Geoff Mantler trial?

jimsenchuk
Lord of the Board

Re: Geoff Mantler trial?

Post by jimsenchuk »

a bab cop, was never a good cop to begin with

What the heck is a bab cop?, never heard of one of them.
The only effective answer to organized greed is organized labor.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

This Thread is still going? Comon the 15 min of Fame for buddy is done and the trial is long over...done....
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
jimsenchuk
Lord of the Board

Post by jimsenchuk »

Symbonite wrote:This Thread is still going? Comon the 15 min of Fame for buddy is done and the trial is long over...done....

Not done yet, there is still a lawsuit in the works.
The only effective answer to organized greed is organized labor.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To jimsenchuk ...

Since there were two criminal complaints and one civil hearing regarding Mr Mantler should we consider Mr Mantler responsible for three of the 51 incidents in which an RCMP officer disgraced his/her uniform across Canada last year, or just one?

I say just "one" because one of the two criminal complaints turned out to be unfounded.

1 IN 400 RCMP OFFICERS STATIONED ACROSS DISGRACED THEIR UNIFORM LAST YEAR

That is about 1/5 of 1% of the officers in uniform.

Not perfect ... but still the exceptional.
diggerdick
Board Meister

Post by diggerdick »

YA right the rCMp are exceptional

And nothing needs fixing LOL

In all fairness, you probably don't understand the damage Your attitude Does to Canada and to the RCMP themselves
THINK for yourself - Dont be lead-
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Diggerdick ...

Oops two too many letters on exceptionAl.

I have seldom known the truth to hurt or harm anyone. I believe it was you who identified the government required memorandum from the Commissioner of the RCMP that identified RCMP wrongdoing as 51 proven incidents by the more than 21,000 police officers across Canada.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

It seems that most do not like the RCMP keeping the peace for us...

so here is the solution...maybe the non RCMP people would go for this because I dont see any other option for a group to keep the peace...

we disband the RCMP....out tax would go down. but then use the ARMY to Police our streets. I mean we already pay tax for them and they are far cheaper than a police officer.

no questions or concerns...they just haul you to the brig.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

Would be nice if everyone would grab a brain and get over it! The RCMP is but ONE (1) police agency protecting Canadians every day. They have no more problems than any of the others but because they are the federal force spotted all over they take the heat for them all... really!
And it is interesting to read all those that post such negativity against the police cause if you read a lot of their other posts they are demanding more from the cops not less... so what is it ... we need them or not?
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Lard luv a duck, crazyolene, I do believe that I agree completely with your last post. Is it you or me that has seen the light of truth shining over our posts?
okanaganchoppers

Post by okanaganchoppers »

I think most are considering the option of Municipal police forces as opposed to RCMP. It's seems to work for Port Moody, Vancouver, etal. It also gives the town more control as their communities need.

But...then again if it works in small crime/town Vancouver it may not be very practical here? Just my 2 cents.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To okanaganchoppers ...

Easy comment to make. Very hard to continually train, resource and finance. Do you really want local politicians running your police force?
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

There is a huge difference between a regional police force and a municipal force. The examples of Port Moody and Vancouver are not regional forces but municipal and there are quite a few in BC. As far as i am aware the only Regional force in Canada is the OPP (Ontario Provincial Police) but you still see RCMP and municipal forces there too.
Training issues in BC have been channeled into the JI in New West for all sorts of emergency workers and that cuts costs, does not eliminate them but cuts them down as it is shared out.
But the costs of actually having a standalone force is prohibitive and not within the reach of most reasonably sized municipalities let alone the smaller ones.
No matter if it is provincial or federal citizens will still carry the bill and pay for it in their taxes and I do not see any reasonable argument to change to provincial forces all over the place.
Even the municipal forces across the country join up (including RCMP members) to form task forces etc. when needed with some groups that are ongoing just members transitioning in and out.
So why would anyone in their right mind want to spend the money to a: develop the laws and force b: find and train members c: pay wages and uniforms costs d: pay relocation and benefits e: monitor and enforce the force and the list goes on and on. The systems are already in place!
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To symbonite ...

Where did you come up with the silly idea that "most of us" do not like being policed by the RCMP? From the five always present anti any kind of police people commenting on this and many other threads?

Maybe in theory that constitutes "reliable" information ... but in the real world in which we live ...
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

Just finished watching the graduation ceremonies from the Justice Institute in New West. For all the nay sayers on this thread you would have learned a lot and seen not everyone is as negative on serving others as you all appear to be. Congratulations to the new gen of law enforcement, paramedics and others who graduated today!
You can still watch the webcast from the JI website archive if you are interested..

Return to “Central Okanagan”