Geoff Mantler trial?

Oneeye

Geoff Mantler trial?

Post by Oneeye »

Wasn't he supposed to be sentenced in January? Anyone know what's happening?
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: Geoff Mantler trial?

Post by oneh2obabe »

Lawyers for both sides will argue what punishment Mantler should get for the assault on April 30.

Mantler starts a civil trial in Kelowna on Jan. 21. Tavares is suing him, the RCMP and others for excessive force and wrongful arrest.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Mantler starts a civil trial in Kelowna on Jan. 21.

It's Feb 13 today ....Feb comes after Jan...Right ???

Maybe , no one cares anymore .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Maybe Buddy didn't make it back from Mexico yet.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

oneh2obabe wrote:Maybe Buddy didn't make it back from Mexico yet.

:dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Why so funny ? If he can afford it , why not go ???

Beats this weather .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

^^^True. It's a civil trial and doesn't affect us so why should it matter if it's being reported or not.

jimsenchuk
Lord of the Board

Post by jimsenchuk »

correct,thats why we should be happy with what we got
i would love to see some of you cop bashers move to mexico,then you would have a real reason to cop bash

Hope he gets some good jail time, and loses all his assets.......as for the Mexican Police...hahahahahaha(have you had a bad experience with the Mexican Police?), if not try the Russian Police, they don't mess around. If the police up here would just be a cop and not a thug(not all are thugs...i would say 15% are thugs) i think they would get alot more respect.
The only effective answer to organized greed is organized labor.
Oneeye

Post by Oneeye »

oneh2obabe wrote:^^^True. It's a civil trial and doesn't affect us so why should it matter if it's being reported or not.

I'm not interested in the civil trial rather "our" trial where he plead guilty to using excessive force. That sentence was supposed to be handed down in late January.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I'm not interested in the civil trial rather "our" trial where he plead guilty to using excessive force. That sentence was supposed to be handed down in late January.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a light sentence...in exchange for the sudden guilty plea.

It wouldn't even surprise me if he got some sort of "severance package" for it ..
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Oneeye wrote:I'm not interested in the civil trial rather "our" trial where he plead guilty to using excessive force. That sentence was supposed to be handed down in late January.

No it wasn't ... lawyers for both sides will argue what punishment Mantler should get for pleading guilty to the assault on April 30. That date would have been agreed upon by both lawyers and the court after the trial finished.

Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

There is a significant legal and moral difference between the police using force to effect an arrest or gain unquestioned control over a firearm involved situation and the police using excessive force to carry out the exact same arrest. Unfortunately the difference between the two (one legal and the other illegal) is dependent on ALL of the visible circumstances by which each person judges whether the amount of force used was justified AND the interpretation of all of those circumstances as believed by the officer at the time. One very visible. The other invisible. Difficult for anyone to judge.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

Donald G wrote:There is a significant legal and moral difference between the police using force to effect an arrest or gain unquestioned control over a firearm involved situation and the police using excessive force to carry out the exact same arrest. Unfortunately the difference between the two (one legal and the other illegal) is dependent on ALL of the visible circumstances by which each person judges whether the amount of force used was justified AND the interpretation of all of those circumstances as believed by the officer at the time. One very visible. The other invisible. Difficult for anyone to judge.

Sorry, but what is the point of your post? We the public judged his actions and reactions. As did an independent police force, as well as the crown, and so on. In this case it really WASNT very difficult for anyone to judge.
I think it's safe to say the only one that lacked judgment was Mantler himself.
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

Oneeye wrote:I'm not interested in the civil trial rather "our" trial where he plead guilty to using excessive force. That sentence was supposed to be handed down in late January.

"our" trial? You were personally involved? You gave evidence? You were a witness? You paid for a part of it?

If not then "you" were not involved in the trial at all.

Got to love public interference! Would you be calling it "our" trial if the verdict had been different? Likely not.

But I am sure you will have plenty to schpeel about if the courts dispose of the matter with community service, taking into effect all the other punishment the guilty plea to his actions has had.

What good would it do to put this person in jail? He has and will be punished by all of this without going to jail. He has lost a job a pension, a life and who knows possibly friends and family to boot. I am sure he has learned his lesson and will continue having to explain his actions for the rest of his life, maybe just not to you personally or the media. Time to back away ... after all what truly is this "interest" you have in someone's personal business.
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
diggerdick
Board Meister

Post by diggerdick »

What good would putting this person imprisoned due:dyinglaughing:

it would set precedent . losing your job and being embarrassed is not a punishment for a criminal action just because you wear RCMP uniform. over and over again police have been able to weasel out of prison time for criminal actions simply because the judges believe that they have high moral values and just made a mistake.
THINK for yourself - Dont be lead-

Return to “Central Okanagan”