Cell phone use in walk-in clinics

sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Re: Cell phone use in walk-in clinics

Post by sooperphreek »

funny how the geriatric generation feels that it is a human right to be cow towed to. its technology and things are different than they used to be. get over it and over yourselves.
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Post by Takin it easy ! »

sooperphreek wrote:funny how the geriatric generation feels that it is a human right to be cow towed to. its technology and things are different than they used to be. get over it and over yourselves.
What and conform to stupidity and abuse
Thinking about that for a nano second ? Noooooooooooo !
Not so geriatric here and have a nice new phone but "everything in moderation" my friend !
Last edited by Takin it easy ! on Jan 29th, 2013, 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
johnhenry
Übergod

Post by johnhenry »

When a text comes in on my cell phone I hear distortion in my computer speakers. This indicates to me that there is some sort of radio wave interference. Could this also affect medical equipment operation/readings?
Words out of your mouth are like bullets out of a gun.
Once they are out, you can't take them back.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

johnhenry wrote:When a text comes in on my cell phone I hear distortion in my computer speakers. This indicates to me that there is some sort of radio wave interference. Could this also affect medical equipment operation/readings?

Chances are, that the cable for your computer speakers is not shielded. Medical equipment is more sophisticated than that; besides, I think someone from a medical office has been in this thread already to state that it's not about medical equipment. Actually, it's been mentioned a couple of times by clinic staff that have participated in this thread that the signs are aimed at the people who are inclined to carry on phone conversations in the waiting room, NOT those who are quietly browsing, reading, or texting others.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

Chances are, that the cable for your computer speakers is not shielded. Medical equipment is more sophisticated than that; besides, I think someone from a medical office has been in this thread already to state that it's not about medical equipment. Actually, it's been mentioned a couple of times by clinic staff that have participated in this thread that the signs are aimed at the people who are inclined to carry on phone conversations in the waiting room, NOT those who are quietly browsing, reading, or texting others.

its not the equipment. its the bulk of the doctors customers that are living longer today due to technology like cell phones that complain because there isnt enough to keep them occupied besides complain.
twofingers
Board Meister

Post by twofingers »

Geriatric Generation
It's not all about me.
I am considerate of others.
I think of how my actions will affect others.
I am polite to others
I try to be a good citizen by taking care of others
I remember what it's like to be on the excrement end of the stick, so I consciously try to make sure I don't make others feel that way.

Generation ME
It's all about me.
I am considerate of me
I don't care how my actions will affect others.
I am polite only if I really have to be
I don't care about being a good citizen, or for that matter, any other kind of citizen.
I love it when I can make someone else feel bad because of me.
It's all about me!

Which would you rather be proud to be a part of?
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

twofingers wrote:Geriatric Generation
It's not all about me. except when i am in the clinic
I am considerate of others. except when i am trying to see my doctor for a common cough
I think of how my actions will affect others. except when i use my medical for common ailments in panic
I am polite to others by complaining to the clinic and not the people in the room on those bad phones
I try to be a good citizen by taking care of others but my generation is a burden on the medical system
I remember what it's like to be on the excrement end of the stick, so I consciously try to make sure I don't make others feel that way. except when it comes to phone use that isnt hurting anyone

Generation ME
It's all about me. because i see my grandparents example
I am considerate of me because i see my grandparents example
I don't care how my actions will affect others. because i see my grandparents example
I am polite only if I really have to be because i see my grandparents example
I don't care about being a good citizen, or for that matter, any other kind of citizen. because i see my grandparents example
I love it when I can make someone else feel bad because of me. because i see my grandparents example
It's all about me! because i see my grandparents example

Which would you rather be proud to be a part of?

its all the same crowd. 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other.
twofingers
Board Meister

Post by twofingers »

The Defence Rests.
If you actually spent some time with your grandparents, instead of ignoring every generation except your own, you might learn something - but I think my time is wasted here.
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

It's ironic that many of the folks who complain about younger generations using their gadgets in waiting rooms, probably used to smoke cigarettes in waiting rooms back in their younger days . . .
All posts 100% moderator approved!
twofingers
Board Meister

Post by twofingers »

Yup
It was acceptable to smoke in the waiting room, or even in a patient's room during visiting hours.
Or on a plane, in any restaurant, or while shopping in the supermarket.
Sure it was bad, but who knew?
Rarely did anyone (even non-smokers) complain, but if they did, you can bet your bottom dollar that we would pay attention and butt out!
Never texted and drove at the same time, though....too hard to make the rotary dial spell out the words, drive the car, and drink a beer at the same time.
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

that generation respected society so much that they drank and drove.
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

I shudder to think of all people who are going to come down with cancer because they were forced to endure second hand texting in waiting rooms.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

gardengirl wrote:Ok, now this is a perfect example of how ridiculous some people are.
Thank you for showing what kind of attitudes these offices are dealing with.

You should really look in the mirror.

gardengirl wrote:Instead of using common sense and common courtesy, some people will argue their case to the most absurd extreme.
Please, No Cell Phones extends to No Whites.

It's an obvious illustration to make a clear point; something only missed/ignored by the mentally deficient.

gardengirl wrote:Unlimited use of a cell phone is not a human right.
Although, it appears there are some people who would disagree.

Hyperbole & putting words in someone else's mouth. Try using that peanut between your ears for once.

All this thread is, as usual, is a chance for [old] people to jump up on their soapboxes so they can go on a rant about a tangential thorn in their side. It's hilarious & I'm happy to play along in this one. (I don't have enough time in the day to do it in every thread; I'm also not as addicted to the forum as some (hypocrites) )

crookedmember wrote:I shudder to think of all people who are going to come down with cancer because they were forced to endure second hand texting in waiting rooms.

:coffeecanuck:
Your bias suits you.
twofingers
Board Meister

Post by twofingers »

Don't forget this - casual sex without condoms - OMG - wonder how many problems that caused in the 50's and 60's...........
Let's apply today's culture and rulebook to past generations so we show everyone how bad they were!
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

twofingers wrote:The Defence Rests.
If you actually spent some time with your grandparents, instead of ignoring every generation except your own, you might learn something - but I think my time is wasted here.

No kidding. I bet the grandparents are very proud.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.

Return to “Central Okanagan”