Fintry Queen will sail again

TimmyE
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Fintry Queen will sail again

Post by TimmyE »

From Castanet:

Schwab is currently looking for investors but says there is "no doubt" in his mind that come May 2015, the revamped Queen will be pulling up anchor and making its inaugural trip down the lake to its new resting spot.

"I'm looking for half a million dollars through interested people. I'm willing to share as much of the ship as necessary. It's likely not going to be me who operates it in the end, but I like the marketing side and trying to get people on the water."

He's going to take $500,000 from investors, but then he's not going to be the one to run it? I hope the investors are going to take a good look at his business plan because I wouldn't touch it with a million foot pole.
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

Good luck, I say. Interesting info re the old Pentowna ship that used to be docked in Peachland (no, I am not affilitated with it). Andy Schwab was involved in that one. Hope his record of success is better with the Fintry Queen.

CNR ceased operations on Okanagan Lake in 1973. Canadian National Tug no. 6, CNR's other remaining ship, was sold and Pentowna was docked on the Peachland waterfront.[8][clarification needed] In the 1980s, private owners tried to refit the boat for tourism but dropped the project.[1] Pentowna was bought by Dennis Dumaresq, owner of the Michaelbrook Ranch Golf Course in Kelowna, in 1994. However, he decided to scrap it nine years later because he didn't have the funds to refurbish it as planned. Andy Schwab tried to buy the boat and save it for CAD$20,000, but was unable to amass the sum.[9] Pentowna was scrapped in November 2005.
deedub
Fledgling

Post by deedub »

Look around the area , much cheaper to scrap history than to preserve it .
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

It was kind of a shame to see it go.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb20 ... 62fd15.jpg
So I saw a bumper sticker today that said, I'm a Veterinarian so I drive like an animal.
I suddenly realised how many Proctologists are on the road!

Return to “Central Okanagan”