OKM school

albertabound
Board Meister

Re: OKM school

Post by albertabound »

:sunshine: Wake up it is not the school but your kids,parents are to blame for a lot of their problems. :bethecoffee:
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

:runforlife:

I can see into the future , and what I see is......

"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
netfreak
Übergod

Post by netfreak »

cutter7 wrote:I am assuming you went to okm a long time ago. I know that okm has produced some top tier science students.

Either that or I would have to give those students credit for rising above the conditions you describe and applied themselves while you chose not to.

Graduated over 10 years ago. Everything I wanted to learn to better my career chances and life goals I did on my own.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Wake up it is not the school but your kids,parents are to blame for a lot of their problems

The school is the kids and there parents .If you put a disproportionate amount of troubled students in one school ,you do not want your kid in that school.Like i said teachers can only do so much with nasty kids and their jerk parents.
Tell me why so much more trouble is coming from okm?I have not seen any media covering crap from other schools .2 strikes for okm.
http://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/76 ... h-campsite
Peace be with you.
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

kibbs wrote:
The school is the kids and there parents .If you put a disproportionate amount of troubled students in one school ,you do not want your kid in that school.Like i said teachers can only do so much with nasty kids and their jerk parents.
Tell me why so much more trouble coming from okm?I have not seen any media covering crap from other schools .2 strikes for okm.

If that were true, how come we never hear anything about Central school.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

My older son was in this production at kss .okm is only trying to create a theatre. They attempted a similar production to help generate support .it wasn't even close.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmFCKbK31WU
he was also was in this production which blew me away from a high school
http://literateowl.com/2011/11/24/kss-n ... e-project/
and i've found his pic in there bonus
Last edited by kibbs on Feb 4th, 2013, 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peace be with you.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

If that were true, how come we never hear anything about Central school.

Some parents feel shame if there kids go there cause it is the end of the road for some.It is also run differently maybe that is why.My son says that the really bad are there but hold to there old groups from,Okm .rss and kss.We must realize that the social abilities are growing beyond the school borders .Ill be so glad to be done with kids in kelowna schools .I wish I knew THEN what I know now..Kids with smart phones will rule the world soon.
Peace be with you.
janalta
Übergod

Post by janalta »

kibbs wrote:
Tell me why so much more trouble is coming from okm?I have not seen any media covering crap from other schools .2 strikes for okm.

We get it already....Yeti hates OKM because all of the kids are spoiled rich, stuck up brats. You hate OKM because your kid has behavioral and social problems and think the school is to blame because it's full of hoodlums.
One of you is full of crap because that's two different takes on the same school.

So much trouble coming out of OKM ?

One kid has house party...announces it on FB, party gets out of hand. Kid has already graduated...he is not an OKM student. Many of the uninvited party goes are said to be from other schools and/or in their early 20's.
So...it really had little to do with OKM at all.

One out of hand grad party and trash left in campground. Grad class went back and cleaned it all up.

No other schools are ever in the news?

Boucherie was just in the news last spring for doing exactly the same thing at a grad party in the Bear Creek area. Don't recall all of the students going back to clean it up though.
Boucherie also involved in a bush party that got out of control near Peachland last year.
Let's not forget the Peachland high school party that resulted in a 16 year old girl being stabbed to death.
Another young man was killed at a high school party in Penticton.
Wise enough to know better.
Old enough to care less.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Lots of negative incidents involve different schools. I'd be focussing on the positive aspects of OKM as in the graduates that go on to successful careers and their community spirit.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

GenuinelyInterested wrote:It must really suck when parent and child are in the same English class together.

:dyinglaughing: Glad I'm not the only one who had that thought, when reading this thread.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

We get it already....Yeti hates OKM because all of the kids are spoiled rich, stuck up brats. You hate OKM because your kid has behavioral and social problems and think the school is to blame because it's full of hoodlums.
One of you is full of crap because that's two different takes on the same school.

When yeti went their all the kids were like that in his day .Im trying to point out the kids there are much more like him now .Kss is getting the bucks,My kid is fine .you keep your full of crap judgement to yourself.I had the problem last year with a large amount of bullies and no school action.I fought with them to get something done .If Mediocrity is ok for your kid good for you and your lessened expectations in life.My kid will be getting the best a public school education in Kelowna he can .I thought we were comparing kelowna schools .Im sure the ones in vancouver make okm look good to.Maybe you should get more information, your mind requires many more details to understand, before you accuse people of being full of crap :boxer:
Peace be with you.
janalta
Übergod

Post by janalta »

kibbs wrote:When yeti went their all the kids were like that in his day .Im trying to point out the kids there are much more like him now .Kss is getting the bucks,My kid is fine .you keep your full of crap judgement to yourself.I had the problem last year with a large amount of bullies and no school action.I fought with them to get something done .If Mediocrity is ok for your kid good for you and your lessened expectations in life.My kid will be getting the best a public school education in Kelowna he can .I thought we were comparing kelowna schools .Im sure the ones in vancouver make okm look good to.Maybe you should get more information, your mind requires many more details to understand, before you accuse people of being full of crap :boxer:

THERE...When yeti went THERE.
The kids are more like him now? So....in your non-judgmental way, you're saying that the OP is a hoodlum/bully????

Make up your mind please. YOU clearly stated that your child had behavior problems and problems socializing. You also stated clearly that the staff, teachers at OKM were great.
Now there was no school action ?
Which was it ?

As I've already stated, my children do not go to OKM. They do not live in Kelowna. They also do not live in Vancouver, so not sure what that comment has to do with anything. Three of them have already graduated, so your babble is pointless anyhow. My kids have all more than exceeded expectations. One is a public health nurse, one is in her second year of nursing at UofA, one is an apprentice linesman and the other is an honor roll student in grade 11.

KSS gets the bucks? So are you suggesting that the school district does not distribute funds evenly to all of the schools in Kelowna? Not sure what money has to do with any of this?
Then again, I have a hard time following a lot of what you write.

I didn't accuse you specifically...I said ONE of you...because you are both telling completely opposite tales about the same school. So, you can't possibly both be correct.
( and FYI - the op has never actually stated when he went to school. He also never actually attended OKM )
Old enough to care less.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

THERE...When yeti went THERE.
The kids are more like him now? So....in your non-judgmental way, you're saying that the OP is a hoodlum/bully????

well where r u coming from?? i told u where im coming from thats from the kid who was a smart kid but hated every second of school and was a bit of a bully .

These are yetis words

Make up your mind please. YOU clearly stated that your child had behavior problems and problems socializing. You also stated clearly that the staff, teachers at OKM were great.

They sucked last year this year better after making change .new p and a counciller that woke up.oh ya more money at kss .and
As I've already stated, my children do not go to OKM. They do not live in Kelowna.
since this is none of your business, why don't you mind your own buisness.
You stated that ,i don't label my kid like schools and jerks,
Peace be with you.
janalta
Übergod

Post by janalta »

kibbs wrote:since this is none of your business, why don't you mind your own buisness.
You stated that ,i don't label my kid like schools and jerks,

Oh, my bad...apparently I didn't see the warning on this thread that stated that only those parents with children currently attending OKM are allowed to post here.

Mind my own business. On a public chat forum. :dyinglaughing:

I attended OKM, my friends and family attended OKM, their kids attend OKM....so...yeah, I have as much business as anyone else to post.

As for your last line...I have no clue what you're even attempting to say with that one.
Old enough to care less.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

As for your last line...I have no clue what you're even attempting to say with that one

i dont expect you to nor will i explain .Your attacks on my posts are personal and add nothing in the the way of comparative intelligent topic related argument.They are merely pulling apart my words in a petty way.There is news about the party in the OKM area I can see the whole area dropping in its former wealthy class persona .Hopefully property values will drop further and I can afford to live there to .Party on OKM.
http://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/86 ... d-to-leave
Peace be with you.

Return to “Central Okanagan”