Vintage/Non-Vintage Scooter Riders

TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Vintage/Non-Vintage Scooter Riders

Post by TreeGuy »

Are there any riders of vintage or non-vintage scooters that would be interested in getting together for rides or possibly to put together a club? I know there used to be the Twist n Crawl Scooter club but I don't know what happened to it.

I own a vintage scooter and it would be great to meet others in the area. I can't wait for riding season! :sunshine:
GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Vintage/Non-Vintage Scooter Riders

Post by GrooveTunes »

I can see you all now.........go for it. You might watch for this to download when it comes online. Looks like fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgZcWTC70L4&feature=player_embedded
All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Cute video! However, I said I own a vintage scooter, I myself am not vintage! LOL

If you filmed the Kelowna version of this movie they would all be on four wheeled electric scooters.
GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by GrooveTunes »

TreeGuy wrote:Cute video! However, I said I own a vintage scooter, I myself am not vintage! LOL

If you filmed the Kelowna version of this movie they would all be on four wheeled electric scooters.

haha sorry.
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

Check out this beautiful 50cc.

www.janusmotorcycles.com
Fixer 166
Guru

Post by Fixer 166 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 7th, 2018, 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Every Relationship Is Give & Give
GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by GrooveTunes »

featfan wrote:Check out this beautiful 50cc.

http://www.janusmotorcycles.com

Very cool. Wonder what the ride is like?
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

That is a pretty sweet looking bike! Here is a picture of my ride:

topper.jpg

It has been in my family for 35 years. Not too many people are aware that Harley Davidson produced this little bike between 1960 & 1965. It has a 165cc motor with a CV transmission. I just had the motor rebuilt and can't wait to hit the streets this summer!
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Looks like a topper, even has correct emblems used from 64 to 66....

Cool..I have whizzers, had a doodlebug.. Stuff like that.. Some of us vintage MC guys hang out on Bcclassic motorcycle club.. Probably would not mind if some Scooter Trash showed up..we have weekend coffee meets, one member has an Eatons scooter similar to yours that is for sale..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

kel7148 wrote:I was thinking about getting a scooter this spring / summer. I was looking at 50cc models. If there was a club in town that would be great.

Not to get off topic, but how safe do scooter riders feel riding in Kelowna? I would love the cheap fuel costs and insurance of a scooter for getting around the city, but wonder with all those monster 4x4's rolling around town, will I even be seen on a scooter.

I think it would be great to have other people to zip around with too! As for the safety concerns of riding around Kelowna, I will only be riding on the side streets. I think around the downtown area and down Pandosy to Lakeshore would be fine. I won't be taking mine along Hwy 97. In fact I live in Westbank and will be trailering it into Kelowna if I want to cruise around there.

Let me know if you get yourself one!
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

50-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:Looks like a topper, even has correct emblems used from 64 to 66....

Cool..I have whizzers, had a doodlebug.. Stuff like that.. Some of us vintage MC guys hang out on Bcclassic motorcycle club.. Probably would not mind if some Scooter Trash showed up..we have weekend coffee meets, one member has an Eatons scooter similar to yours that is for sale..

Yes, mine is registered as a '65 but has the paint scheme of a '64. Towards the end of production they mixed and matched chassis's and bodies.

It would be great to meet up with you guys sometime. When and where do you meet? I will check out the BCclassic mc club. My dad is a vintage bike guy, that is who I bought the Topper from. He collects and rebuilds vintage Harley's. He is also has an old whizzer that needs restoring and is looking at buying a couple more in the southern US to bring back with them.
Tero
Board Meister

Post by Tero »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 7th, 2018, 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

We have been meeting at Blenz westbank, and glenmore..A few places out on South lakeshore, Wooden Nickel, winfield, Vernon occassionaly..
Ask pops if he wants to show or race his whizzer we have a Vintage race at Okeefe Ranch..2nd weekend of July.... I think mine is going to win..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

I love old scooters my Dad has a vespa back home.what do you know of this jaguars event ?
http://www.keepsonburning.com/events/2011kelowna.htm
Peace be with you.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

50-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:We have been meeting at Blenz westbank, and glenmore..A few places out on South lakeshore, Wooden Nickel, winfield, Vernon occassionaly..
Ask pops if he wants to show or race his whizzer we have a Vintage race at Okeefe Ranch..2nd weekend of July.... I think mine is going to win..

Might have to catch up with you guys, Blenz in Westbank isn't too far from my place. You know they are opening another Blenz in the old Starbucks space by the theatre.

We have been to the race at Okeefe a few years ago, they were racing old Harleys on the dirt track. He lives out on the Island. Ever go to the Tsawwassen Vintage bike show and shine and swap meet? I plan on showing the Topper down there next year.

Return to “Central Okanagan”