OKM school

goatboy
Guru

Re: OKM school

Post by goatboy »

MAPearce wrote:
I'm glad you accept that people come to their own conclusions Goatboy.....

You've come to your own about me...NO ?

Again , MY kids won't go to OKM , EVER..And neither will I support any of their future fundraising endevours..

I've seen enough..period.

Nothing YOU ,or anyone else ,will say change my mind...

Feel free to continue to try though...

I'm sure all of OKM will be devastated to hear that no little Mikey's will be attending.
Tero
Board Meister

Post by Tero »

MAPearce wrote:No , I don't need anything else , never mind better.. After seeing a teacher help herself to the fundraising pot for OKM while we waited in line for a hay ride at a local , and very popular farm this year, My mind is made up ...

But thanks.

Ouch... I don't have kids at OKM and have never worked there so I don't have an opinion on that either way.

HOWEVER, I have been a crazy PAC mom over the years and this comment has me greatly insulted for this reason:

I have been involved in several very lucrative fundraisers over the years, one being a huge community yard sale, the other being a family fun even with concession, rock wall, bouncy castles, face painting, etc. As the person in charge of these events, I could be seen ALL DAY walking from station to station, opening cash boxes, and literally stuffing my pockets with $10's, $20's, $50's etc. I did this to move the money out of the hands of the parent volunteers and into the main locked cash box kept under lock and key inside the locked office inside the school.

Everything is not always as it's seen, and your comment is presumptuous and totally out of line.
plast63
Fledgling

Post by plast63 »

brounal wrote:Got two kids in OKM 15 year old in Grade 9 and 16 year old in Grade 10. Generally finding it a really good school .Any bullying problems are usually dealt with promply. They have programs to help students that are having a hard time with things as well my kids are in those . I wish they were maybe a bit more tech oriented with more emphasis on trade stuff ,practical stuff .There was a great high school back in Regina which sadly sounds like it is being closed down that had a no home work policy and also was super heavy on practical tech type courses. I think funding was cut to it but it was there for many many years.

So you can add me to the list of liking OKM for the most part. As for wealthy guess we fall in the middle of the range living in a 600k or so house in Upper Mission. And we do drive pretty nice cars but don't think have any big attitude and certainly not wealthy compared to many many people that live in this city or in our area since quite a few homes well over a million and no ferrari in my driveway but hoping my lotto ticket wins me one.

thanks a lot for post :up:
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

My kids go to OKM. It's not all snotty rich kids there. Yes, there are extremely wealthy kids, but there are also a lot of middle class kids too. I wouldn't call OKM a big sports school. Kids who want to get somewhere in certain sports go to KSS. Being a smaller school, I don't think OKM has the range of program options or facilities that a school like KSS does. Again, if OKM doesn't offer a particular program, a lot of kids transfer to KSS.

Kids being kids, some will complain about whatever school they go to - no matter how awesome it is.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Walked thru part of the grounds for the first time since renovations. Wow they did a lot of work
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

Return to “Central Okanagan”