Geoff Meisner's brother

grumpies daughter
Board Meister

Geoff Meisner's brother

Post by grumpies daughter »

Geoff Meisner's brother found dead in a drug lab in Nelson, another tragedy for his family.
try to live your whole life west of the rockies
Phoenix Within
Guru

Re: Geoff Meisner's brother

Post by Phoenix Within »

Link?
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
signgrrrl
Fledgling

Post by signgrrrl »

amomof2dogs
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by amomof2dogs »

http://www.nelsonstar.com/news/189547881.html
By Staff Writer - Nelson Star
Published: February 02, 2013 10:00 PM
Updated: February 05, 2013 9:43 AM

Police continue to investigate the sudden death of a man in a Rosemont home being used as a drug lab.
The BC Coroners Service has identified him as Andrew John Meisner, 33. The Star has learned he lived alone in the split-level, three-bedroom home with two pit bulls since last March. He told his landlords he had a contracting business.
Friends who had been unable to reach him found him dead in his home Friday. He's believed to have died the previous day but it's not clear how. Foul play has now been ruled out. Police responded to the call at about 8:30 p.m. along with paramedics.

Meisner's parents are believed to be en route from New Brunswick. His father Gord is a former RCMP officer.
Meisner graduated from L.V. Rogers in 1997. His older brother Geoff went missing from West Kelowna in 2009. In an affidavit filed in court to have him declared dead, his wife said Geoff was a drug dealer with ties to the Hells Angels. Geoff formerly lived in Nelson and sold vitamin supplements.

Nelson police Sgt. Janet Scott-Pryke said in a news release that based on initial observations of the home — a duplex at the corner of Robertson and West Innes — they suspected a drug lab was present.

After consulting the RCMP and Nelson Fire Department, they determined there was likely no immediate danger to the public, but "in order to preserve the integrity" of the investigation, residents of the other unit in the duplex were asked to leave. The occupants of a house behind the duplex were also briefly evacuated, but have since returned home.

The RCMP's clandestine lab team from Surrey was called out and arrived at 6 p.m. Saturday to begin the investigation along with members of the Nelson Police Department, Nelson Fire Department, BC Ambulance, and the RCMP's forensic identification and road safety units.

"There was a clandestine lab in operation in the home that appears to have been manufacturing prescription and/or restricted drugs," Scott-Pryke said in the statement. "No dangerous or noxious chemicals were located or recovered."

The preliminary investigation has been completed, she said, but police are providing only limited information "so as not to compromise the coroner's and/or the police and fire investigations."

Police chief Wayne Holland added in an email to the Star that "there is absolutely nothing for the residents of that neighborhood, or the citizens of Nelson in general, to be concerned about as regards their health or their personal safety" as a result of the incident.

Meisner's landlord told the Star he was a good tenant who paid his rent early. They haven't been allowed into the home yet to assess the damage. His dogs are believed to have been taken to a local boarding kennel.
I think, therefore we are different.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

His older brother Geoff went missing from West Kelowna in 2009. In an affidavit filed in court to have him declared dead, his wife said Geoff was a drug dealer with ties to the Hells Angels. Geoff formerly lived in Nelson and sold vitamin supplements.

I don't remember hearing that when Geoff Meisner was declared dead. I guess that confirms what most people suspected.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
johnhenry
Übergod

Post by johnhenry »

gardengirl wrote:His older brother Geoff went missing from West Kelowna in 2009. In an affidavit filed in court to have him declared dead, his wife said Geoff was a drug dealer with ties to the Hells Angels. Geoff formerly lived in Nelson and sold vitamin supplements.

I don't remember hearing that when Geoff Meisner was declared dead. I guess that confirms what most people suspected.

Google is your friend.
Words out of your mouth are like bullets out of a gun.
Once they are out, you can't take them back.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

I feel so badly for the young Meisner girls...death has been such a big part of their young life's...first dad , then uncle...
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

grumpies daughter wrote:Geoff Meisner's brother found dead in a drug lab in Nelson, another tragedy for his family.

Yup, another tragedy for the Meisner family....
These people should have went to school and took up a different line of work, possibly something safer.
I will never understand those who choose a life that ends up burdening the family, maybe just greed, who knows.

Also, It really makes me question whether it was a parenting issue, or just a couple of rebels.
:132:
Dana1

Post by Dana1 »

This is obviously a difficult time for the whole family and friends. I hope people have enough thought to not drag them through any more pain.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

These people should have went to school and took up a different line of work,

Really. Can we not try just a little harder?
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

The money must be amazing in order to make it worth living a life where you are constantly looking over your shoulder.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
goalie
Übergod

Post by goalie »

mexicalidreamer wrote:The money must be amazing in order to make it worth living a life where you are constantly looking over your shoulder.

hmm let's see... Minimum Wage or 100k a year?
diggerdick
Board Meister

Post by diggerdick »

I think the tough guy, tattooed steroid gangster lifestyle is very appealing to some of these guys.

And they believe the criminal organizations that they are associated with give a damn whether they live or die.

Once you get in so deep and know so much it's just easier to kill a liability than to pay them.
Last edited by diggerdick on Feb 6th, 2013, 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
THINK for yourself - Dont be lead-
johnhenry
Übergod

Post by johnhenry »

My condolences to the parents. They must be devastated.
Words out of your mouth are like bullets out of a gun.
Once they are out, you can't take them back.

Return to “Central Okanagan”