New store: what would you choose?

Spocky
Fledgling

Re: New store: what would you choose?

Post by Spocky »

I asked a friend and the answer floored me. Not only because it was unexpected but also absolutely dead on. The only type of enterprise that would be guaranteed successful in West Kelowna:

A bordello!

:discodance:
It Is When People Forget God That Tyrants Forge Their Chains - Patrick Henry
It's the Marxists, Stupid!
BC under the Endeepee won't be just like North Korea: the gulags will have nicer views.
Nelson_EJ

Post by Nelson_EJ »

Cabela's. Great store that has a lot of outdoor/camping/bbq/boating/everything you need store.

Nelson
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Considering the entire "city" looks like a half-vacant mini-mall, I would choose : no store.
Dash5
Übergod

Post by Dash5 »

SurplusElect wrote:Considering the entire "city" looks like a half-vacant mini-mall, I would choose : no store.

And how does that help change the half-vacant mini-mall look?
dirtguy
Board Meister

Re: NEW STORE, what would you choose?

Post by dirtguy »

jennylives wrote:I'd love a Cabella's but I think the new Grouse River Outfitters may fill that void.

Maybe,the new grouse river store is still tiny compared to a bass pro shop or a cabelas.
Clipper

Post by Clipper »

McFeeleys, a REAL Ace Hardware, A Rockler outlet, and definitely a McMaster-Carr!

To the shop owner who wrote, "we need more people coming into our stores", I ask why? Too many merchants in the valley have the attitude "If we don't have it, you don't need it", which is fine but don't expect me to be seen in your store again. I'll gladly cough up for freight and a bit of mark up but don't try to skin me or give me attitude.
I have no problem shopping across the line when local shop owners expect me to pay double or more for the same item.
Speaking of customer service; there is a "hardware store" in downtown Calgary that has every conceivable tool anyone would need for residential/ commercial construction and if not, it's there within a week and they call you when it's in!
Prices area bit higher but the service is exemplary! Warranty, if required, is never an issue, they carry most brands of tools, and they actually listen to customer suggestions.
Granted, Calgary's population base is larger but this store has been around forever, even when you couldn't buy a job there.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

wait for it ,wait for it
a
compassion club :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Sammygirl1

Post by Sammygirl1 »

RED LOBSTER would be my choice. I would rather eat than shop, so if you haven't tried RED LOBSTER you don't know what you are missing. It is the BEST SEAFOOD anywhere. We have too many places to shop already. :sunshine:
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Sammygirl1 wrote:RED LOBSTER would be my choice. I would rather eat than shop, so if you haven't tried RED LOBSTER you don't know what you are missing. It is the BEST SEAFOOD anywhere. We have too many places to shop already. :sunshine:

red lobster is nice, good call
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Food Bank
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Don't think that qualifies as a store. There's lots of restaurants but shopping is limited. Quality is missing and there are no shoe stores.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Fancy, there's a shoe store next to the library unless it's shuttered their doors in the last month.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
westbankkid
Übergod

Post by westbankkid »

oneh2obabe wrote:Fancy, there's a shoe store next to the library unless it's shuttered their doors in the last month.

:1419: Was at the Library yesterday and didn't see any shoe store.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Damn - it was in unit 22 heading towards the library. Store name is/was Comfort Walk.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
westbankkid
Übergod

Post by westbankkid »

oneh2obabe wrote:Damn - it was in unit 22 heading towards the library. Store name is/was Comfort Walk.

I'll have to look for it. Was looking for a new pair of walkers and Kelowna didn't have any.

Return to “Central Okanagan”