OKM school

phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: OKM school

Post by phasyluck »

Does OKM still have the apple machine? God I don't miss that place one bit haha! Speedy Spilaks little rip off store and all that fun stuff. Mechanics shop was good though when Siddon was there.
Sure do love Rutland!!
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

The kids at OKM have a very good talent of wrecking stuff....

The wilderness , Someones home etc.. And the parents and staff seem to be able to find a plethera of reasons for it..

My kids will NEVER go there...

Just sayin.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
janalta
Übergod

Post by janalta »

MAPearce wrote:The kids at OKM have a very good talent of wrecking stuff....

The wilderness , Someones home etc.. And the parents and staff seem to be able to find a plethera of reasons for it..

My kids will NEVER go there...

Just sayin.

The students at OKM went up to Chute Lake and cleaned the entire area up.
The kid who threw the house party was no longer in school. Many of the party goers were either from other schools or also had graduated already....NOT OKM students.

Students from Boucherie however did not clean up after the two bush wreckers they threw last year at Bear Creek and Trepanier.

Got anything better????
Wise enough to know better.
Old enough to care less.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Compared to other schools in bc kelowna schools are awesome , Academically we compare with some of the best private schools.According to the Fraser institute okm ranks higher than even kss. rutland not so good,My experiences are personal and very biased based on them .If you live and your kids go to school in kelowna you are blessed .I don't think that the OPs point was that people are angry at OKM but the neglectful way some wealthy raise their spoiled children giving them nice cars without earning them not teaching them morals or respect and Having that not in my back yard attitude.I think Kss has a better arts program and feel socializing is just as important as grades.My hope is that if my son gets back to his old friends from klo and away from the bullies his time will be better.Who does not want to do the very best for their child.
Last edited by kibbs on Feb 9th, 2013, 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peace be with you.
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

kibbs wrote: .........but the neglectful way the wealthy raise their spoiled children .........

Just a slight generalization, don't you think? I know plenty of wealthy people who have raised wonderful, caring and thoughtful children. Every school has parents and kids who are idiots.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

The students at OKM went up to Chute Lake and cleaned the entire area up.

And if they didn't get caught in the act , I doubt they would have..

The kid who threw the house party was no longer in school. Many of the party goers were either from other schools or also had graduated already....NOT OKM students.

Yeah , maybe the kid wasn't in school but they vid of the house getting trashed was on that schools fb page , NO ?...

Anyway , OKM will NOT be a school that my kid will attend EVER...

Got anything better????

No , I don't need anything else , never mind better.. After seeing a teacher help herself to the fundraising pot for OKM while we waited in line for a hay ride at a local , and very popular farm this year, My mind is made up ...

But thanks.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Just a slight generalization, don't you think?

yep ,easily fixed with the adjective some,
Peace be with you.
janalta
Übergod

Post by janalta »

MAPearce wrote:
And if they didn't get caught in the act , I doubt they would have..

Pure speculation on your part

Yeah , maybe the kid wasn't in school but they vid of the house getting trashed was on that schools fb page , NO ?...

NO.
It was on Youtube, which I'm fairly certain, is not tied to OKM in any way.

No , I don't need anything else , never mind better.. After seeing a teacher help herself to the fundraising pot for OKM while we waited in line for a hay ride at a local , and very popular farm this year, My mind is made up ...

But thanks.

LOL...a teacher, at a school fundraiser...took money out of a pot in front of a line up full of people....and your conclusion is that she was stealing it? :137:
Old enough to care less.
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

kibbs wrote:yep ,easily fixed with the adjective some,

But a world apart in it's meaning.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

LOL...a teacher, at a school fundraiser...took money out of a pot in front of a line up full of people....and your conclusion is that she was stealing it?

Should have seen the look on the kids faces...... :137:

I won't send my kids to OKM ...OK ??
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

Did you report it?
Maybe she was taking some of the money to put in a more secure location so it would not be lost if someone grabbed the money pot and ran?
That is not an uncommon thing to be done anywhere cash is used as either a donation or a fee for entry to an event.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

Piecemaker wrote:Did you report it?

Of course not, far easier to jump to stupid conclusions and post them on these boards. I'd almost say it was a slanderous accusation, actually.
janalta
Übergod

Post by janalta »

goatboy wrote:
Of course not, far easier to jump to stupid conclusions and post them on these boards. I'd almost say it was a slanderous accusation, actually.

Ditto.
Pretty darned sure that even if a teacher was inclined to pocket money from a school fundraiser....they wouldn't do it in plain sight of the general public and their students.
Old enough to care less.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Yeah , right ...report it to who ? The union ??

My kids won't go to OKM ..

OK ?
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I'm glad you accept that people come to their own conclusions Goatboy.....

You've come to your own about me...NO ?

Again , MY kids won't go to OKM , EVER..And neither will I support any of their future fundraising endevours..

I've seen enough..period.

Nothing YOU ,or anyone else ,will say change my mind...

Feel free to continue to try though...

Return to “Central Okanagan”