Food poisoning from local fast-food chain

evolgub

Food poisoning from local fast-food chain

Post by evolgub »

The other night i went to a local fast food chain and bought some chicken.... a few hours later my 2 daughters aged 2 an 3.. (luckily my son and i didnt eat any..) woke up puking everywhere... all night long.. I had even fed my dog a piece and she puked too. First thing in the morning i went to that restaurant and complained. They did not give me my money back (even though i had showed them my receite) and not to mention.. They were really rude to me!!
Now my question is... What else can i do to let the community know?
I have already called the health inspector but i feel that, that is not enough.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: Food Poisining from local fast food chain

Post by Captain Awesome »

Well, before you mention their name, keep in mind mentioning it here won't do any good because it will just get deleted.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
evolgub

Post by evolgub »

I know, that is why i didnt mention which fast food chain, iam just so upset that they made my daughters really sick
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Also, I'd probably avoid taking your kids to fast food restaurants. It's bad for them even when they cook it properly and gives them a bad example.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

I'd call their head office...they should have at least been apologetic.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

What would you liked the food joint to do?
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I haven't eaten at the fast food place that I got food poisoning from - never again. My doctor never suggested what other avenue I could have taken and wish I had made a phone call. coffeeFreak's idea is a good one - put it in writing copying to the place you ate at so they know you went over their head.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Go to the Dr, tell them where & what you ate. Then, if the tests come back positive, it becomes a matter for IH inspection. Without the Dr's diagnosis of food poisoning, it's just chalked up to the stomach bug that is rampant through the schools right this very moment.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
GenuinelyInterested
Board Meister

Post by GenuinelyInterested »

My suggestion would be:

Take the kids to emergency, explain what and where they ate, take all of the uneaten food, and the vomit/stool collections.

It maybe gross but all are considered as "evidence". The hospital has the obligation to test and follow-up, if there is indeed a poisoning case.

Consider your actions as a "benefit", to all others that were also poisoned, and to all others that MAY be poisoned in the future. Maybe the next victims are elderly or of frail health and may be killed by this food.
mitchbaywatch

Re: Food Poisoning from local fast-food chain

Post by mitchbaywatch »

You fed your dog chicken from a fast food place?
We all know it was the food?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Chicken is chicken - off my plate or fast food doesn't matter (as long as it's not breaded etc.). Poor dog. Sure knew what food it was in my case as I wasn't the only one either.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

Take a closer look at what you ate the day before or early that morning. If it was food poisioning, the minimun time for any (e-coli, staph etc) to start affecting you with symptoms is 24 - 48 hours. There is no foodbourne illness that will make you sick within a few hours.
mitchbaywatch

Post by mitchbaywatch »

Non breaded chicken from a fast food place? can't be much of that out there, Unless in a burger or sandwich
which then usually has some secret sauce on it.
totoramona
Board Meister

Post by totoramona »

Steve-O: Your statement about food borne illness is incorrect.
Here are some illnesses that become apparent earlier than 24 hrs:

1. Symptoms of C. perfringens may occur within 6 to 24 hours after eating contaminated food. The usual onset time is 10 to12 hours.
2. People infected with E. coli can have a wide range of symptoms. The following symptoms can appear within one to ten days after contact with the bacteria...
3. People infected with norovirus usually develop symptoms of gastroenteritis within 24 to 48 hours, but symptoms can start as early as 12 hours after exposure. The illness often begins suddenly.
4. Most people with salmonellosis develop the following symptoms 6 to 72 hours after being infected...

Source: Canada Food Inspection Agencey: http://www.inspection.gc.ca/food/consumer-centre/food-safety-tips/food-poisoning/eng/1331151916451/1331152055552

In my experience, children will develop symptoms earlier, as their digestion is quicker.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Certain symptoms of food poisoning (including nausea and vomiting) can occur very quickly, often within even 1-2 hours of ingesting the food. Of course this isn't always the case, but it's very much possible.

http://www.fda.gov/food/foodsafety/food ... 071342.htm

Return to “Central Okanagan”