the person was in front of them - why is that?

I know a lot of loud talkers who have a normal speaking voice louder than what most people are like on cell phones. So do we also ban loud talkers from restaurants? It's GUARANTEED that they'll be loud, while the cell phone user MAY be loud at some point (and most people just text in restaurants anyway).

Return to “Central Okanagan”