The Real Gun

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: The Real Gun

Post by Glacier »

It's pretty easy to spot the fake because it doesn't have any notches in the slide, but you wouldn't be able to see this from a distance.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

It may or may not be easy to tell the difference when the guns are pictured side by side and you know one is fake.

I can guarantee you that Joe Public would not know the difference if it were in the hands of a guy who had it pointed at you.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

True enough, which is why the crime for pointing a fake gun at someone is the same as for a real one.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

Glacier wrote:True enough, which is why the crime for pointing a fake gun at someone is the same as for a real one.

What about a RCMP boot?
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

Ken7 wrote:Please don't paint all police with the same dirty brush!
Thanks!

I wasn't painting all police with the same dirty brush.
I was speaking about a particular criminal organization.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

I was wondering how long it would take before this turned into a cop bashing thread :200:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

the truth wrote:I was wondering how long it would take before this turned into a cop bashing thread :200:

And? how long did it take?

The article states that trained police have a hard time telling the difference between the two guns yet almost 70 percent of castanet responses knew which gun was real.
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

cutter7 wrote:The article states that trained police have a hard time telling the difference between the two guns yet almost 70 percent of castanet responses knew which gun was real.

Big difference in getting to study a picture, and getting a split second to make a life or death decision.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Could be a lot of people that voted waited until after seeing it on the news.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
nextimeround
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by nextimeround »

cutter7 wrote:
And? how long did it take?

The article states that trained police have a hard time telling the difference between the two guns yet almost 70 percent of castanet responses knew which gun was real.

The same culprits scrambling to find any reason to bash the police, how pathetic. I was one of the many sheep who guessed right, and I stress guessed.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

Thanks for your input officer ,, nice guess
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

Big difference in getting to study a picture, and getting a split second to make a life or death decision.[/quote]

You do realize that there was no life or death situation? the resident of the house pointed a toy gun at a vagrant on his property and said "bang bang"

No crime commited and no threat to the officers or anyone else. The tenant was questioned and voluntarily retrieved the toy from his residence for the police.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

cutter7 wrote:You do realize that there was no life or death situation?

Are you for real?
If I were to point a gun like that at your face, would you immediately think it was a toy?
I'd think not. I'd think that like most people, you'd consider it a real threat to your life.
Until it is shown to be a toy gun, it cannot be viewed as anything less than a life and death situation.

You've got to be just trying to stir the pot.
Right?
???
??
?

No?
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

right you are! I was stirring the pot... simply because the cop bashing comment was thrown around again.

My opinion stands though... in this particular case there was no life or death situation. The toy was not used in public it was merely used in a poorly thought out way to chase vagrants off the property, The police in no way needed to fear for their safety or make a rush judgement call to disarm anyone.
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

cutter7 wrote:The toy was not used in public it was merely used in a poorly thought out way to chase vagrants off the property, The police in no way needed to fear for their safety or make a rush judgement call to disarm anyone.

Anytime anything even looks like a gun, it's a life or death situation for them. I don't envy the decisions they have to make in the line of duty.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky

Return to “Central Okanagan”